
twoodcc
Feb 9, 09:47 PM
Was crunching for another team before. The stats from Berkley show the aggregate as do some tools like the FAH Wudget.
oh ok, gotcha. congrats!
oh ok, gotcha. congrats!
Compile 'em all
Jan 6, 05:52 AM
11.05 New kernel for Mac OS X. Mac OS X high level subsystems built upon Windows. New operating system. "Mac OS W". Leopard is Mac OS W 11.0.
11.08 "Best of Apple, Best of Microsoft, everything will 'just work' from now on"
WTF!
11.08 "Best of Apple, Best of Microsoft, everything will 'just work' from now on"
WTF!

nimbuscloud
Jan 12, 03:11 PM
iTunes Rentals ... snatch them out of the thin air to your new AppleTV is much more logical.
No it's not. The AppleTV already has wireless capabilities. If iTunes Rentals is launched, it'd be common sense for it to also be able to be used wirelessly.
Think Different, sheesh.
:apple:
No it's not. The AppleTV already has wireless capabilities. If iTunes Rentals is launched, it'd be common sense for it to also be able to be used wirelessly.
Think Different, sheesh.
:apple:
JFreak
Jul 14, 03:41 AM
Wireless "N"? psh, I'm still using "B".
It would be nice - in theory - to have a hyper-fast wireless connection; however, what does it matter if my outside line stays at 2M/512k speed? The B-spec is perfectly fine for quite some time.
It would be nice - in theory - to have a hyper-fast wireless connection; however, what does it matter if my outside line stays at 2M/512k speed? The B-spec is perfectly fine for quite some time.
twoodcc
May 2, 08:21 PM
they're all used for DTP (AI, AP, QE, etc)
the older one (at home) needs to be paused anytime I need to do anything processor intensive (not the issue with the 09s) especially HB and the like.
The 08 wont make deadlines with the bidadv units (not after pausing it for hours at a time LOL) unfortunately, I am unable to select the number of processors it will use (like I use to <4>) so now I have to pause it.
It looks like people are aware of the user name issues over in the "F@H Widget needs testing" thread
LK
oh ok.
you know, if you use the console client, you can tell it how many cores to use - like smp 7 would only use 7, instead of 8. but i'm not sure if it would make the deadline with only 7. probably not with less than that though.
so with the 09's you can do other things while it's folding bigadv units and no problems?
the older one (at home) needs to be paused anytime I need to do anything processor intensive (not the issue with the 09s) especially HB and the like.
The 08 wont make deadlines with the bidadv units (not after pausing it for hours at a time LOL) unfortunately, I am unable to select the number of processors it will use (like I use to <4>) so now I have to pause it.
It looks like people are aware of the user name issues over in the "F@H Widget needs testing" thread
LK
oh ok.
you know, if you use the console client, you can tell it how many cores to use - like smp 7 would only use 7, instead of 8. but i'm not sure if it would make the deadline with only 7. probably not with less than that though.
so with the 09's you can do other things while it's folding bigadv units and no problems?
iJohnHenry
Mar 19, 02:42 PM
Absolutely. Bloody politicians... where's Wikileaks when you need it! :D
The public can be tough, so they require marination, before eating.
The public can be tough, so they require marination, before eating.

kfenerty
Aug 21, 01:43 AM
you might look knda retarded walking down the street with wirless headohnes people will think your nuts... and wouldnt the traditinal "iPod Headphones" fall out...:rolleyes:
JRM PowerPod
Aug 7, 03:23 AM
Those sound like very reasonable expectations to me, but Apple specializes in the unexpected! :cool:
hdmi monitors? i'm not completely savy in the technology but if they begin to use standards such as Blu-ray will dvi stand up
hdmi monitors? i'm not completely savy in the technology but if they begin to use standards such as Blu-ray will dvi stand up
Uragon
Apr 21, 12:10 PM
Apple hackers develop better jailbreaks now so they can keep up with the superior system Android has.
There's so much more one can do with Android.
After having every iPhone, I tried Android and I'm so amazed at their great capabilities.
Android is awesome.
That said my Iphone 4 is best as an iPod replacement.
I have the best of both worlds.
YOu sound like an advertiser for Acai Berries Diet.
There's so much more one can do with Android.
After having every iPhone, I tried Android and I'm so amazed at their great capabilities.
Android is awesome.
That said my Iphone 4 is best as an iPod replacement.
I have the best of both worlds.
YOu sound like an advertiser for Acai Berries Diet.

Bromac
Sep 27, 11:05 AM
I donot know what i can say
Get the 4. It's awsome!!!!!Everybody gets a cover for there iphone anyways. You will not be disappointed.
Get the 4. It's awsome!!!!!Everybody gets a cover for there iphone anyways. You will not be disappointed.
KnightWRX
May 2, 05:28 PM
iOS style multitasking features (benefits) are indeed in Lion.
