titans1127
Sep 28, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know if the Belkin Grip Vue or Griffin Reveal will fit with a skin on the back such as a Zagg or Bodyguardz or Wrapsol(Original Matte)?
Mikkel
Oct 23, 10:11 AM
I ordered a MBP 2.16GHz with 2gigs Ram last tuesday (17th october) and on apples "order status" it is estimated to be shipped on friday the 27th.. so I hope there an update during this week :D
Do you guys know how long it usually take ship a MBP? In the danish applestore it says 3 days :confused:
Do you guys know how long it usually take ship a MBP? In the danish applestore it says 3 days :confused:

mrblack927
Mar 31, 08:35 AM
About iCal....
I don't know... I kinda like it. I guess I don't really care either way. I mean really, what's the big difference? Just the leather-like pattern at the top? It's the same as address book (in Lion). They're designing them to match their iPad counterparts.
I don't know... I kinda like it. I guess I don't really care either way. I mean really, what's the big difference? Just the leather-like pattern at the top? It's the same as address book (in Lion). They're designing them to match their iPad counterparts.
Rodimus Prime
Apr 23, 02:19 AM
Using your example, couldn't they do that with the GPS tech in most fones today simply by saving your location info in a server side database? I wouldn't put anything pass these companies and govt today.
you can turn off the GPS in a phone and most people assume that when you do it stops tracking you yet as it already been shown it just starts storing info base the cell towers.
I just do not like the fact you can not opt out of it. It just feels wrong to me.
you can turn off the GPS in a phone and most people assume that when you do it stops tracking you yet as it already been shown it just starts storing info base the cell towers.
I just do not like the fact you can not opt out of it. It just feels wrong to me.
calcvita
May 3, 03:46 AM
apple needs to do something about this whole uninstallation process. apps like appcleaner exist and they do exist for a very good reason. if i uninstall an app, i want it to completely be gone.
and what if you have a corrupted .plist file which causes the application to misbehave? by simply drag & drop the app into the trashcan leaves its associated files untouched and re-installing the app won't fix the problem.
on many troubleshooting guides a very common suggestion is to remove the preference file, located in the user (in most cases) library folder, but in lion this folder is hidden and if you ask me, this will confuse newbies even more. i'm sure there will be comments like "but i don't have a library folder" and so on.
and what if you have a corrupted .plist file which causes the application to misbehave? by simply drag & drop the app into the trashcan leaves its associated files untouched and re-installing the app won't fix the problem.
on many troubleshooting guides a very common suggestion is to remove the preference file, located in the user (in most cases) library folder, but in lion this folder is hidden and if you ask me, this will confuse newbies even more. i'm sure there will be comments like "but i don't have a library folder" and so on.
Snowy_River
Nov 15, 07:08 PM
Im really looking forwards to this, if the 8-core 2.66 Macpro its going to cost just a little more than a quad 3ghz Macpro, im going to be buying as soon as it hits the website...
As a recent Mac switcher, coming straight in with a base spec macpro(4x2.66/4gb/1750gbHDD), im now happy to invest in a more powerful machine.
My only concern is the heat... my current Macpro runs 24/7 and 95% of the time is at full load across all 4 cores... and its still silent with temps never going over 52c... will these quad core chips run much hotter, meaning the front fans have to spin faster/noisier to keep the machine cool?
Given your current machine, you might consider just swapping in new CPUs. :)
As a recent Mac switcher, coming straight in with a base spec macpro(4x2.66/4gb/1750gbHDD), im now happy to invest in a more powerful machine.
My only concern is the heat... my current Macpro runs 24/7 and 95% of the time is at full load across all 4 cores... and its still silent with temps never going over 52c... will these quad core chips run much hotter, meaning the front fans have to spin faster/noisier to keep the machine cool?
Given your current machine, you might consider just swapping in new CPUs. :)
peterjhill
Sep 7, 11:48 AM
Quality is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important to me, than price.
There I said it!
When I see those delicious trailers, I cry for movies like that. Please God make it happen. 720p would be unbelievable, but I would believe it.
Why buy an HD DVD player when you can download the movies at 720P... That would be good enough for me... Of course it depends on how much compression they use to make the file size smaller.. Also, would I be able to stop and resume downloading of the files?
We will find out I guess.
There I said it!
When I see those delicious trailers, I cry for movies like that. Please God make it happen. 720p would be unbelievable, but I would believe it.
Why buy an HD DVD player when you can download the movies at 720P... That would be good enough for me... Of course it depends on how much compression they use to make the file size smaller.. Also, would I be able to stop and resume downloading of the files?
