PBF
Apr 10, 02:13 AM
WOW!!! iCal looks *********g UGLY... I hope they add an option to use a standard gray toolbar area... That seems so unlike apple to do something like that.
Heh.. What if they give everything that look :). I think I would switch to windows if they did that..
I don't understand why everyone seems to dislike the "new" iCal so much. Clearly, it was adopted by iPad iOS at first and now by Mac OS X Lion. Nothing new here. Nothing unexpected.
I don't remember people disliking/complaining about the iCal look on iPad at all. I tell ya, people complain just for the sake of complaining. What a crowd. :rolleyes:
Heh.. What if they give everything that look :). I think I would switch to windows if they did that..
I don't understand why everyone seems to dislike the "new" iCal so much. Clearly, it was adopted by iPad iOS at first and now by Mac OS X Lion. Nothing new here. Nothing unexpected.
I don't remember people disliking/complaining about the iCal look on iPad at all. I tell ya, people complain just for the sake of complaining. What a crowd. :rolleyes:
Lollypop
Aug 7, 04:26 AM
Interesting read but im not sure about system wide Software update. It could be like opening a can of worms - although it wont smell and have soil on it, it could become a weakpoint for hackers/viruses etc. :(
If done the right way I dont see how it could be a problem. For one, the user has to explicitly add the 3rd party product, apple could also act as a intermediary or something, the update will only become available through software update once apple has tested it (can download it youself when released), and even though the update comes from the 3rd parties webserver the hash is stored on apples servers and the update HAS to be verified and compared to the hash.
edit: spelling
If done the right way I dont see how it could be a problem. For one, the user has to explicitly add the 3rd party product, apple could also act as a intermediary or something, the update will only become available through software update once apple has tested it (can download it youself when released), and even though the update comes from the 3rd parties webserver the hash is stored on apples servers and the update HAS to be verified and compared to the hash.
edit: spelling
NXTMIKE
May 2, 04:22 PM
Whatever happened to Command-Delete?
....this is starting to look like Aero in Windows Vista.
See any similarities?
http://thecustomizewindows.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/How-to-remove-the-confirmation-prompt-to-delete-any-file-in-Windows-7-2.png
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article/2011/05/02/171331-lion_delete_evernote.jpg
....this is starting to look like Aero in Windows Vista.
See any similarities?
http://thecustomizewindows.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/How-to-remove-the-confirmation-prompt-to-delete-any-file-in-Windows-7-2.png
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article/2011/05/02/171331-lion_delete_evernote.jpg

lordonuthin
Apr 15, 12:37 PM
haha, thanks. yeah i think i moved into 3rd yesterday or the day before. yeah looking forward to 3 digits. i just gotta get this other system up and running. i really need to rearrange my gpus again, but just haven't had the time
According to the official stats (http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=3446&username=twoodcc) you already are at 3 digits for overall rank, congrats!
According to the official stats (http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=3446&username=twoodcc) you already are at 3 digits for overall rank, congrats!

baddj
Mar 31, 04:48 PM
It shows up in both full screen and non-full screen. Totally agree though, it definitely looks better and less distracting in full screen.
Non-full screen: http://grab.by/9LUu
Full screen: http://grab.by/9LUv
Umm i hope the hell you can change it back? if not well ill no longer be using ical ill find something else.
Non-full screen: http://grab.by/9LUu
Full screen: http://grab.by/9LUv
Umm i hope the hell you can change it back? if not well ill no longer be using ical ill find something else.
Vogue Harper
Nov 28, 02:12 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/4167932845_b0b8f1f9b1.jpg

ar code logo.

Google Barcode Logo:

SubZero Sounds Entertainment -

Masonic - Occultic Numerology

Barcode brushes, not overly

google arcode logo.

