Friday, May 20, 2011

easter cupcakes peeps

easter cupcakes peeps. Peep chick cupcakes!
  • Peep chick cupcakes!



  • samcraig
    Mar 18, 12:37 PM
    I want that text so I can call them up and lambast the eff out of them.

    I'm not jailbroken, I don't tether. But it pisses me off that they are wanting to limit data.

    I just checked, my data use per month for the last six months is anywhere from 4GB-7GB a month. Mostly because I stream a radio station. Pandora is better at managing data sending it in packets, this app uses straight streaming.

    I'll be staying off my wifi at home and at work.

    Ok - so you didn't even get the text. You might never get the text - but yet you're still going to have a tantrum and "teach ATT a lesson" ??? Ok - good luck with that.

    I never said anything about it being an accident. I also don't think your argument is "clear" unless you have some kind of internal information that the rest of us don't know about.

    If it is really that simple to develop "rules and logic engines" to crack down on tethering, why did it take almost a full year (after introducing tethering) to do it? A logical evaluation of network activity (one that can be done by a computer) works in many cases, but there are always instances where it misses things, or triggers a false alert. AT&T is limited in this regard. I also don't see anything special about the mobile hotspot feature that allows AT&T more access to information that it did not have previously. See the rest of my post.

    If people aren't being careful about what they are doing online while tethered (for example, they are doing things their iPhones cannot do natively), it's pretty simple for AT&T to see that kind of activity. But someone who is smart about it can probably get by indefinitely.

    I think AT&T is starting to panicking about the people who are leaving to go to Verizon. They need to make sure they are milking every dime they can get out of the iPhone users they still have

    You missed the point of what I said in my post. For one - I explained why they may have waited. Pretty clearly.

    I'm guessing a lot of people here are pissing and moaning about something that hasn't even affected them (yet) and might not ever. Which is even sillier. It sounds like very few (if any) on this thread actually GOT the email/txt.

    And to reiterate what I said several posts ago (but so few people read full threads...) that I don't agree with ATT charging twice for people on CAPPED plans. If you pay for 2 gigs - you should get 2 gigs - no matter what. It's finite.

    But unlimited data is a different matter. And for those that can't understand or see the difference - there's little use in trying to explain it over and over. You don't get it.





    easter cupcakes peeps. Cupcake Push Pop Peeps
  • Cupcake Push Pop Peeps



  • Lau
    Aug 29, 04:07 PM
    You know what I hate about crap like this?

    People read it, and then point their respective (washed in soap with chemical additives and toxins) fingers at Appple, because it makes them feel good. "Yeah, this Apple stuff is crap!"

    Then they go drive a block down the street to get milk from a cow who's waste runoff pollutes the local river, sit down and watch their TV with power generated from a coal-spewing power plant while eating dinner from plastic packaging that came from oil that was refined at a plant that contaminates the environment.

    Unless you live on an uninhabited island, catch all your own food and generate your own power, you have no room to talk. None of us do.

    I know where you're coming from, but surely it's a good thing to try and get the companies we use to improve their environmental policy? If Dell does recycle more than Apple, then maybe Apple should recycle more. If Apple's stuff lasts longer, Dell should make their stuff last longer. And yes, at the same time, we should be putting pressure on companies to reduce food packaging and use less power and fuel. I don't really see it as a competition between companies, more that if one company does something environmentally better than another, the other should try and match it, you know?





    easter cupcakes peeps. CUTE EASTER CUPCAKES amp; RECIPES
  • CUTE EASTER CUPCAKES amp; RECIPES



  • latergator116
    Mar 19, 08:51 AM
    No it is not. It's not theft in any defnition of the word! Seriously: if I walk in to a store and take CD from the shelf, and not pay it, I'm stealing. If I make an identical copy of the CD and leave the original on the shelf, I'm not stealing, I'm committing a copyright-infringment. But I'm not stealing.

    Same logic: if I take someone else's car, and drive away with it, I'm stealing it. But if I create an identical copy of the car (using a replicator I got from Star Trek) for myself, have I stolen anything? From whom have I stolen?

    I find it rather surprising how blindly people here defend Apple, even after seeing how they remove your rights little by little. How many times can you burn your iTunes-songs to CD? It used to be ten times. But Apple reduced it to seven. Then they removed the ability to share/stream your songs from itunes to others. Little by little, you feel the DRM-noose tightening around your necks. It seems like a major PR-coup to me, when you have Apple reducing your rights little by little, and you guys are screaming "Yes! Reduce our rights even more!"

