tomsk
Jan 12, 12:57 AM
Try this...
Jobs described the Apple TV as his 'hobby' - Not a clever choice of words at the time the analysts thought...
Now take the outgoing Mac Mini, repackage and upgrade, dice it up with the Airport Extreme (with built in bb modem this time - please), add a little Apple TV '2', leave on gas mark 7 for 2 hours...
Total over the 'air' internal network with media storage and streaming capability and it's time to enter the full-on home multimedia market. Plus as a little bonus, movie and tv show rentals - watchable on your mac, itouch, iphone etc...
Actually, what the hell... They make Back to my Mac actually work and let you watch them on the road too ;-)
:p
Jobs described the Apple TV as his 'hobby' - Not a clever choice of words at the time the analysts thought...
Now take the outgoing Mac Mini, repackage and upgrade, dice it up with the Airport Extreme (with built in bb modem this time - please), add a little Apple TV '2', leave on gas mark 7 for 2 hours...
Total over the 'air' internal network with media storage and streaming capability and it's time to enter the full-on home multimedia market. Plus as a little bonus, movie and tv show rentals - watchable on your mac, itouch, iphone etc...
Actually, what the hell... They make Back to my Mac actually work and let you watch them on the road too ;-)
:p
Chef Medeski
Jan 1, 07:58 PM
Pretty excited about this Stevenote.
* iTV
* Leopard
* iLife '07
The rumored stuff this year is all retarded. "Maybe we'll all get Apple phones!" And maybe I'll give a flying #$%^ at a rolling donut. I have a phone, and I spend approximately 3 minutes on it per month. My wife and I are thinking of going prepaid for this reason. The last thing I'm going to do is buy a danged smartphone.
Gah. It's all silly.
A phone is best used to make phone calls not for music. If you want to listen to music theres a nano... I dont like the idea of putting them together compromising each other.
Phone Compromises:
Worst reception or larger size due to the added multimedia.
Buttons are geared towards music instead of calls and stuff that is useful for making calls.
iPod Compromises:
Shorter battery life than iPod
No Line-out for superior audio quality.
Worst navigation for selecting songs.
I like a great phone and a great iPod. Not an alright phone and alright iPod in one place so I cant just carry one or the other.
* iTV
* Leopard
* iLife '07
The rumored stuff this year is all retarded. "Maybe we'll all get Apple phones!" And maybe I'll give a flying #$%^ at a rolling donut. I have a phone, and I spend approximately 3 minutes on it per month. My wife and I are thinking of going prepaid for this reason. The last thing I'm going to do is buy a danged smartphone.
Gah. It's all silly.
A phone is best used to make phone calls not for music. If you want to listen to music theres a nano... I dont like the idea of putting them together compromising each other.
Phone Compromises:
Worst reception or larger size due to the added multimedia.
Buttons are geared towards music instead of calls and stuff that is useful for making calls.
iPod Compromises:
Shorter battery life than iPod
No Line-out for superior audio quality.
Worst navigation for selecting songs.
I like a great phone and a great iPod. Not an alright phone and alright iPod in one place so I cant just carry one or the other.
lPHONE
Mar 19, 09:05 PM
Apple comes under fire because App Store is highly regulated and censored. This is the backlash and there's more to come. "If you reject this app, why didn't you reject this app?"- and this is nothing new to us...
But TWO is just using Apple as a pawn to mask the real issue here which is offensive content vs free speech. I have nothing against gays, but I will always side with free speech no matter how retarded or offensive it is.
It's one thing to give minorities rights and another to give them the key to the city. That's why you should sign this petition (http://www.change.org/petitions/truth-wins-out-stop-with-the-reverse-suppression-from-gays-4) instead of the one to ban apps. We have enough fascism and censorship in this country. It takes a really strong mentality to step away from your personal beliefs for the greater good of our country and uphold the constitution.
But TWO is just using Apple as a pawn to mask the real issue here which is offensive content vs free speech. I have nothing against gays, but I will always side with free speech no matter how retarded or offensive it is.
It's one thing to give minorities rights and another to give them the key to the city. That's why you should sign this petition (http://www.change.org/petitions/truth-wins-out-stop-with-the-reverse-suppression-from-gays-4) instead of the one to ban apps. We have enough fascism and censorship in this country. It takes a really strong mentality to step away from your personal beliefs for the greater good of our country and uphold the constitution.
mc68k
Nov 18, 06:38 PM
^yeah almost seems unfair to ppl that want to compete but dont have access to high end hardware. i guess if you look at it from an aggregate standpoint then low point crunchers make a bit of a diff.
the amount of power sucked from the wall per unit would be WAY less i would imagine. from an environmental standpoint it wouldnt make sense
the amount of power sucked from the wall per unit would be WAY less i would imagine. from an environmental standpoint it wouldnt make sense
dongmin
Aug 6, 11:41 PM
Hey, since we're all posting picts, a blast from the past:
http://www.macminute.com/images/db/tiger1
http://www.macminute.com/images/db/tiger2
http://www.macminute.com/images/db/tiger1
http://www.macminute.com/images/db/tiger2

extenet
Apr 1, 02:12 PM
About this Mac or System Profiler? Refreshed About this Mac was already present in DP1. Post some screenshots.