ar code logo. ferrari arcode

stock photo : arcode scanned

Google Barcode Logo

Google Home Page Bar Code Logo

Bar Code Logo

The Bar Code Card

ar-code-vector
AidenShaw
Aug 26, 10:16 AM
FX was used in the xServe, and they couldn't get dual-core CPU in there. As soon as they moved to woodcrest, they could replace that 2x G5 with 2x dual-core Woodcrests.
Says quite a bit about how hot they run....
Perhaps, but you can find the much hotter Xeon Netburst chips (much hotter than the 970 dual core) in 1U systems (and even blades) from other companies.
It wasn't that "the dual core 970 was too hot for a 1U", but that Apple decided against coming out with a dual-core Xserve. (Since they knew that Intel was coming, it might not have been worth the engineering changes needed for the dual core...)
Says quite a bit about how hot they run....
Perhaps, but you can find the much hotter Xeon Netburst chips (much hotter than the 970 dual core) in 1U systems (and even blades) from other companies.
It wasn't that "the dual core 970 was too hot for a 1U", but that Apple decided against coming out with a dual-core Xserve. (Since they knew that Intel was coming, it might not have been worth the engineering changes needed for the dual core...)
razzmatazz
Aug 6, 09:23 PM
ehhhhh? :confused:
I'm thinking he doesn't like Tiger
I'm thinking he doesn't like Tiger
2ndPath
Sep 1, 12:56 PM
It would be cool to have the Imac 23" with a 23" Cinema display next to it.
I think the iMac and the ACD just look too different due to the material, the "chin", the color and shape. Probably even an additional base would be necessary to at least get them to the same hight.
I think the iMac and the ACD just look too different due to the material, the "chin", the color and shape. Probably even an additional base would be necessary to at least get them to the same hight.
poppe
Sep 1, 01:16 PM
Computer lines (outside of Apple) overlap ALL THE TIME. It seems like all of you are afraid of the iMac outselling the Mac Pro. The smart thing to do is, yes, to make the iMac super-upgradeable but more expensive to do so, something which is probably intuitive anyway. People will then make the choice of an all-in-one or a tower. There is no such thing as a "too powerful" iMac. Apple sets the price, consumers buy.
No, now that I think about it, I dont think i'm worried about iMacs out selling a Mac Pro.
I'm acctually thinking how Apple tends to keep its computers seperated in some way so that the people that want a Mac Pro get a Mac Pro even if they have to resort to payments just to have it; that way people don't think they could settle for an iMac at 2399 and say "well I wanted a Mac Pro, but this should be ok too i guess"
Thats crazy! no way do Computers (outside of Apple) overlap ALL THE TIME.
No, now that I think about it, I dont think i'm worried about iMacs out selling a Mac Pro.
I'm acctually thinking how Apple tends to keep its computers seperated in some way so that the people that want a Mac Pro get a Mac Pro even if they have to resort to payments just to have it; that way people don't think they could settle for an iMac at 2399 and say "well I wanted a Mac Pro, but this should be ok too i guess"
Thats crazy! no way do Computers (outside of Apple) overlap ALL THE TIME.
iJohnHenry
Mar 1, 07:46 PM
Apparently the diesel Cruze tops out at 120 km/h (130ish mph);
Something amiss with your numbers.
130 mph is on the order of 210 kph.
120 kph is actually closer to 75 mph.
Something amiss with your numbers.
130 mph is on the order of 210 kph.
120 kph is actually closer to 75 mph.
Shanesan
Apr 26, 01:24 PM
Amazon could have just used "AppShop" to avoid this issue, but no, of course not.
totoum
Mar 22, 03:54 PM
Do people seriously have that many songs?!!! seriously?!!!
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
As mentioned above,some people want to listen to their songs uncompressed.
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
As mentioned above,some people want to listen to their songs uncompressed.
fwoppers
Sep 29, 11:30 PM
is that lime case tpu or silicon?
TPU
TPU
Hans Brix
Apr 14, 12:10 AM
I love driving manuals. Don't have one currently, because I needed to trade it in for a minivan. After this is paid off in a year, I'll be looking to purchase a MT car again.
FireStar
Oct 10, 01:55 PM
I disagree. After all, its in the USA and shipping times are slashed. I bought a couple iPhone cases and whenever I've had issues with the case, they always solved it. I can't say the same about sellers from Hong Kong that just don't care.
It's ok, if you're going to be using it for a full time case.
It's ok, if you're going to be using it for a full time case.
zerolight
Jul 18, 05:28 AM
Thing is Steve Jobs is going to pull the usual trick (stupid contracts) and only release this to the American public. Rubbish if you ask me, we live in a world of more than one country. Which is why this sounds like another stupid pipe dream that the rest of the world will never get to enjoy *points at TV shows*.
Iggy :rolleyes:
Surely the TV Shows issue is because the US shows are sold on to European TV Stations, usually after the show has aired in the states. These TV Stations aren't going to be too pleased if they've shelled out a bucketload of money for the UK premier of 24 for example, only to have it show up on iTunes before they've even aired it.