    Well said. I have a feeling that the people blindly defending Apple and calling it "theft" don't quite understand how this program works. At least I hope that's the case.





    easter cupcakes peeps. Peeps Cupcakes for Easter
  • Peeps Cupcakes for Easter



  • bpaluzzi
    Apr 28, 09:00 AM
    Best thing I could find

    http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2010/Gadgets/Report/Desktop-and-Laptop-Computers.aspx

    Kudos for looking for something (seriously) -- I'd argue that it's a bit limited in scope, though:
    -Limited to America
    -Limited to adults
    -Calculating by household, with strictly boolean "yes or no" (not counting multiples)

    For example, in my house, we have 4 laptops and 1 desktop machine, but for this survey, it would only be counted as "yes" for both. Actually, it wouldn't be counted at all, since we're in England ;-)





    easter cupcakes peeps. Easter cupcakes:
  • Easter cupcakes:



  • *LTD*
    Apr 28, 08:12 AM
    Right, but how is that not a fad? By definition, it doesn't matter how said fad ends, it simply means that it's overall existence is temporary.

    I agree that it it was replaced by newer technology that does more, but it still was a fad in the end.

    You don't get it.





    easter cupcakes peeps. Stale Peeps everywhere
  • Stale Peeps everywhere



  • sblasl
    Nov 2, 08:25 PM
    Sorry, still trying to get up to speed on all of this intel stuff...:o





    easter cupcakes peeps. easter cupcakes with peeps.
  • easter cupcakes with peeps.



  • WestonHarvey1
    Apr 15, 12:19 PM
    Not a joke at all.

    Celibate Catholic priests raped children, and the head of your ********* church (god's supposed representative on Earth) helped to cover it up. You'll excuse me if I politely ignore whatever craziness the Catholic church has to say about anything.

    Those priests obviously weren't celibate, then.

    Yes, it really does suck that there are bad people everywhere.

    Post reported. If you can't see fit to post without insulting the intelligence of other members, then maybe you should not post. Everyone makes mistakes. If you can't accept that others make them and address it in a civil manner, maybe you should sit back and chill for a minute.

    Sorry. That was rude of me.





    easter cupcakes peeps. easter cupcakes with peeps.
  • easter cupcakes with peeps.



  • Xibalba
    Oct 7, 04:09 PM
    I hope my sarcasm meter is broken.

    If it is not, comments like this are exactly what is wrong with this forum.

    What does Microsoft has to do with topic?

    i agree with you but i think that he was referring to the fact that if android surpasses the iphone, then MS's windows mobile OS will fall even further back in the mobile operating system rankings.

    still, i find it annoying when people blindly bash MS or Apple just because others are doing it. MS does make some good products, but i prefer (and can afford) apple when it comes to computing and mobile products. i do however enjoy the MS Xbox 360 product and will purchase the upcoming Natal technology.





    easter cupcakes peeps. easter cupcake, peeps
  • easter cupcake, peeps



  • JesterJJZ
    Apr 12, 10:16 PM
    Might be great down the road, but something tells me my FCP7 will be plenty useful for at least the next couple years.





    easter cupcakes peeps. easter cupcakes with peeps.
  • easter cupcakes with peeps.



  • rickdollar
    Apr 13, 12:57 AM
    I need more information before I can form an opinion about this.

    Sorry, this is MacRumors. No rational statements are allowed. It's in the rules.





    easter cupcakes peeps. Peeps Easter Cupcakes
  • Peeps Easter Cupcakes



  • greenstork
    Sep 21, 09:55 AM
    By next spring, Apple will have the rest of the Media Center - one of the "super-secret" bits of Leopard is a full clone of Microsoft's Media Center Edition, built upon a greatly enhanced Front Row. (And accompanied by a full-featured AV remote.)

    The iTV is just Apple's copy of Microsoft's "Media Center Extender" and/or "Media Center Connect" (see Media Center Extender or Windows Media Connect. Which Do You Need? (http://www.mediacenterpcworld.com/news/218)) or Intel's wireless extender that will be part of the Viiv platform.

    Leopard has the other piece - the real multiple tuner support and PVR system.

    Couple that with a dual-core Conroe in a TiVo-sized box, and you'll have the option of a dedicated Apple Media Center in the living room, or the "iTV" feeding from the Apple Media Center in the office.