We will find out I guess.
jav6454
Mar 25, 03:36 PM
Can the new GPU even do 1080p?... apparently so
Lollypop
Aug 7, 04:48 AM
Not too brag or anything :D but it works out great for us in UK. Get in from work 5.30pm / open a beer / macrumors / keynote 6pm / tears of joy / rob bank 9pm / buy mac pro :D
South Africa here, leave work-> go to gym and work up a sweat -> macrumors -> have dinner during keynote -> go to bed and have sweet dreams about new iphone! :D :D Life is good! LOL
South Africa here, leave work-> go to gym and work up a sweat -> macrumors -> have dinner during keynote -> go to bed and have sweet dreams about new iphone! :D :D Life is good! LOL
applefanDrew
May 2, 09:02 PM
I like it, but right now there's 3 ways to install apps: App Store, download from internet and drag to applications folder, installer wizard (like MS Office). Also, the difference between the applications folder and LaunchPad will be confusing for most users. This whole thing needs to be unified. Either get rid of the Applications folder or get rid of LaunchPad.
Afaik, there is no apps folder on the dock by default in lion. Launchpad has taken it's place.
Afaik, there is no apps folder on the dock by default in lion. Launchpad has taken it's place.
kingtj
Jul 18, 01:19 PM
Ick! Absolutely not! Streaming video is unreliable and inconsistent. It may work well for shorter movies, where the computer can download enough of the movie ahead of time in the buffer to ride out any brief slowdowns or halts in traffic .... but there's little chance a 2 hour + movie would stream to you without any hiccups at all. I've got 6mbit DSL at home, and I run into these problems just because of other computers on my LAN trying to download updates or what-not while I'm watching a movie stream. It's got to be much worse for people with 1.5mbit DSL or even 3mbit, which are much more common.
Not only that, but where there's the ability to actually download content (protected or not), there's the possibility of it being saved permanently. Regardless of "legality" - I like leaving as many options open as possible. Projects like JHymn allowed removal of DRM on iTunes music ... so something similar could allow it for downloaded movies.
I'd rather them just be streamed if it is indeed going to be rentals.
Not only that, but where there's the ability to actually download content (protected or not), there's the possibility of it being saved permanently. Regardless of "legality" - I like leaving as many options open as possible. Projects like JHymn allowed removal of DRM on iTunes music ... so something similar could allow it for downloaded movies.
I'd rather them just be streamed if it is indeed going to be rentals.
bedifferent
Apr 2, 09:48 PM
I noticed that I had around 15.6gb on my 25gb partition just before installing the update. Afterward I have 17.32. It could be that some settings or cache or whatever in some places have been reset. I know that my Launchpad needs to have apps placed back into it, but that couldn't take up that much space(?). Could be something else I haven't seen yet.
All that I have on the Lion partition is the OS install. Even my Home directory is pointed to that on my Snow Leopard partition.
Do you have "local snapshots" on in "Time Machine"? If so, it creates a hidden folder of saved data, snapshots, and it fills up quickly. You can uncheck it, then delete the hidden folder (I think it was in my Home folder). Local snapshots is still a rough beta, they're fleshing it out still.
All that I have on the Lion partition is the OS install. Even my Home directory is pointed to that on my Snow Leopard partition.
Do you have "local snapshots" on in "Time Machine"? If so, it creates a hidden folder of saved data, snapshots, and it fills up quickly. You can uncheck it, then delete the hidden folder (I think it was in my Home folder). Local snapshots is still a rough beta, they're fleshing it out still.
4God
Aug 29, 03:32 PM
Well, may be off topic but the shipping times on the MacBooks has been inreasing on the Apple Store online U.S. since yesterday. They were at 3-5 business days yesterday and now they're all at 5-7. Could be something, could be nothing.
EDIT: Also, the 17" iMac was at 24 hrs and the 20" iMac was at 1-2 business days when I checked yesterday and now they are both at 1-2 business days.
EDIT: Also, the 17" iMac was at 24 hrs and the 20" iMac was at 1-2 business days when I checked yesterday and now they are both at 1-2 business days.
SciFrog
Mar 30, 08:58 AM
I decided I don't need to right now so it's back to bigadv units now.
Your PPD has improved a lot :eek:
Still no new Mac Pro announced...
On another note, I updated four computer to 10.6.3 that were running a3 and all of them resumed and finished. Can't wait for a3 bigadv.
Also rumors are all over the place for PPD on the new Nvidia GTX 480. Soem say 13k PPD, some say 29k...
Your PPD has improved a lot :eek:
Still no new Mac Pro announced...
On another note, I updated four computer to 10.6.3 that were running a3 and all of them resumed and finished. Can't wait for a3 bigadv.
Also rumors are all over the place for PPD on the new Nvidia GTX 480. Soem say 13k PPD, some say 29k...
Lord Blackadder
Mar 31, 03:28 PM
The American obsession with WWII simply isn't healthy.
Admittedly, the Brits aren't very good at letting it go either.