Applications written for Lion can "suspend and resume" without having to "save and close" documents. The reason the little light below running apps on the Dock was removed is that "running" is now more of a decision between the App and OS -- not so much the user. (APP - "Am I idle right now? Can I resume from this point very quickly? If so, I'll just suspend myself till the user or an event wakes me back up. No need to burn RAM or CPU, the user won't even notice I'm not here.)
There is no reason with modern computer architecture for humans to do memory management by getting involved with which programs are actually physically in memory/active. We have 7200rpm SATA3 or SSD drives, multicore processors with Gigahertz speeds, and Gigabytes of RAM...
The way we interact with Multitasking in Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard is based on the hardware limitations imposed by 640K RAM, 4.7 Megahertz single core processor, and Floppy Disks. Apple took the first brave step away from that with iOS. It's good to see it moving forward in Lion.
So you're saying we should go back to Mac OS Classic cooperative multi-tasking ?
Hello ?
The 80s called, they want their computing paradigms back. Cooperative multi-tasking makes sense on ressource limited architectures. Even the iPhone/iPad like devices are far from "ressource limited". We had pre-emptive multi-tasking on much less capable devices (think 386s with 8 MB of RAM).
Applications written for Lion can "suspend and resume" without having to "save and close" documents. The reason the little light below running apps on the Dock was removed is that "running" is now more of a decision between the App and OS -- not so much the user. (APP - "Am I idle right now? Can I resume from this point very quickly? If so, I'll just suspend myself till the user or an event wakes me back up. No need to burn RAM or CPU, the user won't even notice I'm not here.)
There is no reason with modern computer architecture for humans to do memory management by getting involved with which programs are actually physically in memory/active. We have 7200rpm SATA3 or SSD drives, multicore processors with Gigahertz speeds, and Gigabytes of RAM...
The way we interact with Multitasking in Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard is based on the hardware limitations imposed by 640K RAM, 4.7 Megahertz single core processor, and Floppy Disks. Apple took the first brave step away from that with iOS. It's good to see it moving forward in Lion.
So you're saying we should go back to Mac OS Classic cooperative multi-tasking ?
Hello ?
The 80s called, they want their computing paradigms back. Cooperative multi-tasking makes sense on ressource limited architectures. Even the iPhone/iPad like devices are far from "ressource limited". We had pre-emptive multi-tasking on much less capable devices (think 386s with 8 MB of RAM).
timmyOtool
Apr 4, 04:04 PM
I think the cut throat P.C. market will implode on it's self sometime in the future and Apple should stay out of that market. With that said I do hope that Apple can improve the consumer line up. $800 for an emac would be good if it had better specs. All the ilife apps should run well on all macs period. A better adveritising stratigy wouldn't hurt either. Let people know about osx, after all that is their best product imho. Apple is not going to die, but there is always room for improvement.

pjgoel
Nov 29, 05:58 PM
With a hard disk in it. iTV will not require a computer - will give you internet access on your TV. Dock the iPod, and allow you to buy directly movies, songs & content. I.e. without streaming. Direct download through a Wifi intenet connection. Could even have the ability to stream from the internet - I.e. cable, etc.. coupled with a DVR for recording. Would be amazing if it could do all of the above.
milbournosphere
Jan 28, 03:28 PM
Here's my entry into this thread. This is my recently purchased WJ out in Death Valley for New Years. This was about 6 miles out on a backroad trail, just as we got to where we were going to pitch the tents. It was cold, but the hiking was great. It looks like a stock photo but I swear it's real :). It's an '04 HO V8 Limited, all the bells and whistles, basically stock. So far it's been great. Previous owner was a firefighter, and I think this is one of the few cars that can actually pull off the red.
sparksinspace
Sep 6, 11:23 AM
just bought a core solo mac mini a week ago.. kind of weird I did the same when the iBooks were moved go G4 a while back, a couple of weeks earlier I had bought a G3 model..
oh well.. it's still a great machine. with a bit more memory it'll do just fine as the build machine for our software.
oh well.. it's still a great machine. with a bit more memory it'll do just fine as the build machine for our software.
johnwiseman
Aug 25, 07:23 AM
Has Dell or any other PC manufacturer started shipping Merom notebooks or Conroe PC's?
evilgEEk
Sep 6, 01:03 PM
I've been waiting for this update for a few weeks now, need to get a new computer for the office. But now I'm really torn between the mini and the low end iMac.
Frankly I'm thinkin the iMac. :confused:
Frankly I'm thinkin the iMac. :confused:
DrEasy
Mar 23, 02:08 AM
With a bigger hard drive, it would be conceivable to think of the iPod classic as a portable hard drive that you could also use for Time Machine backups. I would have a greater incentive in backing up my files if I could use my iPod that is always nearby. It would back up my files as I'm recharging it.
