narco
Aug 6, 09:06 PM
Hasta la Vista, Vista
classic!! I want to see a pic!
So do I. It should have a picture of the T-800 running Leopard next to it.
Fishes,
narco.
classic!! I want to see a pic!
So do I. It should have a picture of the T-800 running Leopard next to it.
Fishes,
narco.
Benguitar
Nov 24, 08:12 AM
Totally overkill for a pair of Oakley's, but hey, that's your choice. They're not our sunglasses.
I'm not rich, But I plan on getting another pair in the future, So when I'm carrying $400.00 worth of merchandise that can be fit into a water proof, shock proof, dust proof, etc case that only cost $40.00 I'm happy with it.
Sorry why do you need to keep then dry?! I'm sure they will get wet if you are a coast guard! and how much was that case?
Not saying that I need to keep them dry, But mainly for shock, drop, dirt stuff.
I don't want to put $200-$400 dollars worth of sunglasses just "in my carryon or checked bag" knowing how things get handled in airports.
I'm also a guitarists, So, I tend to be a little on the protective side of things when I use cases. ;)
Case cost $40.00
I'm not rich, But I plan on getting another pair in the future, So when I'm carrying $400.00 worth of merchandise that can be fit into a water proof, shock proof, dust proof, etc case that only cost $40.00 I'm happy with it.
Sorry why do you need to keep then dry?! I'm sure they will get wet if you are a coast guard! and how much was that case?
Not saying that I need to keep them dry, But mainly for shock, drop, dirt stuff.
I don't want to put $200-$400 dollars worth of sunglasses just "in my carryon or checked bag" knowing how things get handled in airports.
I'm also a guitarists, So, I tend to be a little on the protective side of things when I use cases. ;)
Case cost $40.00
Willis
Aug 6, 09:08 PM
Haha, I love the digs at Vista. Vista's been getting so much bad press recently this is fantastic. They should simply have this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QdGt3ix2CQ) video on repeat on screens throughout the event!!
hahah i was just watching that. but it was the shorter version.
hahah i was just watching that. but it was the shorter version.
PNutts
Sep 11, 09:23 AM
I'm looking for a sturdy one so I can let the six year old play games. It needs to be something Indiana Jones could climb into and survive a nuclear blast.
Just to get anything I ordered a $1 US case from Hong Kong but I'll keep checking this thread. I put a $1 Hong Kong case on our work on-call iPhone4 until the free Belkin PixelSkin HD comes in. Better than nothing and not much worse than some other higher priced silicone cases.
Just to get anything I ordered a $1 US case from Hong Kong but I'll keep checking this thread. I put a $1 Hong Kong case on our work on-call iPhone4 until the free Belkin PixelSkin HD comes in. Better than nothing and not much worse than some other higher priced silicone cases.
critter13
Mar 25, 05:01 PM
I think this is a glimpse of what will be achievable with AirPlay technology. visible controls on the device, and maps like in this case, with the gameplay pushed to big screen thru :apple:tv2
cbrain
Jan 12, 12:12 PM
are you kidding me?
Macbook Air?
WORST NAME EVER
There's no way Apple would ever call something that.
I agree, I think it will be called the "AirBook".
Macbook Air?
WORST NAME EVER
There's no way Apple would ever call something that.
I agree, I think it will be called the "AirBook".
JGruber
May 2, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I've been using App Zapper, which is seems is basically the same thing. But I keep downloading the trial :) A free solution is nice.
I've been using this - AppCleaner (http://www.freemacsoft.net/)
I've been using this - AppCleaner (http://www.freemacsoft.net/)
liamkp
Sep 27, 07:58 PM
Does anybody have any idea when Switcheasy will release something for the 4G?
motulist
Aug 6, 10:44 PM
"You've come to the right platform."
- from WWDC Apple banner http://guides.macrumors.com/Image:Coveredbanners.jpg. Apple is really doing a full court press against Windows!
