twoodcc
Apr 16, 09:07 PM
congrats to SciFrog for 6 million points! (with MR team)
iSax1234
Mar 24, 11:59 AM
This is kinda funny actually.
"Our country wasn't founded on a "God" principle. well lets see
July 4, 1776:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
Creator.....not god then who was it? Those atoms that just happened to bond together gave us rights?
Oh and again.
"he separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them"
So you'll argue. Separation of Church & State.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Respecting: admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements
Congress shall make no law in favor of one religion, or prohibiting one. Lets see Christianity isn't the only belief system that frowns upon homosexuality so that kills your one religion statement.
Now to the app. I don't see how its offensive. Would an anti-smoker app be offensive? Diligent smokers sign a petition with a minority of iOS users because it discriminates again their lifestyle.
Apple holds the right to take it down, but I don't think it should have been.
No trying to substitute facts and history with your own beliefs. Homosexuality is not natural, there is no natural way for reproduction which is the whole purpose of sex or the "reproduction system" as it may be classified.
"Our country wasn't founded on a "God" principle. well lets see
July 4, 1776:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
Creator.....not god then who was it? Those atoms that just happened to bond together gave us rights?
Oh and again.
"he separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them"
So you'll argue. Separation of Church & State.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Respecting: admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements
Congress shall make no law in favor of one religion, or prohibiting one. Lets see Christianity isn't the only belief system that frowns upon homosexuality so that kills your one religion statement.
Now to the app. I don't see how its offensive. Would an anti-smoker app be offensive? Diligent smokers sign a petition with a minority of iOS users because it discriminates again their lifestyle.
Apple holds the right to take it down, but I don't think it should have been.
No trying to substitute facts and history with your own beliefs. Homosexuality is not natural, there is no natural way for reproduction which is the whole purpose of sex or the "reproduction system" as it may be classified.
63dot
Jan 5, 11:21 AM
To the BMW guys, how reliable is the E46 325i?
I have a chance to pick one up for a fairly low cost (Less than $6,000 canadian). It is pretty much mint and VERY well maintained.
Car has a bit higher miles (~125,000 miles/ 205,000km), but I am guessing well maintained they will last quite a while?
I really enjoyed my brothers E36, and I just got rid of my project cars so I figure this would be a nice change.
There isn't much out there after the legendary 2002 that has longevity attached to it. Speed, safety, handling, yes all of that, but I am with the rest of the crew on newer BMWs with miles on it.
It's a hard car to pass up if only performance and looks counted, but like Mercedes and Volvos after the 1970s and early 1980s in some cases, you are dealing with repairs all the time.
The last tough Mercedes may have been around 1980 and the Volvos kept up a long lasting car sometime later into that decade.
These days, outside of some 1990s Honda Accords/Civics, it's hard to bet on any car having an unusual amount of longevity attached to it. I wouldn't be surprised if newer Hondas are now built to crap out 10 to 15 years down the line but we won't know in another 10 to 15 years.
The best thing to do is to look at what 20 year old cars are out there. You can get a good deal on them, and they lasted that long for a reason. I am very skeptical of 1990s used cars since many makers went offshore for their production, as well as making things a lot cheaper on the inside and outside of the vehicle.
American cars, as we all know, were the first to build in obsolescence into its overall recipe. How many original late-1970s and later US cars are at shows that haven't had a ton of extra work done to them to simply make them run? Gone are the days of the '57 Chevy and '65 Mustang, many of which are still in shows and on the road.
I have a chance to pick one up for a fairly low cost (Less than $6,000 canadian). It is pretty much mint and VERY well maintained.
Car has a bit higher miles (~125,000 miles/ 205,000km), but I am guessing well maintained they will last quite a while?
I really enjoyed my brothers E36, and I just got rid of my project cars so I figure this would be a nice change.
There isn't much out there after the legendary 2002 that has longevity attached to it. Speed, safety, handling, yes all of that, but I am with the rest of the crew on newer BMWs with miles on it.
It's a hard car to pass up if only performance and looks counted, but like Mercedes and Volvos after the 1970s and early 1980s in some cases, you are dealing with repairs all the time.
The last tough Mercedes may have been around 1980 and the Volvos kept up a long lasting car sometime later into that decade.
These days, outside of some 1990s Honda Accords/Civics, it's hard to bet on any car having an unusual amount of longevity attached to it. I wouldn't be surprised if newer Hondas are now built to crap out 10 to 15 years down the line but we won't know in another 10 to 15 years.