The only way it can work is if iTunes waits until after all the channels have aired it first. In the UK you'd find 24 showing up on something like E4, then Channel 4, then some of the scrubbers like Channel 5 or Bravo would likely have a deal, then it could show up on iTunes. By then the show is so old that there's no point. Hence, I imagine, why we don't get iTunes TV Shows here.
Iggy :rolleyes:
Surely the TV Shows issue is because the US shows are sold on to European TV Stations, usually after the show has aired in the states. These TV Stations aren't going to be too pleased if they've shelled out a bucketload of money for the UK premier of 24 for example, only to have it show up on iTunes before they've even aired it.
The only way it can work is if iTunes waits until after all the channels have aired it first. In the UK you'd find 24 showing up on something like E4, then Channel 4, then some of the scrubbers like Channel 5 or Bravo would likely have a deal, then it could show up on iTunes. By then the show is so old that there's no point. Hence, I imagine, why we don't get iTunes TV Shows here.
northy124
Apr 10, 10:06 AM
Manual (stick) shift cars are rare today and I'm wondering how many people still know how to drive them. How did you learn and do you have a desire to own one?
Rare? are you serious? please leave America and see how rare they are ;)
I learnt how to drive a Manual from the get go, my licence allows for both Auto and Manual cars :cool: Jealous? :p
Rare? are you serious? please leave America and see how rare they are ;)
I learnt how to drive a Manual from the get go, my licence allows for both Auto and Manual cars :cool: Jealous? :p
sauer228
Apr 19, 11:59 AM
Just in time for the back to school promo!
Benguitar
Nov 25, 06:41 PM
I'm not going to give you **** for your last purchase, but wouldn't one of these do the job?
Anyways, I don't really care. Btw, why do you center your posts?
Well thanks for not giving me crap.
What I think people are failing to see, Is that the case that I purchased, ISN'T that big, I can fit it easily in my gym bag with all my change of clothing, But this way when I'm in a hurry or if I toss my bag or it falls off a table or any of the freak unexpected things that happen to your stuff when you least expect it.
That case will hold up to it.
Yeah, I know, It's a much bigger case than a simple eye glasses case, But a Ferrari is a much faster car than the speed limits on any high way in the US?
(not sure, if that's a perfectly accurate analogy but it made sense to me)
:rolleyes:
I was just centering my posts cause I thought it looked nice.
Anyways, I don't really care. Btw, why do you center your posts?
Well thanks for not giving me crap.
What I think people are failing to see, Is that the case that I purchased, ISN'T that big, I can fit it easily in my gym bag with all my change of clothing, But this way when I'm in a hurry or if I toss my bag or it falls off a table or any of the freak unexpected things that happen to your stuff when you least expect it.
That case will hold up to it.
Yeah, I know, It's a much bigger case than a simple eye glasses case, But a Ferrari is a much faster car than the speed limits on any high way in the US?
(not sure, if that's a perfectly accurate analogy but it made sense to me)
:rolleyes:
I was just centering my posts cause I thought it looked nice.
hokka
Jan 2, 05:39 AM
new iPod that can be used to control & maybe mirror what's shown on the new iTV within range, and it uses BT headphones to avoid the problem of plug & unplug 3.5 jack all the time. All changed from a single dock...
Jdkeith
Apr 12, 08:50 PM
Any live feeds?
Mulyahnto
Jul 19, 04:03 PM
Actually, they were completely off base with their Mac estimates. Since it appears that most people on Wall St. think that Apple only makes iPods, this is no surprise.
Most estimates were for around 1 million Macs sold. Apple came in at 1.3 million. There's the margin difference right there.
This is what page 1 reported a couple days ago:
They predict Apple sales results that are close to but slightly lower than the Wall Street consensus estimates, with iPod quarterly sales between 7.7 and 8.3 million units, Mac sales of 1.2 to 1.23 million units, and revenue of $4.6 billion and $0.48 earnings per share, compared to Wall Street estimates for revenue of $4.95 billion and $0.52 earnings per share.
Most estimates were for around 1 million Macs sold. Apple came in at 1.3 million. There's the margin difference right there.
This is what page 1 reported a couple days ago:
They predict Apple sales results that are close to but slightly lower than the Wall Street consensus estimates, with iPod quarterly sales between 7.7 and 8.3 million units, Mac sales of 1.2 to 1.23 million units, and revenue of $4.6 billion and $0.48 earnings per share, compared to Wall Street estimates for revenue of $4.95 billion and $0.52 earnings per share.
FFTT
Nov 23, 06:30 AM
I think what I said about software developers catching up has merit.
It's not just the pro applications themselves that need to catch up to
take advantage of multi-core architecture, but also all those very important
plug-ins.
This especially holds true in audio recording software with some critical plug-in developers still struggling to catch up to universal binary versions of their software.
It's not just the pro applications themselves that need to catch up to
take advantage of multi-core architecture, but also all those very important
plug-ins.
This especially holds true in audio recording software with some critical plug-in developers still struggling to catch up to universal binary versions of their software.
No comments:
Post a Comment