This era is either the beginning of the Mac gaining serious market share, or the moment history will view as proof that Apple cannot make major market gains no matter how hard they try. My bet is on the former.
- from WWDC Apple banner http://guides.macrumors.com/Image:Coveredbanners.jpg. Apple is really doing a full court press against Windows!
This era is either the beginning of the Mac gaining serious market share, or the moment history will view as proof that Apple cannot make major market gains no matter how hard they try. My bet is on the former.
razzmatazz
Aug 6, 10:51 PM
It's like hoping you get a red shiny new bike from santa on christmas morning!!
I really hope they come out with a phone. I don't care about anything else!:rolleyes:
How many people think that they actually will come out with a phone?:D
The only reason they would announce a phone at WWDC is if it had OS X on it. Otherwise you won't see it till MWSF
I really hope they come out with a phone. I don't care about anything else!:rolleyes:
How many people think that they actually will come out with a phone?:D
The only reason they would announce a phone at WWDC is if it had OS X on it. Otherwise you won't see it till MWSF
chrismacguy
Feb 26, 03:09 PM
Wrong. The earlier widescreen acrylic models are also called Cinema Displays :) @Lifeinhd is correct, the display shown in the previous post cannot be a first gen cinema display.
The rule is actually very simple as far as the LCD ones go:
LCD <20" = Studio Display (15" and 17")
Any LCD 20" or larger = Cinema Display (Watch the G4 Sawtooth intro on youtube, and you see the very first 22" DVI-D (Pre ADC) Cinema Display which was a BTO option on the 450 and 500Mhz PowerMac G4s in 1999. That was the first gen. The Aluminium ones are about the 4th I believe (22" DVI-D, 22" ADC, 20 and 23" ADC/Acryllic, then the 20" Aluminium ones).
The rule is actually very simple as far as the LCD ones go:
LCD <20" = Studio Display (15" and 17")
Any LCD 20" or larger = Cinema Display (Watch the G4 Sawtooth intro on youtube, and you see the very first 22" DVI-D (Pre ADC) Cinema Display which was a BTO option on the 450 and 500Mhz PowerMac G4s in 1999. That was the first gen. The Aluminium ones are about the 4th I believe (22" DVI-D, 22" ADC, 20 and 23" ADC/Acryllic, then the 20" Aluminium ones).
surroundfan
Sep 6, 09:19 AM
They are expensive, with a lack of hard disc capacity when compared against the new iMacs and existing PowerBooks ( which I'm sure are also about to go Dual Core 2.
The latest pathetic Mac Mini upgrade continues to highlight the idiocy of the decision to build a cheap 'switcher' computer using expensive notebook parts.
For the foreseeable future, compared to your cheap desktop from the purveyors of fine beige boxes, the Mac Mini will lack HDD space, CPU speed, expandability, decent optical drives, and the low, low price tag of the machines it is (supposed) to compete against...
(Yes, we understand why we should buy a Mac, but most folks are only interested in raw numbers. Remember this is theoretically supposed to be Apple's answer to the cheap crap piled high and sold cheap in the WalMarts and Harvey Normans of the world).
The latest pathetic Mac Mini upgrade continues to highlight the idiocy of the decision to build a cheap 'switcher' computer using expensive notebook parts.
For the foreseeable future, compared to your cheap desktop from the purveyors of fine beige boxes, the Mac Mini will lack HDD space, CPU speed, expandability, decent optical drives, and the low, low price tag of the machines it is (supposed) to compete against...
(Yes, we understand why we should buy a Mac, but most folks are only interested in raw numbers. Remember this is theoretically supposed to be Apple's answer to the cheap crap piled high and sold cheap in the WalMarts and Harvey Normans of the world).
rasmasyean
Mar 27, 08:46 AM
The AWACS involved are owned and operated by NATO. There may not even be US personnel on board.
Not according to this guy...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42285224#42285224
He even says that European Command is headed by a US Admiral.