The best thing to do is to look at what 20 year old cars are out there. You can get a good deal on them, and they lasted that long for a reason. I am very skeptical of 1990s used cars since many makers went offshore for their production, as well as making things a lot cheaper on the inside and outside of the vehicle.
American cars, as we all know, were the first to build in obsolescence into its overall recipe. How many original late-1970s and later US cars are at shows that haven't had a ton of extra work done to them to simply make them run? Gone are the days of the '57 Chevy and '65 Mustang, many of which are still in shows and on the road.
aibo82
May 2, 07:54 PM
Yes but are they bringing:
Ios to the mac
Mac to the ios
The wrong way around is going to kill power users and the openeness thats left of the mac os operating system do we really want a closed off mac os/ios hybrid?
Mac os should be advancing not getting waterd down with simple user toys! We are going to be paying more for less!
iPad Pro?
Macbook dead!
Ios to the mac
Mac to the ios
The wrong way around is going to kill power users and the openeness thats left of the mac os operating system do we really want a closed off mac os/ios hybrid?
Mac os should be advancing not getting waterd down with simple user toys! We are going to be paying more for less!
iPad Pro?
Macbook dead!
petteri
Aug 16, 02:48 PM
I may be talking out of my ass here, but my understanding is that Sirius works via satellites in geosynchronous orbit, which means they are way way up there, "locked in" above a specific spot on the ground (they zip around the Earth once every 24 hours, which keeps them above the equatorial spot that is also zipping around a full rotation in 24 hours).
Here is a map of the Sirius satellite orbits. You can get a signal pretty far south, at least as far as southern Mexico. But to conserve power, Sirius shuts the power down once the bird goes "below" the equator. XM does have a owership in WorldSpace which does broadcast around the globe through a network of various satellites.
http://www.mts.net/~jwt/sirius-xmorbitanim.gif
Here is a map of the Sirius satellite orbits. You can get a signal pretty far south, at least as far as southern Mexico. But to conserve power, Sirius shuts the power down once the bird goes "below" the equator. XM does have a owership in WorldSpace which does broadcast around the globe through a network of various satellites.
http://www.mts.net/~jwt/sirius-xmorbitanim.gif
milo
Aug 29, 09:15 AM
This is the lowest end machine Apple makes. Let's be realistic. This is a reasonable update for the base model. And it's probably being done in advance of a Core 2 Duo update to the iMac.
Compared to similarly priced PC's, $799 for a yonah duo 1.8 is pretty weak.
To be honest, I'd rather see the cheaper model drop in price (if not both) than a speed bump.
Compared to similarly priced PC's, $799 for a yonah duo 1.8 is pretty weak.
To be honest, I'd rather see the cheaper model drop in price (if not both) than a speed bump.
imac_japan
Mar 30, 07:24 AM
I have to say this, more upgradability would definitely be needed more than lowering prices (a student can get an eMac for 699). If the eMac was easily able to change CPU/GFX Card HD and CD drive, I would even consider buying one. The thing is, apple would have a good chance to make lots of money on after-market upgrades that they are missing.
How about three options....
1) I was thinking of a cut down emac style for the 1st time, Dad and Mums, Student, Low income buyers. (eg: basic cut down version)
2) An expandable machine based on the above design (eg: middle of the road - same chip as 3 but much lower specs)
3) Macs for the professionals...and 2nd or 3rd time computer buyers (eg: high spec/price - Higher spec chip than 2)
How about three options....
1) I was thinking of a cut down emac style for the 1st time, Dad and Mums, Student, Low income buyers. (eg: basic cut down version)
2) An expandable machine based on the above design (eg: middle of the road - same chip as 3 but much lower specs)
3) Macs for the professionals...and 2nd or 3rd time computer buyers (eg: high spec/price - Higher spec chip than 2)
Abyssgh0st
Nov 27, 07:09 PM
*CLIP*
Can't wait for it to get here!!!
Any reason why you didn't go with this case (Aside from the fact that it isn't shipping for another 2.5 weeks)?
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/want-a-slide-out-keyboard-for-your-iphone-4-youre-in-luck/10462
Can't wait for it to get here!!!
Any reason why you didn't go with this case (Aside from the fact that it isn't shipping for another 2.5 weeks)?
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/want-a-slide-out-keyboard-for-your-iphone-4-youre-in-luck/10462
isgoed
Aug 25, 03:02 PM
Ah.... this speculation really brings back the memories of PowerPC rumors. Like when everyone was speculating if we see 3 Ghz G5's. I thought the feeling would be gone now we have intel (and its roadmaps), but debating on wether we might see a Core 2 Duo line-up soon brings the excitement right back. Hope this time the rumors do come true. This eventhough I am completely not in the market for a new Mac (neither was I for a 3 Ghz PowerMac :p)
Exactly so. For everyone's reference, here's a current Intel price chart (per CPU in lots of 1000): http://spamreaper.org/frankie/macintel.html
It makes certain options quite clear. For example:

