zedsdead
Apr 12, 09:40 PM
Based on the name, this is obviously going to require heavy support from Quicktime X, which is not getting an update until Lion. Don't expect this before June.
SPUY767
Jul 18, 08:32 AM
Lets see how they make this happen, movies are big downloads (or so im told :p ;) ) people wont like spending a lot of time downloading a file only for it to become completely useless a while later. But if it increases the content in the iTMS then so be it!
A 3 Meg Connections is sufficient to stream Apple's HD trailers in 1080i. I really don't think that there would be a problem buffering a movie for ten minutes or so and then playing it all the way through, especially if they were 720p.
A 3 Meg Connections is sufficient to stream Apple's HD trailers in 1080i. I really don't think that there would be a problem buffering a movie for ten minutes or so and then playing it all the way through, especially if they were 720p.
appleguru1
Sep 14, 10:05 AM
...my iPhone 4 still gets the best reception of any phone I've ever owned, regardless of how I hold it or whether or not it has a case on it...
dongmin
Jan 11, 07:38 PM
AppleMatters believes a new MacBook - not MacBook Pro - will be announced at MWSF.
So this could be it, if true.
http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/the-definitive-matrix-of-macworld-08-predictions-and-rumors/
they also think the macbook's gonna have a super drive standard across the line, so they're obviously not talking about the same thing
So this could be it, if true.
http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/the-definitive-matrix-of-macworld-08-predictions-and-rumors/
they also think the macbook's gonna have a super drive standard across the line, so they're obviously not talking about the same thing
TuffLuffJimmy
Jun 24, 01:39 AM
damn Son, very nicely done!:cool:
That's a very old render. I doubt MacAllen made it. Plus, why would you want a transparent display on a desktop? I can almost understand it on a window, but on a desktop it just looks like ****.
That's a very old render. I doubt MacAllen made it. Plus, why would you want a transparent display on a desktop? I can almost understand it on a window, but on a desktop it just looks like ****.
lifeinhd
Feb 26, 11:52 AM
left to right:
20" Apple Cinema Display, 1st Gen.
I don't think that's a first-gen, mate. The first gens were acrylic:
http://webrevolutionary.com/price/img-large/apple-acrylic-20-cinema-display-lcd-monitor-flat-panel_250749624559.jpg
<Cool story>
Pic of my airplane setup (I was watching one of the Back to the Future movies):
LOVE those movies. I had the complete set on VHS, plus a fourth "behind-the-scenes" tape, but I lost the first one :(
Btw, it was a class trip at my Jewish school (hence the going out to dinner on Pico Blvd). The kosher food in LA is AMAZING!!
As good as NY?
http://www.porteschaikin.com/personal/macsetup.jpg
I have the same, uh, fan :p
20" Apple Cinema Display, 1st Gen.
I don't think that's a first-gen, mate. The first gens were acrylic:
http://webrevolutionary.com/price/img-large/apple-acrylic-20-cinema-display-lcd-monitor-flat-panel_250749624559.jpg
<Cool story>
Pic of my airplane setup (I was watching one of the Back to the Future movies):
LOVE those movies. I had the complete set on VHS, plus a fourth "behind-the-scenes" tape, but I lost the first one :(
Btw, it was a class trip at my Jewish school (hence the going out to dinner on Pico Blvd). The kosher food in LA is AMAZING!!
As good as NY?
http://www.porteschaikin.com/personal/macsetup.jpg
I have the same, uh, fan :p
redAPPLE
Nov 28, 10:14 AM
imo, like in sports, a loss is a loss.

Horrortaxi
Apr 27, 09:16 AM
you manage to be pedantic and mistaken at the same time
He's perfect for politics. Narrow-minded, wrong, and insistent--sounds like a politician to me. Maybe we should lay off him before we end up on some kind of government blacklist.
He's perfect for politics. Narrow-minded, wrong, and insistent--sounds like a politician to me. Maybe we should lay off him before we end up on some kind of government blacklist.