There are rumours of UK and US special forces on the ground coordinating strikes as well.
I'm sure they've been "on the ground" even before the "no-fly zone". And most of them prolly speak the language and look like them. Especially if they plan to individually target forces that will open up an invasion of a town. They would need to gather personal intel with some of the rebel leaders and go out to scout and designate specific targets. Just if they die, they become one of the rebel casualties or something. That velcro patch with the US flag under it is just Hollywood BS. :p
Not according to this guy...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42285224#42285224
He even says that European Command is headed by a US Admiral.
There are rumours of UK and US special forces on the ground coordinating strikes as well.
I'm sure they've been "on the ground" even before the "no-fly zone". And most of them prolly speak the language and look like them. Especially if they plan to individually target forces that will open up an invasion of a town. They would need to gather personal intel with some of the rebel leaders and go out to scout and designate specific targets. Just if they die, they become one of the rebel casualties or something. That velcro patch with the US flag under it is just Hollywood BS. :p
AidenShaw
Aug 26, 11:19 PM
Wow, Aiden, you sound pretty confident about that. Do you know something that the rest of us don't? (It would make sense, however, to have a mid-range single Conroe-based desktop.)
It's not that I know anything - it's just that it's so bloody obvious that nothing in Apple's current lineup is even remotely suitable for a home theater PC....
However, a Conroe in a DVD-player sized case, with 2 or 3 500GB or 750GB drives, a couple of TV tuners (SD and HD), FrontRow on steroids - then you'd have something.
Take a peek at what available in Windows for the Home Theatre space - like: http://www.acedigitalhome.com/limited.htm
Conroes with quad TV tuners, RAID, touch-screen controls....
It's not that I know anything - it's just that it's so bloody obvious that nothing in Apple's current lineup is even remotely suitable for a home theater PC....
However, a Conroe in a DVD-player sized case, with 2 or 3 500GB or 750GB drives, a couple of TV tuners (SD and HD), FrontRow on steroids - then you'd have something.
Take a peek at what available in Windows for the Home Theatre space - like: http://www.acedigitalhome.com/limited.htm
Conroes with quad TV tuners, RAID, touch-screen controls....
Interstella5555
Mar 22, 11:29 AM
No- I'm saying this should not be allowed to screw up gay minors. Adults can do what they want to screw themselves up.
Word :-)
Word :-)
Zaty
Mar 20, 09:52 AM
If you want to compare Macs to PCs, you just can't take any PC being sold for $500. Like other people said, you get what you pay for. On the other hand, not every PC is a piece of crap (hardware wise). I bought a top of the line PII 450MHz in late 1998. It cost almost $2000 back then. But guess what, it's still running happily. The question is how long is the computer going to last? The more you pay, the longer your computer (Mac or PC) normally lasts. The good thing about Apple is that there is no $500 crap.
Object-X
Nov 28, 04:48 PM
PS, that isn't hard :rolleyes:
I just noticed that you are the same person I just (imho) shredded in two different posts above. Care to make a stand against anything I said as a direct response to your points? Or are you just gonna feed off someone else and reiterate yourself again?
I don't have time to answer your lengthy response point for point at the moment, maybe later tonight.
So, since my subjective opinion means nothing to you, I offer the following reveiw for your consideration from AnandTech. They compare the Apple and Dell 20" monitors. The link is the last page which has the conclusions, you can read the whole thing if you like.
The short of it is, in their technical opinion the Dell is better than the Apple. What's that? A "consumer" monitor is better than a "pro" monitor? Say it ain't so.
http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400&p=11
So, I'll stick to my guns and say the Apple 20" monitor isn't worth the price they are asking, and they are keeping it high it to encourage iMac purchases over a mini/cinema combo. It's only an opinion. I don't mean to come off like I know more than I do. My opinion is based only on my experiance with both monitors and my own decison making process based on price and budget. Since we can't see the actual sales numbers there is no way to prove/disprove anything.
Oh, and the Dell was purchased for me by my work, the Apple by me for my home.
And just a funny aside. The Dell was stolen a few months ago by theives who broke into our offices. They took our Dell monitors and a Dell Precision workstation but left my $2000 Powermac G5 the Dell monitor was plugged into. Go figure. :rolleyes:
I got a 23" cinema to replace the Dell.
I just noticed that you are the same person I just (imho) shredded in two different posts above. Care to make a stand against anything I said as a direct response to your points? Or are you just gonna feed off someone else and reiterate yourself again?
I don't have time to answer your lengthy response point for point at the moment, maybe later tonight.
So, since my subjective opinion means nothing to you, I offer the following reveiw for your consideration from AnandTech. They compare the Apple and Dell 20" monitors. The link is the last page which has the conclusions, you can read the whole thing if you like.
The short of it is, in their technical opinion the Dell is better than the Apple. What's that? A "consumer" monitor is better than a "pro" monitor? Say it ain't so.
http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400&p=11
So, I'll stick to my guns and say the Apple 20" monitor isn't worth the price they are asking, and they are keeping it high it to encourage iMac purchases over a mini/cinema combo. It's only an opinion. I don't mean to come off like I know more than I do. My opinion is based only on my experiance with both monitors and my own decison making process based on price and budget. Since we can't see the actual sales numbers there is no way to prove/disprove anything.
Oh, and the Dell was purchased for me by my work, the Apple by me for my home.
And just a funny aside. The Dell was stolen a few months ago by theives who broke into our offices. They took our Dell monitors and a Dell Precision workstation but left my $2000 Powermac G5 the Dell monitor was plugged into. Go figure. :rolleyes:
I got a 23" cinema to replace the Dell.
mc68k
Jan 7, 01:46 PM
my 2003 540i M Wagon. upgraded w afe intake and remus exhaust. custom catback piping + resonator delete. stock 290HP/320torque :) 92K miles. next mod is prob full aluminum radiator + electric fan. i heard the cooling system starts degrading around 100K. got the water pump (replaced OEM plastic w metal impeller) and hoses done when i first bought it
took on a 3200mi road trip last year-- really fun on the highway and surprisingly gets good highway mileage
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2327/img0209ed.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/img0209ed.jpg/)
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7297/img0210uy.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/img0210uy.jpg/)
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5186/img0211g.th.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/img0211g.jpg/)
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/998/img0213gu.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/i/img0213gu.jpg/)
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1771/img0252vm.th.jpg (http://img819.imageshack.us/i/img0252vm.jpg/)
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9484/img0253sy.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/img0253sy.jpg/)
daily driver is a 97 lumina
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9144153/Photo%20Jan%2007%2C%2011%2043%2034%20AM.jpg
took on a 3200mi road trip last year-- really fun on the highway and surprisingly gets good highway mileage
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2327/img0209ed.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/img0209ed.jpg/)
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7297/img0210uy.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/img0210uy.jpg/)
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5186/img0211g.th.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/img0211g.jpg/)
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/998/img0213gu.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/i/img0213gu.jpg/)
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1771/img0252vm.th.jpg (http://img819.imageshack.us/i/img0252vm.jpg/)
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9484/img0253sy.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/img0253sy.jpg/)
daily driver is a 97 lumina
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9144153/Photo%20Jan%2007%2C%2011%2043%2034%20AM.jpg
Speczorz
Sep 28, 12:56 AM
Is the screen protector a fingerprint/oil magnet?
Not from what I can tell, I never used it as it was junk and wouldn't really apply correctly.
Bill
Not from what I can tell, I never used it as it was junk and wouldn't really apply correctly.
Bill
bigmc6000
Jul 18, 12:13 PM
Over at AI one user made a good point about how WWDC in '04 Steve spent quite a bit of time talking about iPod and iTMS - user guessimates around 25%. So I guess that kinda beats down the argument that WWDC has always been "Mac" only...
relimw
Sep 6, 09:13 AM
A thread on the new mac mini where everybody is bitching about the MacBook and the new iMac G5. :confused: :rolleyes:
As a side note, I think I'll buy a new mini now...
LOL, you're right, we did sort of stray off topic there. :)
As a side note, I think I'll buy a new mini now...
LOL, you're right, we did sort of stray off topic there. :)
hobbyrennfahrer
Jan 9, 08:23 AM
some better pics of my 135i...
http://www.abload.de/img/user5837_pic771_126142dmhc.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/user5837_pic772_126142em6p.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/user5837_pic3490_127268ms8.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/user5837_pic3492_127265m9o.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/user5837_pic771_126142dmhc.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/user5837_pic772_126142em6p.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/user5837_pic3490_127268ms8.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/user5837_pic3492_127265m9o.jpg
Small White Car
Apr 12, 09:34 PM
People detection or NSA spoofer code. People should have the right to turn this stuff off. Hope FCP doesn't impose it without an option to disable.
I like that you're paranoid enough to think the NSA has inserted spyware into Final Cut Pro but not paranoid enough to think that they'd just ignore an 'off switch' in the program. ;)
I like that you're paranoid enough to think the NSA has inserted spyware into Final Cut Pro but not paranoid enough to think that they'd just ignore an 'off switch' in the program. ;)
pagansoul
Sep 7, 12:51 PM
I'm a collector and I love movies. I can watch something I like 5 times a year and not get tired of it. I must note that my favorite genre is Science Fiction. My DVD collection is in the thousands. I do not watch TV because I can not stand commercials but I have several sets of shows, past and current. I also have about 400 CDs. I have purchased about 10 songs off iTunes but I tend to get the CD if I find I really like the sound. With only 2 of the songs did I decide not to purchase the CD.
Now, iTunes Movie store. For myself I don't see much use. I have downloaded for free some short films that I play on my PSP and keep on my computer. I have ripped (off a DVD) a total of 6 movies (2 are Music Video DVDs) to my iMac just to see how long it would take and the quality. Since I believe I have just about every 'public domain' b-movie made on DVD already and just about everything I want that comes on a DVD I'm not the type of person Apple is gunning for. Right now there are people using P2P for downloading movies that actually think what they are doing is legal. They pay a few bucks to some site that's based in some other country that has different laws. It's these people that iTunes wants and they will pay a few dollars to get a downloaded movie off a creditable site. All iTunes needs to do is offer what those other sites do (a bit more, since it is legal) same speed and as good or better quality.
Side note: If Sony would drop their price for UMDs to a more reasonable price like $5 then I would not need to make my own movie copies to load on my card. All they do is put the full lengh movie on a mini DVD, why charge $25 when a full size DVD is half the price and contains extras. Sorry for the side rant.
Now, iTunes Movie store. For myself I don't see much use. I have downloaded for free some short films that I play on my PSP and keep on my computer. I have ripped (off a DVD) a total of 6 movies (2 are Music Video DVDs) to my iMac just to see how long it would take and the quality. Since I believe I have just about every 'public domain' b-movie made on DVD already and just about everything I want that comes on a DVD I'm not the type of person Apple is gunning for. Right now there are people using P2P for downloading movies that actually think what they are doing is legal. They pay a few bucks to some site that's based in some other country that has different laws. It's these people that iTunes wants and they will pay a few dollars to get a downloaded movie off a creditable site. All iTunes needs to do is offer what those other sites do (a bit more, since it is legal) same speed and as good or better quality.
Side note: If Sony would drop their price for UMDs to a more reasonable price like $5 then I would not need to make my own movie copies to load on my card. All they do is put the full lengh movie on a mini DVD, why charge $25 when a full size DVD is half the price and contains extras. Sorry for the side rant.
No comments:
Post a Comment