It's a fascinating subject, but also an unhealthy obsession for both nations. Also, the literature on the subject is bloated with bad research, crazed theories and revisionism.
Admittedly, the Brits aren't very good at letting it go either.
It's a fascinating subject, but also an unhealthy obsession for both nations. Also, the literature on the subject is bloated with bad research, crazed theories and revisionism.
Avatar74
May 2, 07:13 PM
I guess that's way easier than dragging it to the trash?
People may have already been over this, but dragging an app to the trash doesn't always clean up the mess it leaves. There are preferences files, cache and other things that may be sitting in the User or System libraries, and not in the "package" hidden behind the app icon.
People may have already been over this, but dragging an app to the trash doesn't always clean up the mess it leaves. There are preferences files, cache and other things that may be sitting in the User or System libraries, and not in the "package" hidden behind the app icon.
walleyealx
Oct 23, 05:18 PM
any chance you think they are gonna put the update the MB the same time they do the MBP's?
javabear90
Mar 18, 10:20 PM
hmmm...... this is a head scratcher....
Cat-toy
Sep 21, 07:34 AM
My only concern is that it’s not as snug top to bottom as it should be. Not so loose it’s going to slip out, but feels like there’s a little play in it when you push the power button off and on.
I have the dermaSHOT case too, and I too find the top button a little hard to press. Kinda like I have to feel around for the button.
I also have a $1 one from China, not as thick as the Incipio, but the buttons feel good
I have the dermaSHOT case too, and I too find the top button a little hard to press. Kinda like I have to feel around for the button.
I also have a $1 one from China, not as thick as the Incipio, but the buttons feel good
quagmire
Feb 22, 10:14 PM
I thought anything with a GVWR of over 10k lbs was exempt from those standards. I know they are exempt from CAFE fuel economy standards.
They are exempt from CAFE( since HD's are supposed to be work trucks and all), but they are required to meet the new diesel emissions laws.
They are exempt from CAFE( since HD's are supposed to be work trucks and all), but they are required to meet the new diesel emissions laws.
PaperQueen
Sep 14, 01:46 PM
Incipio is now shipping DermaSHOT cases
http://www.gadgetmac.com/news/2010/9/9/incipio-dermashot-case-for-ipod-touch-4g-now-available.html
Got mine today. Definitely the low profile look I wanted; feels and looks like black suede. Very attactive.
All openings clear the space they need to—camera lens, speaker, earphone jack, etc. The power and volume switches are covered by the usual raised “buttons.” The power button takes a little extra oomph to make work since the case fits a little less snug than the Incase I’m accustomed to from my previous iPod Touch. Not loose enough to be a problem...actually, “loose” overstates it a bit...just not as tight a fit as what I’m used to.
Will work for the time being, until something irresistible comes out.
Here’s what I ordered (http://53zt.sl.pt) (Incipio Dermashot for iPod Touch 4G)
Definitely think the included stand is a stroke of genius in its simple design (would have loved to have this on a couple of overseas flights the past two years, pre-iPad). Am still pondering the “do I or don’t I” question on a screen protector. Now that it’s glass, simple logic tells me it shouldn’t be necessary unless someone wants to begin scraping diamonds down the face....right?
http://www.gadgetmac.com/news/2010/9/9/incipio-dermashot-case-for-ipod-touch-4g-now-available.html
Got mine today. Definitely the low profile look I wanted; feels and looks like black suede. Very attactive.
All openings clear the space they need to—camera lens, speaker, earphone jack, etc. The power and volume switches are covered by the usual raised “buttons.” The power button takes a little extra oomph to make work since the case fits a little less snug than the Incase I’m accustomed to from my previous iPod Touch. Not loose enough to be a problem...actually, “loose” overstates it a bit...just not as tight a fit as what I’m used to.
Will work for the time being, until something irresistible comes out.
Here’s what I ordered (http://53zt.sl.pt) (Incipio Dermashot for iPod Touch 4G)
Definitely think the included stand is a stroke of genius in its simple design (would have loved to have this on a couple of overseas flights the past two years, pre-iPad). Am still pondering the “do I or don’t I” question on a screen protector. Now that it’s glass, simple logic tells me it shouldn’t be necessary unless someone wants to begin scraping diamonds down the face....right?
Charlie Sheen
Mar 24, 01:04 PM
next step amd cpus
kidwithdimples
Feb 20, 03:39 PM
Who's the gal? ;)
She looks like Mila Kunis.
She looks like Mila Kunis.
Lollypop
Jul 18, 01:45 AM
Lets see how they make this happen, movies are big downloads (or so im told :p ;) ) people wont like spending a lot of time downloading a file only for it to become completely useless a while later. But if it increases the content in the iTMS then so be it!
No comments:
Post a Comment