iSamurai
Apr 12, 10:21 PM
hmm... I've just edited a video for a uni project in After Effects... and having done another video in FCP before I thought these two programmes had similar interfaces though AE was much better though I do like FCP's automatic snapping when dragging video clips around.
As for this preview for the new FCPX, quite a few features I thought were great (especially audio clean up), but not so sure on the layout (similarity to iMovie) and compared to AE all the buttons and knobs are clearly allocated... But yeah I'm keen to give it a try.
As for this preview for the new FCPX, quite a few features I thought were great (especially audio clean up), but not so sure on the layout (similarity to iMovie) and compared to AE all the buttons and knobs are clearly allocated... But yeah I'm keen to give it a try.
calderone
Apr 3, 06:59 PM
^ I don't about you, guys, but is there a way to make the address bar auto-hide when in FS mode? Logically, you don't wanna see anything but page content when in FS mode, no?
How is this logical? Just because I am in FS doesn't mean I don't want the ability to easily change what I am looking at.
How is this logical? Just because I am in FS doesn't mean I don't want the ability to easily change what I am looking at.
firestarter
Apr 12, 09:34 PM
People detection or NSA spoofer code. People should have the right to turn this stuff off. Hope FCP doesn't impose it without an option to disable.
Tin foil hat feeling a bit tight this evening?
Tin foil hat feeling a bit tight this evening?
matticus008
Nov 27, 06:46 PM
If Apple can squeeze extra money out of some egotists who like to think of themselves as prosumers, fine, but the overwhelming majority of users aren't going to get anal about some supposed color-accuracy issues: they want a good-quality, good-looking reliable monitor and if Apple can't provide that at a decent price, Apple loses them to someone who can.
Certainly, but that's not the question. The question is, 'does Apple care?' And I think the answer is probably a resounding "no." If people don't care about sophistication and refinement, then all of the effort Apple puts into making its Cinema Displays is a waste on those customers--they'd never buy them anyway. Why go after customers whose only loyalty is to the best price? They're a finicky and transient group.
It's better to sell to a smaller market which will be loyal over time in Apple's view, and that's a perfectly legitimate strategy to have.
Certainly, but that's not the question. The question is, 'does Apple care?' And I think the answer is probably a resounding "no." If people don't care about sophistication and refinement, then all of the effort Apple puts into making its Cinema Displays is a waste on those customers--they'd never buy them anyway. Why go after customers whose only loyalty is to the best price? They're a finicky and transient group.
It's better to sell to a smaller market which will be loyal over time in Apple's view, and that's a perfectly legitimate strategy to have.
ThunderSkunk
Apr 3, 01:24 AM
hard to believe the same company signed off on the recent iphone ads. good grief....
Agreed. Those ads killed my ability to defend Apple fandom by saying the snooty arrogance is just some peoples baseless perception.
Embarrassing.
Agreed. Those ads killed my ability to defend Apple fandom by saying the snooty arrogance is just some peoples baseless perception.
Embarrassing.
Trauma1
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
The people who are truly concerned about their privacy, for whatever reason that may be, know that this issue pales in comparison to everything else.
BabyFaceMagee
Jan 13, 01:34 PM
Apple dosent registor domain names like that...
Apple doesn't purchase individual sites for its products. They put everything under the www.apple.com site. go try looking for www.macbook.com or www.powerbook.com and you'll see they just go to individual user's sites. So no MacbookAir.com site registered to Apple doesn't mean anything.
Apple doesn't purchase individual sites for its products. They put everything under the www.apple.com site. go try looking for www.macbook.com or www.powerbook.com and you'll see they just go to individual user's sites. So no MacbookAir.com site registered to Apple doesn't mean anything.
shawnce
Nov 16, 11:50 AM
Usually true, but with FB-DIMMs the 256MB and 512MB only use one of the onboard buffer channels (as in buffer channels on the module itself). Humm ... never ran across any documentation to that effect. You have an online reference? (I believe you, just like having reference information)
kelving525
Sep 30, 09:36 AM
I like the Grip Vue also, the one thing I don't like about this case is the little strip on the front that goes across (above) the docking port.
Mine (night sky) is a bit floppy there and feels like it could get worse with pulling the device in and out of pockets, backpacks, etc. I can see it tearing easily if snagged.
I understand that TPU is claimed to be quite durable and elastic, but I don't like being concerned about a $25 piece of formed plastic :(
I may return it just on this 'flaw.'
Crazy?
I know exactly how you feel! I thought it was going to break!
Mine (night sky) is a bit floppy there and feels like it could get worse with pulling the device in and out of pockets, backpacks, etc. I can see it tearing easily if snagged.
I understand that TPU is claimed to be quite durable and elastic, but I don't like being concerned about a $25 piece of formed plastic :(
I may return it just on this 'flaw.'
Crazy?
I know exactly how you feel! I thought it was going to break!

ldkaplan
Jan 2, 03:07 PM
You probably don't like penut butter cups either :-(
I have a treo 700p...I'd much rather have a mac version of some sort to keep my calendar, listen to music and take calls. A multi-tool might not be for everyone, but there are plenty of folks that would love it. And what if it had video chat as well?
I really like the iTV/iSight rumors. Someone needs to bring video chat for the home user to the mainstream. And if it's not dependent upon having a mac desktop (ie running some sort of light OS) then it would be a huge market hit, IMHO.
A phone is best used to make phone calls not for music. If you want to listen to music theres a nano... I dont like the idea of putting them together compromising each other.
Phone Compromises:
Worst reception or larger size due to the added multimedia.
Buttons are geared towards music instead of calls and stuff that is useful for making calls.
iPod Compromises:
Shorter battery life than iPod
No Line-out for superior audio quality.
Worst navigation for selecting songs.
I like a great phone and a great iPod. Not an alright phone and alright iPod in one place so I cant just carry one or the other.
I have a treo 700p...I'd much rather have a mac version of some sort to keep my calendar, listen to music and take calls. A multi-tool might not be for everyone, but there are plenty of folks that would love it. And what if it had video chat as well?
I really like the iTV/iSight rumors. Someone needs to bring video chat for the home user to the mainstream. And if it's not dependent upon having a mac desktop (ie running some sort of light OS) then it would be a huge market hit, IMHO.
A phone is best used to make phone calls not for music. If you want to listen to music theres a nano... I dont like the idea of putting them together compromising each other.
Phone Compromises:
Worst reception or larger size due to the added multimedia.
Buttons are geared towards music instead of calls and stuff that is useful for making calls.
iPod Compromises:
Shorter battery life than iPod
No Line-out for superior audio quality.
Worst navigation for selecting songs.
I like a great phone and a great iPod. Not an alright phone and alright iPod in one place so I cant just carry one or the other.
skunk
Mar 21, 02:52 PM
I hope so, but the next question is how long Libya will have multiple governments, and under what conditions the rebels recieve official international recognition.I don't think there will be any conditions: at some point, effective authority will simply be seen to reside with them, rather than Daffy the Duck, and at that point, they will become the de facto recognised representatives.
tvguru
Aug 7, 05:12 AM
US Store, 17" MBP (no taxes): AUD$3655
AU Store, 17" MBP (no GST): AUD$3999
CAN Store, 17" MBP (no taxes): AUD$3591
You have to add sales tax to the US and Canadian prices as they are not only aren't displayed in the price but the taxes differ from state to state/province to province. Aussie GST is quoted in the price and is that same across the country so a 17" MBP costs exactly the same in every state.
The difference is about $400 which is pretty big but we're not a big market, thus selling to us costs more as the size of the market can't make up for the increased cost of getting the products to us.
We also make more money, I remember a while ago doing a comparison between a waiter on Aussie award wages and US minimum wage in the purchase of an iBook. The US waiter would have to work ~2x as many hours as the aussie waiter to afford an iBook at our respective online Apple Stores.
Thanks for that, I forgot that the prices always tax included. This makes a lot more sense now.
Edit: Grammar
AU Store, 17" MBP (no GST): AUD$3999
CAN Store, 17" MBP (no taxes): AUD$3591
You have to add sales tax to the US and Canadian prices as they are not only aren't displayed in the price but the taxes differ from state to state/province to province. Aussie GST is quoted in the price and is that same across the country so a 17" MBP costs exactly the same in every state.
The difference is about $400 which is pretty big but we're not a big market, thus selling to us costs more as the size of the market can't make up for the increased cost of getting the products to us.
We also make more money, I remember a while ago doing a comparison between a waiter on Aussie award wages and US minimum wage in the purchase of an iBook. The US waiter would have to work ~2x as many hours as the aussie waiter to afford an iBook at our respective online Apple Stores.
Thanks for that, I forgot that the prices always tax included. This makes a lot more sense now.
Edit: Grammar
sunfast
Aug 24, 06:23 PM
One day I'll buy a mini - they look so sweet. And with a C2D they'll go sweet too!
Tones2
Mar 22, 03:44 PM
The chance that the iPod Classic is updated to 220GB is zero. Apple has no plans to ever update a hard drive based non-touch portable device (they would not waste their time), and they've shown even less interest in increasing the capacity of any device beyond even 64GB flash.
Tony
Tony
ncbill
Jan 11, 08:17 PM
13" screen means you can only shave about a pound off the Macbook's current weight - so a 4lb, not 3lb. notebook.
If the above is true, then I guess this is not a macbook lite, but a macbook pro lite, so I'd expect starting price of $1999.
If the above is true, then I guess this is not a macbook lite, but a macbook pro lite, so I'd expect starting price of $1999.
islanders
Jan 3, 10:43 PM
What's wrong with a MacBook and:
a) Pages
or
b) MS Word (yuck... but ymmv)
or
c) Framemaker in Boot Camp
?
Agreed, the world of word processing isn't overrun with great apps. Times change, and word processing just isn't sexy any more... even though there are plenty of theses and books and magazine articles still being written.
(I notice that MS are preparing to give away updates to Office 2007 - and Vista - to anyone that got Office pre-installed on their PC. Talk about abusing their monopoly... No struggling WP developer can hope to survive against those sort of tactics.)
With a bit of luck Pages 3.0 will be along next week. Hardly a keynote showstopper, but props to Apple for getting into that market at all. Pages is cute.
If you specifically need the long-doc and publishing features of Framemaker, then it's Windows time. Sad but true. Take it up with Adobe.
It�s going to be a difficult decision.
The MB only has a 13.2�� screen. I want that extra inch to the 14.1.
I don�t like the idea of running Windows through OSX and Bootcamp. When I should only need one OS to operate a word processor.
Word isn�t a good option for me.
I may just go with BootCamp, Windows, Adobe, but that means buying Windows, BootCamp, and I�m concerned about conflicts.
Thanks for the other tips for the word processors.
I�m going to wait and keep my options open, although I want something now.
a) Pages
or
b) MS Word (yuck... but ymmv)
or
c) Framemaker in Boot Camp
?
Agreed, the world of word processing isn't overrun with great apps. Times change, and word processing just isn't sexy any more... even though there are plenty of theses and books and magazine articles still being written.
(I notice that MS are preparing to give away updates to Office 2007 - and Vista - to anyone that got Office pre-installed on their PC. Talk about abusing their monopoly... No struggling WP developer can hope to survive against those sort of tactics.)
With a bit of luck Pages 3.0 will be along next week. Hardly a keynote showstopper, but props to Apple for getting into that market at all. Pages is cute.
If you specifically need the long-doc and publishing features of Framemaker, then it's Windows time. Sad but true. Take it up with Adobe.
It�s going to be a difficult decision.
The MB only has a 13.2�� screen. I want that extra inch to the 14.1.
I don�t like the idea of running Windows through OSX and Bootcamp. When I should only need one OS to operate a word processor.
Word isn�t a good option for me.
I may just go with BootCamp, Windows, Adobe, but that means buying Windows, BootCamp, and I�m concerned about conflicts.
Thanks for the other tips for the word processors.
I�m going to wait and keep my options open, although I want something now.
No comments:
Post a Comment