    Windows Media Center Edition supports up to five extenders. Apple certainly will do the same, so whether you choose the Conroe HTPC pizza-box, or a bigger Mac in the office - TVs throughout the house can access the single copy of the media library with "iTV" boxes.

    Except the big difference between Microsoft's Media Center and Apple's, is that Microsoft's new Vista version will be able to record encrypted digital and HD television via a CableCARD, and Apple has no plans for that at the moment. And it's not the type of functionality that will just show up, Microsoft has been working on getting a CableCARD device certified for years.





    easter cupcakes peeps. Pretty Peeps Cupcakes for
  • Pretty Peeps Cupcakes for



  • munkery
    May 3, 12:15 AM
    Yes, and that prevents AntiVirus 2010 from successfully collecting credit card info too.

    Check out this quote about the latest variant of that Windows malware called Antivirus 2011.

    You're blocked from executing anything else, including trying to run your real anti-virus program.

    This virus program renders your entire computer useless until you can get it removed. And some of its many variants are becoming immune to existing removal tools.

    From here, http://detnews.com/article/20110502/BIZ04/105020317/1013/rss12

    BTW, it renders Windows useless by corrupting the registry. No registry in OS X.

    Luckily, this type of malware on a Mac is not nearly as bad if your clumsy enough to get infected. You can even remove it from the account that is infected without having to boot into a safe mode.

    This post made me have to edit a previous post. Thought I should quote it,

    Problems with Windows security in comparison to Mac OS X presented just in this thread:

    1) Greater number of privilege escalation vulnerabilities:

    Here is a list of privilege escalation (UAC bypass) vulnerabilities just related to Stuxnet (win32k.sys) in Windows in 2011:

    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=win32k.sys+2011

    Here is a list of all of the privilege escalation vulnerabilities in Mac OS X in 2011:

    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=Mac+OS+X+privileges+2011

    2) Earlier versions of NT based Windows (Windows XP and earlier) do not use discretionary access controls by default.

    3) Permissions system does not include a user defined unique identifier (password) by default. More susceptible to user space exploitation leading to authentication stolen via spoofed prompt that appears unrelated to UAC because password not associated with authentication.

    4) Windows sandbox mechanism relies on inherited permissions so that turning off UAC turns off the sandbox. This sandbox has been defeated in the wild (in the last two pwn2owns).

    I do not know of any TrustedBSD MAC framework (BSD and Mac sandbox), AppArmor (openSUSE and Ubuntu), or SE Linux (Fedora) mandatory access control escapes? These sandbox mechanisms do not rely on inherited permissions.

    5) The Windows registry is a single point of failure that can be leveraged by malware.





    easter cupcakes peeps. easter cupcakes with peeps.
  • easter cupcakes with peeps.



  • flopticalcube
    Mar 13, 03:36 PM
    True, but the total deaths from Chernobyl are unknown. Many people dying in Russia, Norway and other affected countries from cancers or other conditions caused by the contamination aren't included in the totals.

    I would still place automobiles as at least an order of magnitude or two greater. No contest.





    easter cupcakes peeps. Easter Cupcakes
  • Easter Cupcakes



  • Photics
    Apr 9, 10:26 AM
    No amount of arguing is going to change this fundamental issue.

    One of the things I liked about the Nintendo 3DS was the thumbstick.

    A lack of a physical keyboard, and a better controller for games, can be an issue with the iPhone. It certainly was a design problem with BOT (http://photics.com/bot-game-design-and-progress-reports). I'm designing a game specifically with touch controls in mind. The original design had a flaw. A lot of the action would be covered by the player's hand.

    Yet, I don't think it's impossible to create great gaming experiences with just a touch screen. Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and Cut the Rope are excellent examples of touch-based gaming. I don't think that could be easily duplicated with a controller.

    What should Apple do about it?

    ...a slide-out controller?
    ...an Apple accessory?

    Doesn't Steve Jobs hate buttons? I thought I read that somewhere.





    easter cupcakes peeps. peeps easter bunny cupcakes
  • peeps easter bunny cupcakes



  • C N Reilly
    Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    I'm not worried about this. There's only two possibilities:

    1) AT&T is just assuming anyone who uses more than X amount of data must be tethering, and shooting out threats. In such a case, all you have to do is call them and tell them you stream a radio station all day. They take you off the "evil tetherer" list; end of problem. (I've already seen two people post elsewhere that this has worked for them.)

    2) There actually is something in the software/firmware that's enabling AT&T to tell who's tethering. In this case, the jailbreakers will just add some code to the next release to block or fool that bit of code. End of problem.

    All signs thus far point to (1) being the truth, btw.





    easter cupcakes peeps. easterview easter cupcake
  • easterview easter cupcake



  • Hawkeye411
    Mar 27, 06:56 PM
    This thread is full of win!! Thanks!! :D





    easter cupcakes peeps. easter cupcakes,
  • easter cupcakes,



  • TheSlush
    Oct 8, 11:11 AM
    Gartner's crazy.





    easter cupcakes peeps. Peeps an Easter icon in
  • Peeps an Easter icon in



  • Eso
    Mar 18, 09:53 AM
    Sir it is perfect.

    You are paying for the same thing.

    I have an unlimted plan

    and I never have gone over 5gb

    if one has a 2gb plan and never goes over and we both surf on the internet
    Tethering whats the difference?

    It's easy to make the argument unlimited data plans are priced according to an average amount of data that wireless devices use. The average amount of data used while tethering can be shown to be substantially higher, resulting in higher costs, and justifying a higher price. The key is that their argument may rest upon the price of providing unlimited data. You argument rests upon the amount of data used, however in either case (whether tethered or not) users can use an unlimited amount of data.





    easter cupcakes peeps. Peeps
  • Peeps



  • Icaras
    Apr 21, 04:50 AM
    No worries gwangung - anyone who admits to listening to Lil Wayne isn't worth your time lol

    I was thinking this as well :D





    Arcady
    May 2, 09:32 AM
    Any software for a Mac that says "MAC" in the title or in any documentation would already be suspect to me. Pretty much every person I have run across that thinks it is spelled in all caps as "MAC" has been a moron.





    dante@sisna.com
    Sep 12, 06:23 PM
    You do realize that we live in a capitalist culture right, one of the greatest consumerist cultures to have ever existed on this planet. Do you honestly believe that purchased content, free of commercials, is going to work? It was all fine and dandy when it was Apple stopping file sharing but when it's Apple honing in on the terrain of a multi-billion dollar advertising system, they're going to face significantly more resistance. And that's why cable and satellite television aren't going away anytime soon. Either that, or you can expect to see commerials coming to your iTunes downloads in the future.

    Actually as a media advertising agency owner I can tell you that you've got it backwards. Cable and Satellite are all planning to go to a totally on-demand solution much like iTunes. Commercials and advertising will evolve, through viral marketing and embedded content, as it always has. The days of linear programming cut up with ads are nearing their end.





    Bill McEnaney
    Apr 25, 09:31 PM
    I certainly feel that most atheists are what I would call agnostic atheists. They lack belief in a god but leave the question of such a being existing either open and yet to be proved or unknowable and, therefore, pointless to contemplate. Only a so-called gnostic atheist would say they have seen sufficient evidence to convince them there is no god and I have not seen to many of them in my travels. It's more likely that they have yet to see sufficient evidence so, while they do not specifically believe in his existence, they cannot categorically deny it either. The blurry line between atheism and agnosticism is fairly crowded, I think.
    I probably have met too few atheists. Each of my philosophy professors at the State University of New York was an atheist. But only one seemed hostile to theism. Other atheists, J.L. Mackie and Roger Scruton, say, were made some excellent points in their books. Mackie even discovered a way to go through the horns of the Euthypro dilemma, a philosophical dilemma that you can sum up with a question: Is murder morally wrong because God says so, or does he say so because it's morally wrong? Unfortunately, I forget Mackie's reply. But I'm sue that had someone proved that God existed, Mackie would have become a theist just as Antony Flew did. I've spent years studying theism and too little time to studying atheism.





    JasperJanssen
    Apr 30, 03:41 AM
    That's been my observation in the business world as well. With projects often being Web-based now, Windows is becoming irrelevant. On one project with about twenty developers, systems architects and analysts, close to half were running Macbook Pros (no Windows installed) and doing very well. It's just not an issue for many office folks. Obviously there are some roles that still require Windows, but not as many as it used to be. The tech folks in particular seem to take great delight in moving to Macs. Times have changed.

    Don't forget the joys of Virtualisation, and especially virtualisation where just the contents of a window from a VM are ported to a window on the host OS.

    With macbook pros cheaply upgradable to 8 gigs and quad-core CPUs there's nothing stopping you from running all three major OSes simultaneously.





    leekohler
    Mar 11, 09:39 AM
    My cousin is in Japan visiting his wife's family. He says they're OK right now, but that could change.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment