prady16
Aug 28, 03:37 PM
The new MBPs will be announced on 6th with the free 2-3 day shipping, so MBPs would arrive sooner than the PCs inspite of announcing a week later!
cube
Apr 23, 01:47 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?

them on Kim Kardashian#39;s

Without a splash of pink, Kim

fake louboutin shoes for sale

white maryjanes nursing shoes

Pre-Fall Private Sale – Save

Kim Kardashian launches

Kim Kardashian

Want Kim#39;s look?

KIM KARDASHIAN** 8X10 COLOR

Kim Kardashian in Herve Leger

Kim+kardashian+shoes+

kim kardashian shoes. kim

Kim+kardashian+gym+shoes

quot;kim kardashian shoes for

Kim Kardashian#39;s Look for Less

Kim Kardashian

The Hem size is without shoes.
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?

hulugu
Apr 18, 12:52 PM
That's incredible! How can that be the case? Here it is 28 days paid days off if you work a normal 5 day week.
Because we're a free people, unlike you socialists. We can choose to work longer hours for less money and no vacation, our jobs hanging on by the mercurial temperament of our betters. We prefer to work two jobs to make enough to keep the kids in diapers, driving two hours through traffic across crumbling infrastructure, and goddamn it if someone were to give us paternity leave.
Because we're a free people.
Because we're a free people, unlike you socialists. We can choose to work longer hours for less money and no vacation, our jobs hanging on by the mercurial temperament of our betters. We prefer to work two jobs to make enough to keep the kids in diapers, driving two hours through traffic across crumbling infrastructure, and goddamn it if someone were to give us paternity leave.
Because we're a free people.
donlphi
Sep 16, 12:58 PM
I have to disagree on the price point.
For $1000 you can get a low level 17" iMac. Why would I want to pay that for a frikking phone?
$600 buys you a nice Mini with a dual core. Why pay that much for a phone?
The phone sweet spot is $299, with bluetooth, camera (optional), full pda capabilities, nice screen, voice command, 256 meg internal mem, 2-4 gig flash, new antenna design to pull in weak signals, open so that you can move it from carrier to carrier.
Something like that would sell like hot cakes. Not only that but it would beat a lot of the phones out there in price, usability, and coolness.
If you can connect a small but full sized bluetooth keyboard to it, I wouldn't mind haviing something that is ultra portable. It could even act like a phone, but I would like to see a smaller macbook available.
I know your dealing with screen real estate issues, but I wouldn't be using it to create movies for disney pixar.
For $1000 you can get a low level 17" iMac. Why would I want to pay that for a frikking phone?
$600 buys you a nice Mini with a dual core. Why pay that much for a phone?
The phone sweet spot is $299, with bluetooth, camera (optional), full pda capabilities, nice screen, voice command, 256 meg internal mem, 2-4 gig flash, new antenna design to pull in weak signals, open so that you can move it from carrier to carrier.
Something like that would sell like hot cakes. Not only that but it would beat a lot of the phones out there in price, usability, and coolness.
If you can connect a small but full sized bluetooth keyboard to it, I wouldn't mind haviing something that is ultra portable. It could even act like a phone, but I would like to see a smaller macbook available.
I know your dealing with screen real estate issues, but I wouldn't be using it to create movies for disney pixar.
cere
Apr 14, 12:20 PM
Might want to do a little research:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2380954,00.asp
Why? All that article says is manufacturers can add TB, not that the will.
Everyone was free to add Firewire too. Look how well that went over.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2380954,00.asp
Why? All that article says is manufacturers can add TB, not that the will.
Everyone was free to add Firewire too. Look how well that went over.
LarryC
Apr 22, 06:51 PM
AMD would be producing better CPU's via increased profits if Apple chose them over Intel from the start.
I always thought that if Apple ever went with something other than PPC that they would go with AMD. Better late than never.
I always thought that if Apple ever went with something other than PPC that they would go with AMD. Better late than never.
Willis
Sep 14, 07:40 PM
Photokina is a photo convention. Not a computer convention.
the 17" MBP was released at a Media event... why not an update at a Photo event...
This is Apple.. they dont follow rules
the 17" MBP was released at a Media event... why not an update at a Photo event...
This is Apple.. they dont follow rules
grum
Sep 12, 02:46 PM
As of now, If I rip my Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Album onto iTunes and put it in my iPOD, there are little gaps in between songs. If you listen to the album on CD, the tracks change, but there are no gaps, one song goes into the next.
The same could be said for other music, classical music that is multiple movements, but THROUGH composed might have track changes, but lead from one section to the next.
Kind of a small thing, but a good thing none the less.
Hooray!!!
Pretty big thing if you are into dance music/dj mixes that are seperated into tracks. There are suprisingly few mp3 players that will play them gapless
The same could be said for other music, classical music that is multiple movements, but THROUGH composed might have track changes, but lead from one section to the next.
Kind of a small thing, but a good thing none the less.
Hooray!!!
Pretty big thing if you are into dance music/dj mixes that are seperated into tracks. There are suprisingly few mp3 players that will play them gapless
sord
Sep 10, 09:11 PM
Well here at work I could replace 4 PC draughting workstations with a Conroe based system. We already have 23" monitors so we are not going to purchase iMacs, and while Mac Pro's are nice they are too expensive for us... A $1500 headless system would do wonders! (and yes the mini is too little).
If Apple cannot release such a system we will have to continue purchasing PCs... :(
Depending on the applications you are going to use, you could cluster some minis.
If Apple cannot release such a system we will have to continue purchasing PCs... :(
Depending on the applications you are going to use, you could cluster some minis.

ipoddin
Aug 31, 06:30 PM
Just guessing (obviously), but I just can't see where processor upgrades to MacBooks and/or Mini's and/or iMacs and/or MacBook Pros warrant a big ol' SF > London-streamed Stevenote.
Nah. This feels bigger. Smells more of an iPod/Movie Store announcement to me.
My crazy/he's hitting the rock again call of the day would be that on the 12th, Steve shocks the world with a redefinition of the whole mobile phone experience. Announcing the new iPod phone.
Where's my pipe?
You're probably right. An event isn't the place to only announce processor upgrades to the current line. Something bigger is to be announced and the processor upgrades thrown in for good measure!
Nah. This feels bigger. Smells more of an iPod/Movie Store announcement to me.
My crazy/he's hitting the rock again call of the day would be that on the 12th, Steve shocks the world with a redefinition of the whole mobile phone experience. Announcing the new iPod phone.
Where's my pipe?
You're probably right. An event isn't the place to only announce processor upgrades to the current line. Something bigger is to be announced and the processor upgrades thrown in for good measure!
powerbuddy
Sep 5, 01:52 PM
9.99? you can rent movies from Mlink or Cinemanow for 4.99 or DVR's from 3.99. Just stupid if we dont keep to buy and keep the movie for that price.
MattyMac
Sep 5, 11:57 AM
It's Showtime!
Wow...now I'm really excited:D
Wow...now I'm really excited:D
rxse7en
Jul 14, 10:37 AM
Please! Let the Merom be overclockable in the next MBP or at least make it a CPU-swappable socket! If not, I may consider just getting a new Mac Pro that will be. Would hate to spend $3k on a new 17" with a stagnant (yet potent) CPU when every other Mac system out there will be overclockable or swappable. Any thoughts?
B
B
milo
Mar 30, 12:34 PM
That's not true. I always find it annoying when I hear "THE App Store".
Which app store?
If that's not true, then where were you hearing the term "app store" used before apple trademarked it? No question there are multiple stores selling apps now, but if it was a generic term then there should be examples of use before the trademark filing. Example?
Which app store?
If that's not true, then where were you hearing the term "app store" used before apple trademarked it? No question there are multiple stores selling apps now, but if it was a generic term then there should be examples of use before the trademark filing. Example?
brad.c
Sep 12, 02:20 PM
I feel vindicated in my 60GB 5G purchase a few months back, particularly since I got it on sale. If I can upgrade the software, I'm all chuckles. Besides, I've almost never found the screen brightness an issue.
I do wish I could ultra-boost the audio on-board. Some of the video digitizations I have are too quiet.
I do wish I could ultra-boost the audio on-board. Some of the video digitizations I have are too quiet.
mrgreen4242
Sep 5, 02:57 PM
They already sell Showtime Shows on iTunes
Ya, but not movies. They get certain distrobution rights that may cover some kind of download service (they have PPV/VoD broadcast rights, for example). They may be able to get a decent library of downloadable movies for a price that works for Apple... the fact there are Showtime shows on iTunes certainly shows they are willing to work with the iTMS, and the OP may be on to something...
In any event, unless it's HD (720p is fine) I'm not interested. For that matter, when they give me Lost in HD (and a good way to get it to my TV) I'll check out the TV shows.
Ya, but not movies. They get certain distrobution rights that may cover some kind of download service (they have PPV/VoD broadcast rights, for example). They may be able to get a decent library of downloadable movies for a price that works for Apple... the fact there are Showtime shows on iTunes certainly shows they are willing to work with the iTMS, and the OP may be on to something...
In any event, unless it's HD (720p is fine) I'm not interested. For that matter, when they give me Lost in HD (and a good way to get it to my TV) I'll check out the TV shows.
rdowns
Apr 25, 08:57 AM
I was going to ask what the D stands for but I guess that's kind of obvious.
AppleScruff1
Apr 20, 01:06 PM
If Steve says it's good, then all will be forgiven.
Yvan256
Sep 10, 01:03 AM
That's right. But, with the plugins, it plays them just fine, so in theory it should be perfectly streamable, right?
I don't know where you got your plug-ins, but DivX under Quicktime freezes my whole computer for a few seconds when it loads the file.
Besides, forget DivX, especially with Apple devices. Rip your DVDs to H.264/AAC.
I don't know where you got your plug-ins, but DivX under Quicktime freezes my whole computer for a few seconds when it loads the file.
Besides, forget DivX, especially with Apple devices. Rip your DVDs to H.264/AAC.
LaMerVipere
Sep 12, 05:00 PM
Okay, so it appears that owners of 5th generation iPods (before the latest release) who update their iPod software to version 1.2 get a few cool features that come pre-loaded out of the box on the latest 5th generation iPods, but not all.
We get:
• Gapless playback
• Ability to adjust backlight brightness (I'm particularly excited about this, I've been wanting it for ages, I bet it increases battery battery life immensely with the brightness turned way down)
• When rapidly scrolling through ARTISTS we get overlayed alphabet letters which correspond to where we are on our list
• Ability to play games bought from iTunes
We don't get:
• New search function
** Video playback details yet to be determined
We get:
• Gapless playback
• Ability to adjust backlight brightness (I'm particularly excited about this, I've been wanting it for ages, I bet it increases battery battery life immensely with the brightness turned way down)
• When rapidly scrolling through ARTISTS we get overlayed alphabet letters which correspond to where we are on our list
• Ability to play games bought from iTunes
We don't get:
• New search function
** Video playback details yet to be determined
Piggie
Apr 16, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I said Thunderbolt would take over the world when I said that USB and Thunderbolt were complimentary. :rolleyes: Thunderbolt for high bandwidth, USB for low bandwidth.
Yeah, super complex high speed adapters that we've seen done time and time again in an affordable manner. :rolleyes:
Glad you're done arguing. Clearly you only had two points to try and refute and it would be embarrassing for you to just leave the rest of my previous post with no replies.
I suppose it depends on practicalities and average user needs.
We know, in general, these days especially, Apple is aiming at the large non techie market. This area I cannot really see benefiting from Thunderbolt.
Myself, I love the latest spec, and would be happy to have thunderbolt.
It all depends on prices, and need for the speed. If most devices for most people don't need the speed, then I guess it won't be fitted, and it will remain a high end niche system.
For me, sure yes, let's fit it on everything. I just doubt in reality it's going to happen, and if it does remain high end only then is there much point in fitting it to mass market devices for the average joe in the street?
Yeah, super complex high speed adapters that we've seen done time and time again in an affordable manner. :rolleyes:
Glad you're done arguing. Clearly you only had two points to try and refute and it would be embarrassing for you to just leave the rest of my previous post with no replies.
I suppose it depends on practicalities and average user needs.
We know, in general, these days especially, Apple is aiming at the large non techie market. This area I cannot really see benefiting from Thunderbolt.
Myself, I love the latest spec, and would be happy to have thunderbolt.
It all depends on prices, and need for the speed. If most devices for most people don't need the speed, then I guess it won't be fitted, and it will remain a high end niche system.
For me, sure yes, let's fit it on everything. I just doubt in reality it's going to happen, and if it does remain high end only then is there much point in fitting it to mass market devices for the average joe in the street?
rmhop81
Apr 22, 08:34 AM
If Pandora actually worked overseas...just like Hulu...
i'm sure you have an equivalent....
maybe you won't get this cloud service anyways....so what's your point in arguing? lol
i'm sure you have an equivalent....
maybe you won't get this cloud service anyways....so what's your point in arguing? lol
SMacDuff
Apr 25, 02:55 PM
That is exactly what I envision for the next Mac Book Pro. Take a MacBook Air make it just thick enough to handle an additional 2.5" Hard Drive, dedicated graphics, and a high performance processor. Ditch the optical drive, make SSD+HD the standard configuration.
This!
Please do not make a MBP line with carbon fiber (sooo 2008!). It looked ok then but now I'm just sick of it. I truly believe Apple has other plans for their Liquidmetal purchase, my guess is for future battery tech as described a few months ago. The optical drive is finished. All signs point to Apple getting rid of it and the sooner they do so, the better. The only foreseeable problem with the OP's suggestion is cost. Given the MB Air's price point, what happens to the prices in the MBP line?
This!
Please do not make a MBP line with carbon fiber (sooo 2008!). It looked ok then but now I'm just sick of it. I truly believe Apple has other plans for their Liquidmetal purchase, my guess is for future battery tech as described a few months ago. The optical drive is finished. All signs point to Apple getting rid of it and the sooner they do so, the better. The only foreseeable problem with the OP's suggestion is cost. Given the MB Air's price point, what happens to the prices in the MBP line?
notjustjay
Sep 19, 04:27 PM
He quoted that number on a 5M connection...is that what you have?
Pfff, who knows. The quality of our local DSL service has gone to crap lately. I would have thought in theory I should be getting 3M, but in reality, it's been pretty slow lately. It doesn't help that the DSL company I'm with now is one that I was dumped with because the one I had originally subscribed to went out of business. I would switch, but I'm not hearing very good things from neighbors with other companies...
But my point is that Steve talked about 30-minute downloads as if to say that this is what your average user can expect. Sure, some of you can do that. But those of us with crappy DSL/cable (or even.. gasp! dialup!) are not in a place yet where large movie downloads are convenient.
Pfff, who knows. The quality of our local DSL service has gone to crap lately. I would have thought in theory I should be getting 3M, but in reality, it's been pretty slow lately. It doesn't help that the DSL company I'm with now is one that I was dumped with because the one I had originally subscribed to went out of business. I would switch, but I'm not hearing very good things from neighbors with other companies...
But my point is that Steve talked about 30-minute downloads as if to say that this is what your average user can expect. Sure, some of you can do that. But those of us with crappy DSL/cable (or even.. gasp! dialup!) are not in a place yet where large movie downloads are convenient.
No comments:
Post a Comment