Or look at it the other way: there's plenty of portable hard drives in the market, but how many of you carry one "just in case"? Whereas if the portable hard drive doubles up as a very competent MP3 player, you will always have it with you.
Now there should be some data protection scheme so that if someone steals your iPod they can't use all your data. Encryption + some kind of pairing with your machines should do the job.
I know I'd buy such a thing...
Or look at it the other way: there's plenty of portable hard drives in the market, but how many of you carry one "just in case"? Whereas if the portable hard drive doubles up as a very competent MP3 player, you will always have it with you.
Now there should be some data protection scheme so that if someone steals your iPod they can't use all your data. Encryption + some kind of pairing with your machines should do the job.
I know I'd buy such a thing...
Peterkro
Mar 22, 06:13 AM
U.S. F-15 crashes in Libya revolutionaries rescue aircrew.
(fuknukles shoot and injure six of the rescuers )
@skunk I finally worked it out "head for the hills".:)
(fuknukles shoot and injure six of the rescuers )
@skunk I finally worked it out "head for the hills".:)
TheBobcat
Nov 29, 03:32 PM
I don't know, I would have to think Apple has some ace up its sleeve with iTV, since streaming music and video to televisions really isn't all that new or interesting. Tivo does it, Xbox does it, Media Center PC's do it. Apple has to be bringing something pretty compelling and different to the table. I know that their software experience will be superior than to anything current, but I would hope that Apple can offer significantly more reason to buy one than what we've seen offered in the same sector.
leosaysfosho
Sep 27, 01:59 PM
so i saw griffin cases shown on the weekly ad, does anyone own them? If so, comments about it would be nice before purchasing!
PBF
Apr 1, 03:29 AM
Guess why they are the only two removable apps?
http://cl.ly/5gbA/img.png
http://cl.ly/5gbA/img.png
wvuwhat
Nov 26, 06:54 PM
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-8952306dt.jpg
Picked up a wireless sensor bar to go with the red Wii I bought the other day. I use eneloops, so I don't care that it eats batteries.
That said... I *DESPERATELY* need a new TV. My Wii is waaaay to blurry/dark on my old rear projection HDTV, even with component cables. I'm so used to playing games on my 1200p LCD, that the Wii was actually *difficult* to play.
I'm looking everywhere for a good 32" 1080p TV; figured being black friday I'd be able to find something for around $300. Doesn't seem to be the case at all, unless you're going with no-names.
I don't want to spend any more, because at that point I may as well just save up an buy a nice, big, 3D LEDTV when I move in May. Just want something "temporary".
UGH... Buying stuff starts a domino effect... :o
I'd go with the panasonic X2:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-L32X2-32-Inch-720p-HDTV/dp/B0039213XY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290819051&sr=8-1
You don't need anything more than 720p at 32"'s, unless you're looking into using it as a computer monitor as well. The reviews seem to be pretty good on these sets and it comes with an ipod dock. I've seen the Amazon price dip down to 330 or so in the past few weeks, so I'd keep an eye on it if you can wait.
If you've got concerns about buying a TV from Amazon, I'll throw a nod to their customer service and shipping. I've now ordered 3 tv's from them and have had nothing but pleasurable experiences, plus the no tax thing in most states is a good thing.
Picked up a wireless sensor bar to go with the red Wii I bought the other day. I use eneloops, so I don't care that it eats batteries.
That said... I *DESPERATELY* need a new TV. My Wii is waaaay to blurry/dark on my old rear projection HDTV, even with component cables. I'm so used to playing games on my 1200p LCD, that the Wii was actually *difficult* to play.
I'm looking everywhere for a good 32" 1080p TV; figured being black friday I'd be able to find something for around $300. Doesn't seem to be the case at all, unless you're going with no-names.
I don't want to spend any more, because at that point I may as well just save up an buy a nice, big, 3D LEDTV when I move in May. Just want something "temporary".
UGH... Buying stuff starts a domino effect... :o
I'd go with the panasonic X2:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-L32X2-32-Inch-720p-HDTV/dp/B0039213XY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290819051&sr=8-1
You don't need anything more than 720p at 32"'s, unless you're looking into using it as a computer monitor as well. The reviews seem to be pretty good on these sets and it comes with an ipod dock. I've seen the Amazon price dip down to 330 or so in the past few weeks, so I'd keep an eye on it if you can wait.
If you've got concerns about buying a TV from Amazon, I'll throw a nod to their customer service and shipping. I've now ordered 3 tv's from them and have had nothing but pleasurable experiences, plus the no tax thing in most states is a good thing.
iJohnHenry
Mar 19, 03:03 PM
is that why the war in afghanistan ended so successfully years ago? oh wait..... :p
Well, it is somewhat negated when you have a bordering country aiding and abetting the 'enemy'.
Well, it is somewhat negated when you have a bordering country aiding and abetting the 'enemy'.
No comments:
Post a Comment