Whoops! You were right. I assumed that when you click on more info... from about this mac it took you to system profiler like in previous OS. Didn't notice this system information app in DP1, pretty sweet :)
Whoops! You were right. I assumed that when you click on more info... from about this mac it took you to system profiler like in previous OS. Didn't notice this system information app in DP1, pretty sweet :)
lordonuthin
Mar 22, 07:37 PM
Congrats to designed for reaching 1 million.
codymac
Apr 20, 01:42 PM
That's because you only have automatics to drive :p
Or has never driven a Lotus.
;)
But I'd guess that statement would come from someone who's only ever had rubbish cars or lives in a city where public transit is the more convenient option. Case in point:
No, my first car had a manual transmission (on the column). It was even worse, but that's mostly because the car was a 1965 model and had no air conditioning, no power steering, no power brakes, no power windows, torn-up seats, and oddly chewed through right rear tail light bulbs at a blistering pace. That was back in the days when driving was less of a headache than it is today (I was much younger), but even then I would still rather ride shotgun.
Or has never driven a Lotus.
;)
But I'd guess that statement would come from someone who's only ever had rubbish cars or lives in a city where public transit is the more convenient option. Case in point:
No, my first car had a manual transmission (on the column). It was even worse, but that's mostly because the car was a 1965 model and had no air conditioning, no power steering, no power brakes, no power windows, torn-up seats, and oddly chewed through right rear tail light bulbs at a blistering pace. That was back in the days when driving was less of a headache than it is today (I was much younger), but even then I would still rather ride shotgun.
MacSA
Aug 29, 08:55 AM
Pretty much in line with what I expected... probably just a simple processor update, everything else about them will stay the same.
razzmatazz
Aug 6, 09:53 PM
My cup runneth over with excitement.
Too bad I'll be in class all day tomorrow and won't get the minute by minute MR coverage...unless I bring my macbook to class with me. :D
haha! Yea I'm going to be glued to my Macbook watching the updates and jumping with excitement when something is announced :D
Then when the online video comes up on the apple website ill be watching it start to finish and nobody will be able to bother me lol :p
Too bad I'll be in class all day tomorrow and won't get the minute by minute MR coverage...unless I bring my macbook to class with me. :D
haha! Yea I'm going to be glued to my Macbook watching the updates and jumping with excitement when something is announced :D
Then when the online video comes up on the apple website ill be watching it start to finish and nobody will be able to bother me lol :p
Eraserhead
Jul 18, 06:35 AM
I dunno, I could work if they streamed it. Even if they did it so you waited 15 minutes so there was loads of streamed data on your computer first (so no awful pauses) I can see myself using it a lot for even �2. You could go round with a laptop (or an iPod with WiFi ;) ) and plug it into a TV and watch a film on it, it would be good.
LastZion
Dec 2, 10:51 AM
If iTV has some PVR functions in it, it is going to be tough to compete with. Very exciting
princealfie
Nov 30, 08:53 AM
Wonderful equals bad taste?
Isn't our country about the right to have bad taste?
Isn't our country about the right to have bad taste?
JRM PowerPod
Aug 7, 04:58 AM
I like the UK. B&O have their entire product range here, wheras they don't in Australia...
Their store in Melbourne CBD is pretty comprehensive, i don't know what they are missing but im pretty sure they could get it for you if you wanted it
Their store in Melbourne CBD is pretty comprehensive, i don't know what they are missing but im pretty sure they could get it for you if you wanted it
chuckles:)
Jan 12, 05:01 PM
Apple would never call a computer a "macbook air".
its a stupid name that says nothing about the product.
its a stupid name that says nothing about the product.
twoodcc
Dec 10, 04:45 AM
congrats to 6161 for 2 million points!

heehee
Nov 24, 03:11 PM
It's not really a purchase, but I'll be flying in a Falcon 7x to HK. That's how I roll. :p

Multimedia
Sep 6, 08:58 AM
Dude, the MBP was updated in late April of this year, why would you think it'll be updated four and a half months later??You are mistaken. MBP was introduced January 10. It will go all new design and Core 2 Duo next Tuesday for sure.
thejadedmonkey
Aug 7, 07:07 AM
-Soltaire game as a dashboard widget
Yes! Take Solitare, the number 1 Windows game, and make it even easier to keep hidden when your boss walks by!:D
Yes! Take Solitare, the number 1 Windows game, and make it even easier to keep hidden when your boss walks by!:D
cozmot
Apr 26, 05:15 AM
Would feel the same way if it was Google or Microsoft or any other company?
Um, yes. My credit card companies have a real good idea of where I've been. Google stores my search data. My ISP knows where I go on the Net. But if the FBI is listening in on my phone conversations or reading my emails -- as they are known to have done *even* when a citizen is not a suspect in any scheme -- I have a problem with that. The Patriot Act is the real threat to our privacy.
Um, yes. My credit card companies have a real good idea of where I've been. Google stores my search data. My ISP knows where I go on the Net. But if the FBI is listening in on my phone conversations or reading my emails -- as they are known to have done *even* when a citizen is not a suspect in any scheme -- I have a problem with that. The Patriot Act is the real threat to our privacy.
Spoony
Apr 26, 02:23 PM
This debate made me think of this. Now that I've thought about it more this is actually really interesting. Reminds me of Kleenex, or Xerox. Name becomes famous with what it does and becomes generic. I know this is different but made me think of it.
Once trademarked generic words include:
zipper
laundromat
escalator
Asprin
Heroin
yo-yo
Thermos
etc... goes on and on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genericized_trademark
Once trademarked generic words include:
zipper
laundromat
escalator
Asprin
Heroin
yo-yo
Thermos
etc... goes on and on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genericized_trademark
kelving525
Oct 13, 09:24 PM
I just received the Belkin Grip Vue (Tint) from belkin.com. It's structurally exactly the same as the Grip Vue cases from Best Buy, without the extremely bright and obnoxious colors. The (Tint) is translucent, so you can see your iPod logo thru the back. But it's slightly frosted on the inside, so you get NO watermarking, and it makes the back look really nice. I got the black one, which is basically a really dark smoke color. Really subtle and nice case.
One very noticeable improvement over the Best Buy Grip Vues is that the volume buttons are way easier to press. I have been using my Best Buy Grip Vue for a week, and the buttons have broken in a little and have become easier. But the buttons on the Grip Vue (Tint) right out of the box are easier to press. Maybe the clearer material is just inherently a little bit softer.
One very noticeable improvement over the Best Buy Grip Vues is that the volume buttons are way easier to press. I have been using my Best Buy Grip Vue for a week, and the buttons have broken in a little and have become easier. But the buttons on the Grip Vue (Tint) right out of the box are easier to press. Maybe the clearer material is just inherently a little bit softer.
mrkramer
Jan 13, 01:52 AM
this is crap,
no one in their right mind would make something with 0 ports, you have to at a bare minimum have an audio out.
I agree that it probably won't have no ports, I think it will at least have 1 USB and 1 Firewire, but other than that everything could be done wirelessly, and if Apple wants to make the notebook thinner than the ports are then they may use their patent for collapsible ports that they made a while back.
no one in their right mind would make something with 0 ports, you have to at a bare minimum have an audio out.
I agree that it probably won't have no ports, I think it will at least have 1 USB and 1 Firewire, but other than that everything could be done wirelessly, and if Apple wants to make the notebook thinner than the ports are then they may use their patent for collapsible ports that they made a while back.
JGowan
May 3, 01:32 AM
i think this is the wrong way to go!
Its pulling apart mac os into a waterd down version of itself they will continue to add this stuff untill there is no difference between ios and mac os!
What we'll be left with is a powerfull but waterd down mac ios/hybrid platform with downloads through the app store like the iphone and ipad killing the powerfull features we have but running on every apple device!
I personally think apple will kill the ability to download any content through safari in the future in mac os!
So all apps will be vetted by apple and all music/films we have to be made through itunes no popping on to amazon or whever to make a purchase through a browser on your imac or macbook!
I hate the direction this is going they are building a walled garden around mac os slowly and dont be supprised the ports start disapearing on the macbook soon for a 30pin dock!
Bad move apple!f u d !
Its pulling apart mac os into a waterd down version of itself they will continue to add this stuff untill there is no difference between ios and mac os!
What we'll be left with is a powerfull but waterd down mac ios/hybrid platform with downloads through the app store like the iphone and ipad killing the powerfull features we have but running on every apple device!
I personally think apple will kill the ability to download any content through safari in the future in mac os!
So all apps will be vetted by apple and all music/films we have to be made through itunes no popping on to amazon or whever to make a purchase through a browser on your imac or macbook!
I hate the direction this is going they are building a walled garden around mac os slowly and dont be supprised the ports start disapearing on the macbook soon for a 30pin dock!
Bad move apple!f u d !
No comments:
Post a Comment