new york time square at night.

POLICE CAR ON TIMES SQUARE NEW

Times Square, New York City,

stock photo : New York City.Manhattan.Times Square at Night.

New York Times Square Night

Times Square at Night.

Times Square Lights At Night

new york times square at night. went to New York City with; went to New York City with. 840quadra. Apr 25, 03:42 PM. See, I have a very different opinion.

New York landmark Times Square

New York City. Times Square
Exactly so. For everyone's reference, here's a current Intel price chart (per CPU in lots of 1000): http://spamreaper.org/frankie/macintel.html
It makes certain options quite clear. For example:
Multimedia
Nov 22, 10:45 PM
Quad-core chips (and octo-core systems) are available now from the other top tier Intel vendors. Apple not included.Typical. Are they 2.33 and 2.66GHz models Aiden? Got links?
SideNote: The Madonna Concert in HD on NBC tonight is groundbreaking broadcast television. One of the most amazing telecasts I have ever seen-heard. I am a huge Madonna fan though. :D Tony Bennett's special last night also on NBC was an amazing HD composition as well.
SideNote: The Madonna Concert in HD on NBC tonight is groundbreaking broadcast television. One of the most amazing telecasts I have ever seen-heard. I am a huge Madonna fan though. :D Tony Bennett's special last night also on NBC was an amazing HD composition as well.
MacMan86
Apr 24, 09:19 AM
Judging from the the overwhelming majority of responses in regards to personal privacy violation these days, coming from the younger generations in regards to issues of this nature and typical replies such as.... Don't Care, I'm not doing anything wrong so I'm fine with that, Let them look, They are not violating you're rights, you have a Tinfoil Hat on! etc , etc, etc,
I would have to say that the Government is doing a fine job indoctrinating and spoon feeding everyone through mass media to the extent that we are actually breeding complacent spineless cowards that offer no resistance and have no independent thought process of their own!
In short...You are all good little sheep!
Why is it that no one offers any resistance these days? The problem and all of the problems this country currently faces is due to the fact that We The People no longer govern this country and protect our constitution & Bill Of Rights!
We hire and empower our elected officials to represent our voice and our best interest as a society yet these people take what they want, treat us the way they want, steal from us, lie to us, deceive us & left to their devices they will kill us all in the name of greed. And we just bend over and take it and thank them for it!
I Mean WTF already people? When is everybody going to learn that if everybody would just do their little part in society by being involved on the most very mundane level, we as a people and society would not be plagued with all of these current crisis that we are currently facing in this country!
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem! It's that simple!
Now c'mon Kids call me crazy and say I am wearing a Tin Foil Hat. Just Remember It will be my Generation that brings the fight, not yours!
Certainly a bit crazy, but regardless, a wholly disproportionate response to a simple file on a device which by all reports isn't being transmitted anywhere or being used for any purpose other than to the help the phone work a bit better. I think there are other areas where your passion could be better focussed
I would have to say that the Government is doing a fine job indoctrinating and spoon feeding everyone through mass media to the extent that we are actually breeding complacent spineless cowards that offer no resistance and have no independent thought process of their own!
In short...You are all good little sheep!
Why is it that no one offers any resistance these days? The problem and all of the problems this country currently faces is due to the fact that We The People no longer govern this country and protect our constitution & Bill Of Rights!
We hire and empower our elected officials to represent our voice and our best interest as a society yet these people take what they want, treat us the way they want, steal from us, lie to us, deceive us & left to their devices they will kill us all in the name of greed. And we just bend over and take it and thank them for it!
I Mean WTF already people? When is everybody going to learn that if everybody would just do their little part in society by being involved on the most very mundane level, we as a people and society would not be plagued with all of these current crisis that we are currently facing in this country!
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem! It's that simple!
Now c'mon Kids call me crazy and say I am wearing a Tin Foil Hat. Just Remember It will be my Generation that brings the fight, not yours!
Certainly a bit crazy, but regardless, a wholly disproportionate response to a simple file on a device which by all reports isn't being transmitted anywhere or being used for any purpose other than to the help the phone work a bit better. I think there are other areas where your passion could be better focussed
LKir
Jun 24, 05:29 AM
We hope, Jobs said - many different iOS products later this year...
jcricket
Aug 29, 11:14 AM
I really hope you are correct about FR2 in Leopard. However...
I do think you need a TV-card in the computer too. Given Apples philosophy about simplicity, I doubt they will have a stand alone TV-reciever. Furthermore, I just can't see Apple selling MP with a TV-card. So my guess is that they will make a dedicated computer. Still I am most likely wrong... as always...:p
My dream mini has a HD-DVD player, HDMI/DVI out, optical audio out (mainly important for those that want to connect to a surround sound receiver) and add some Netflix-like movie download subscription service added to iTunes. Put those together with space for a 3.5" hard drive and run Front Row 2.0 and I'd be psyched.
I really want the Mac Mini to be a basic TV hub device. It doesn't have to have a DVR, cable card slots or TV tuners built-in. Sure, if Apple could build an all-in-one box that's better than my HR10-250 (HD Tivo for DirecTV) or the upcoming Series 3 from Tivo that would be great. But for now I'd be happy with one box for TV watching (HR10-250) and one box for everything else (DVDs, music, movie downloading, casual web surfing).
I do think you need a TV-card in the computer too. Given Apples philosophy about simplicity, I doubt they will have a stand alone TV-reciever. Furthermore, I just can't see Apple selling MP with a TV-card. So my guess is that they will make a dedicated computer. Still I am most likely wrong... as always...:p
My dream mini has a HD-DVD player, HDMI/DVI out, optical audio out (mainly important for those that want to connect to a surround sound receiver) and add some Netflix-like movie download subscription service added to iTunes. Put those together with space for a 3.5" hard drive and run Front Row 2.0 and I'd be psyched.
I really want the Mac Mini to be a basic TV hub device. It doesn't have to have a DVR, cable card slots or TV tuners built-in. Sure, if Apple could build an all-in-one box that's better than my HR10-250 (HD Tivo for DirecTV) or the upcoming Series 3 from Tivo that would be great. But for now I'd be happy with one box for TV watching (HR10-250) and one box for everything else (DVDs, music, movie downloading, casual web surfing).
BlizzardBomb
Aug 29, 09:24 AM
Since we don't know the prices yet, my suggestion is that we don't touch the "jump to conclusions mat" just yet.
My take on this is that it's a great update! The performance of the base-model is more than doubled when you really think about it! Bring on the updates!
Most benchmarks show the difference between the 1.5 Ghz Solo and 1.66 Ghz Duo to be about 15% for single-core apps (games) and about 30% for dual-core aware apps. So not really more than 100% more performance.
My take on this is that it's a great update! The performance of the base-model is more than doubled when you really think about it! Bring on the updates!
Most benchmarks show the difference between the 1.5 Ghz Solo and 1.66 Ghz Duo to be about 15% for single-core apps (games) and about 30% for dual-core aware apps. So not really more than 100% more performance.
SciFrog
Jan 23, 08:42 AM
Our PPD has dropped 20%from the peak, I lost a big unit this week...
Can't wait for Gulftown and GPU3...
Can't wait for Gulftown and GPU3...
a104375
May 2, 04:41 PM
The bigger question is, should Apple dumb OS X Lion down to allow the iOS people to have an easier transition, just seems like it undermines the quality of the product especially for the people who already know and like OS X SL the way it is.
Perhaps when you first start up the computer they can have a "Do you want iOS mode or Fanboy mode?"
Perhaps when you first start up the computer they can have a "Do you want iOS mode or Fanboy mode?"
jfr001
Nov 29, 05:51 PM
D) Change the remote- no offense, but this remote needs a few more buttons, considering it may drive a media hub.
Well, then you don't understand Apple's magic. That's precisely where
they are good at: make complicated things simple.
It's like a Sony TV remote control compared to others : when you use it, you find everything else too much complicated...
Well, then you don't understand Apple's magic. That's precisely where
they are good at: make complicated things simple.
It's like a Sony TV remote control compared to others : when you use it, you find everything else too much complicated...
aaps59
Feb 7, 04:24 PM
2005 LR3 SE, mountain road in Northern New Hampshire
cube
Mar 24, 04:26 PM
Which is not even out yet. Brazos/Zacate and Ontario are the ones I'm referring. Let me edit that out.
Brazos is the platform. Zacate/Ontario are the chips. Bobcat is the core.
Brazos is the platform. Zacate/Ontario are the chips. Bobcat is the core.
chutch15
Sep 12, 03:12 PM
I just picked up the Belkin Grip Vue at BestBuy in Wilmington, DE. Very pleased.
MacPanda
Nov 29, 02:52 PM
i think you will be able to purchase stuff directly off itv and i am hoping you will be able to use some sort of wifi to sync it to the next generation ipod with wifi - i really want to be able to share songs between iPods and although the zune only lets you do it 3 times wifi needs to happen.
iTV has a small form factor and i hope they will keep it that way too - looks like a neat idea.
Peace - Anthony
iTV has a small form factor and i hope they will keep it that way too - looks like a neat idea.
Peace - Anthony
imac_japan
May 1, 08:04 AM
latin is dead ! Long live Apple
cityathrt
Sep 11, 11:02 PM
Gelaskins has just posted their iPt4 cases, unfortunately, they're not covering the bottom dock area and the top buttons area. :( Invisible shield here I come..
Bevz
Mar 25, 04:09 PM
This is exactly the kind of stuff I hoped they'd be doing with the TV output :)
One of the many reasons I bought an iPad 2... Which hopefully I'm picking up on Monday :) it's gonna be a good summer :)
One of the many reasons I bought an iPad 2... Which hopefully I'm picking up on Monday :) it's gonna be a good summer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment