
DNAppleGold
Apr 2, 08:48 PM
from someone who hates the new Iphone (a smug listing of features that most top smartphones have, I love this

MacSA
Aug 29, 11:21 AM
Apple's laptop sales have soared in the last 12 months or so, while desktop sales have seen quite a drop. A price cut to the Mini might go some way to rectifying that problem.
coumerelli
Aug 7, 12:08 AM
gosh! we're all like kiddies in a candy store. (oooh, and I love it!)
everyone thinks "this is the most anticipated ever!" - well, through as we all grapple and rip and tear at every little moral of rumor out there and pray that dear Santa (people still think it's 'Steve') Jobs will visit us, then, yeah, I guess it is. The fever before each WWDC and MWSF seems to feed on itself until *BAM* Steve struts on the stage at 10:00am Pacific Time. WOW! must sleep...must get to bed....must...get...slee......
I might just have to do a little "R & D" during the lunch hour here in St. Louie.;) :D :cool:
everyone thinks "this is the most anticipated ever!" - well, through as we all grapple and rip and tear at every little moral of rumor out there and pray that dear Santa (people still think it's 'Steve') Jobs will visit us, then, yeah, I guess it is. The fever before each WWDC and MWSF seems to feed on itself until *BAM* Steve struts on the stage at 10:00am Pacific Time. WOW! must sleep...must get to bed....must...get...slee......
I might just have to do a little "R & D" during the lunch hour here in St. Louie.;) :D :cool:

Eduardo1971
Apr 19, 11:12 AM
Finally! An iMac rumor!!!!
**Bump**
One can't never have enough iMac rumours! What a breath of fresh air.
Please, please, please let the refreshed iMac drop the May 3rd (I *highly* doubt any new iMac's will be released next week).
**Bump**
One can't never have enough iMac rumours! What a breath of fresh air.
Please, please, please let the refreshed iMac drop the May 3rd (I *highly* doubt any new iMac's will be released next week).
gmcalpin
Jun 22, 05:25 PM
but a replacement of keyboard and mice don't think so...
I didn't say anything about replacing a keyboard and/or mouse. I'm talking about supplementing it. (You could probably replace the mouse with it, though. Lots of people are familiar with trackpads and love them. Why not?)
I already have a Wacom Cintiq in front of my keyboard. That's where most people would keep something like this.
I didn't say anything about replacing a keyboard and/or mouse. I'm talking about supplementing it. (You could probably replace the mouse with it, though. Lots of people are familiar with trackpads and love them. Why not?)
I already have a Wacom Cintiq in front of my keyboard. That's where most people would keep something like this.

Daveway
Aug 7, 07:36 AM
[B]Leopard
-Native NTFS write
-Soltaire game as a dashboard widget
-PC-run Mac OS X, but only via virtualization
-Tabs in Finder and Safari be draggable, Dragon Drop style tabbed windows-like OS 9, and be easily recalled-bookmarks.
There will never be NTFS write abilities in Mac OS X for a long time as Microsoft still keeps NTFS writing a propritary technology only licensed for use in Windows XP.
-Native NTFS write
-Soltaire game as a dashboard widget
-PC-run Mac OS X, but only via virtualization
-Tabs in Finder and Safari be draggable, Dragon Drop style tabbed windows-like OS 9, and be easily recalled-bookmarks.
There will never be NTFS write abilities in Mac OS X for a long time as Microsoft still keeps NTFS writing a propritary technology only licensed for use in Windows XP.
twoodcc
Jan 29, 11:07 PM
congrats to rwh202 for 3 million points!
congrats to SteveMoody for 6 million points!
and i was able to hit 5 million points recently! even though my production is down slightly, while my last power bill was up ($190). so my production might go down a lil more
congrats to SteveMoody for 6 million points!
and i was able to hit 5 million points recently! even though my production is down slightly, while my last power bill was up ($190). so my production might go down a lil more
celebrian23
Jul 20, 11:17 AM
With NF you get three movies at a time, and you can get plans with more. It does require a little planning, but right now, the quantity of content you can get in a month for the price can't be beat. If you think it's so stupid, what do you propose as the smarter alternative?
For iTMS to beat it, it would have to match netflix's pricing as well, which would be $1 or less per rental. I don't see that happening. They'd also have to have better quality and include all DVD extras with all movies.
Until then, I'll happily stick with netflix.
I don't use netflix, but I think it's a great thing and itms isn't going to be able to overtake it. I'd take netflix over any computer movie rental service anyday
For iTMS to beat it, it would have to match netflix's pricing as well, which would be $1 or less per rental. I don't see that happening. They'd also have to have better quality and include all DVD extras with all movies.
Until then, I'll happily stick with netflix.
I don't use netflix, but I think it's a great thing and itms isn't going to be able to overtake it. I'd take netflix over any computer movie rental service anyday
islanders
Jan 4, 08:28 PM
Use Boot Camp and your Mac is a Windows PC, just like any other (although arguably nicer to look at ;) ). Any "conflicts" will be precisely the same conflicts that you'd get on a PC laptop.
BTW, right-clicking on an Apple notebook is now awesome! The "two-fingers on trackpad" click is great, and actually easier than having two buttons IMO.

paul vincent vin diesel

paul vincent vin diesel twin

vin diesel brother paul

paul vincent vin diesel twin

vin diesel brother paul

paul vincent vin diesel
BTW, right-clicking on an Apple notebook is now awesome! The "two-fingers on trackpad" click is great, and actually easier than having two buttons IMO.
DMann
Jan 11, 06:47 PM
I don't think we are even close in either of these threads. I suspect that 10.5.2 and/or the iPhone SDK are going to contain some huge surprises. Perhaps included in that are some of the Leopard "secret features" that were promised a year ago but took more time than expected.
Now, this would be fabulous!
Now, this would be fabulous!
ncbill
Jan 11, 08:17 PM
13" screen means you can only shave about a pound off the Macbook's current weight - so a 4lb, not 3lb. notebook.
If the above is true, then I guess this is not a macbook lite, but a macbook pro lite, so I'd expect starting price of $1999.
If the above is true, then I guess this is not a macbook lite, but a macbook pro lite, so I'd expect starting price of $1999.
kasei
Sep 6, 06:06 PM
High quality and the ability to burn them is at the top of my list. I would also like to see a reduction of time it takes for a movie to go from the big screen to my laptop screen.
If Apple and the Entertainment Indudstry are able to do that, they will have a hit on their hands.
If Apple and the Entertainment Indudstry are able to do that, they will have a hit on their hands.
rasmasyean
Mar 31, 12:52 PM
so now you're going to say the US lost WW1 and WW2? :p
Well regarding defeating the Nazi's and the Axis powers, one can credit the US to turning the tide. When the Nazis like practically conquered everyone in their path and are invading the UK, the Brits had to transfer a lot of technologies they made for the war to the US...where the US industrial might pretty much defined what we know today as "air dominance". Even though the Brits did make a lot of neat weapons (as traditional to their roots), the US was the one who turned those into massive amounts of airplanes, carriers, and sophisticated radars for killing Nazi and Japanese air planes and submarines.
So I mean, without the Brits, the US might not have been able to make all those toys so fast, but without the US, the Brits would have fell. But in retrospect, I feel that the Allies would have won anyway...just that it would have ended with many more atomic bombs dropped all over the place by the US.
Well regarding defeating the Nazi's and the Axis powers, one can credit the US to turning the tide. When the Nazis like practically conquered everyone in their path and are invading the UK, the Brits had to transfer a lot of technologies they made for the war to the US...where the US industrial might pretty much defined what we know today as "air dominance". Even though the Brits did make a lot of neat weapons (as traditional to their roots), the US was the one who turned those into massive amounts of airplanes, carriers, and sophisticated radars for killing Nazi and Japanese air planes and submarines.
So I mean, without the Brits, the US might not have been able to make all those toys so fast, but without the US, the Brits would have fell. But in retrospect, I feel that the Allies would have won anyway...just that it would have ended with many more atomic bombs dropped all over the place by the US.
gakh
Oct 23, 03:10 PM
Have they announced a mobile version of the Core 2 Quadro? I had thought that was only a desktop chip.
Not that I've read, but I don't see why there wouldn't be a notebook equivalent... some day.
Not that I've read, but I don't see why there wouldn't be a notebook equivalent... some day.

CIA
Apr 12, 08:16 PM
Appleinsider jumped the gun a few hours ago and posted a nice article about the "new" final cut 7. Complete with info on the FCS that has been out for 2 years.... lol

paul vincent vin diesel

Vin Diesel Mark Vincent (he

paul vincent vin diesel twin

paul vincent vin diesel twin

bmx433
Jan 12, 05:04 PM
just because they used Air in their banner doesn't mean its called MacBook Air.. Apple is not stupid.. its all about slim and light..
I'll be the one who'll tell you "I told you so" ;) .. enjoy the show!
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4732961&postcount=94
or this..
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4733969&postcount=100
:apple:MacBook Lite:apple:
Feb 2008
that's a good point. i don't remember if they use key words in their teases. what was the tease for the ipod touch? did it have one and if so, was the word "touch" ever mentioned?
I'll be the one who'll tell you "I told you so" ;) .. enjoy the show!
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4732961&postcount=94
or this..
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4733969&postcount=100
:apple:MacBook Lite:apple:
Feb 2008
that's a good point. i don't remember if they use key words in their teases. what was the tease for the ipod touch? did it have one and if so, was the word "touch" ever mentioned?
MacSA
Aug 29, 11:55 AM
I assume that was *before* the mac pro shipped? I'd expect dropping sales before that, but you're not saying they've continued to drop after the Pro release? And are you including iMacs as part of desktop machines?
ALL desktop machines......
Apple posted their 3rd Quarter 2006 financial results today.
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060719164004.shtml
Apple posted revenue of $4.37 billion and a net quarterly profit of $472 million or $.54 per diluted share. For reference, the year-ago quarter brought in $3.53 billion in revenue, net profit of $320 million or $.37 per diluted share.
Analysts expected Apple to earn 44 cents per share, on average, within a range of 40 cents to 49 cents, on revenue of $3.68 billion, according to Reuters Estimates.
Apple shipped 1,327,000 Macintosh computers and 8,111,000 iPods during this quarter which represents a 12% growth in Macs and 32% growth in iPods year-over-year.
- 75% of Macs sold during the quarter used Intel processors.
- 2nd highest quarterly sales and earnings in Apple's history
- International sales accounted for 39 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
- iPod continued to earn a US market share of over 75 percent
- Desktops: 529,000, down 14% from previous quarter
- Portables: 798,000, up 60% from previous quarter
- iPods: 8,526,000
ALL desktop machines......
Apple posted their 3rd Quarter 2006 financial results today.
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060719164004.shtml
Apple posted revenue of $4.37 billion and a net quarterly profit of $472 million or $.54 per diluted share. For reference, the year-ago quarter brought in $3.53 billion in revenue, net profit of $320 million or $.37 per diluted share.
Analysts expected Apple to earn 44 cents per share, on average, within a range of 40 cents to 49 cents, on revenue of $3.68 billion, according to Reuters Estimates.
Apple shipped 1,327,000 Macintosh computers and 8,111,000 iPods during this quarter which represents a 12% growth in Macs and 32% growth in iPods year-over-year.
- 75% of Macs sold during the quarter used Intel processors.
- 2nd highest quarterly sales and earnings in Apple's history
- International sales accounted for 39 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
- iPod continued to earn a US market share of over 75 percent
- Desktops: 529,000, down 14% from previous quarter
- Portables: 798,000, up 60% from previous quarter
- iPods: 8,526,000

dmelgar
Apr 19, 11:09 AM
Does this mean a Mini update is right behind it?
iJawn108
Sep 1, 12:54 PM
20 is fine, just make it higher res.
Eolian
Mar 23, 02:31 PM
You still don't get it. It is having all your music with you. The choice to play anything you feel in the mood to hear , not that you play it all from start to finish.
Exactly ~ does one read every book in the library when they walk in?
The folks that don't understand the Classic, well, they don't understand the Classic :rolleyes:
Exactly ~ does one read every book in the library when they walk in?
The folks that don't understand the Classic, well, they don't understand the Classic :rolleyes:
Doctor Q
Nov 28, 11:42 AM
Money talks. A big ad campaign will produce much increased Zune sales.
And it's also true for Apple. Many people buy iPods because they have seen all of those TV ads and billboards, not because they did extensive comparison shopping.
Come to think of it, a good number of iPod purchasers are filling demands of their kids, who specifically plead for iPods. And kids are greatly influenced by advertising.
And it's also true for Apple. Many people buy iPods because they have seen all of those TV ads and billboards, not because they did extensive comparison shopping.
Come to think of it, a good number of iPod purchasers are filling demands of their kids, who specifically plead for iPods. And kids are greatly influenced by advertising.
bedifferent
May 2, 05:00 PM
…or hold down the "Option" key and click away…
I've been using this - AppCleaner (http://www.freemacsoft.net/)
Better one, CleanMyMac (http://macpaw.com/)
Manage Plugins/Extensions, intelligent uninstaller, automatic device cleanup, cache cleaner, logs cleaner, language cleaner, remove unneeded binary files (PowerPC code mostly, shrinks app sizes and improves launch time), searches and removes leftover files from removed apps not cleaned by CleanMyMac, quick erase, clean out app system junk to improve performance, empty trash from app's that have self-contained trash bins (such as iPhoto), and a lot more. Great app (god I sound like a commercial! lol)
I've been using this - AppCleaner (http://www.freemacsoft.net/)
Better one, CleanMyMac (http://macpaw.com/)
Manage Plugins/Extensions, intelligent uninstaller, automatic device cleanup, cache cleaner, logs cleaner, language cleaner, remove unneeded binary files (PowerPC code mostly, shrinks app sizes and improves launch time), searches and removes leftover files from removed apps not cleaned by CleanMyMac, quick erase, clean out app system junk to improve performance, empty trash from app's that have self-contained trash bins (such as iPhoto), and a lot more. Great app (god I sound like a commercial! lol)
TerryJ
Jul 14, 10:45 AM
Because this is MacRumors which has more Sony fans that Mac fans
Heck, I have a Sony RP television. I love Sony TVs. And I'm no MS fan.
But HD DVD just plain looks better than BD at this point, and for much less money. (And I can actually get some decent movies for it!)
-Terry
Heck, I have a Sony RP television. I love Sony TVs. And I'm no MS fan.
But HD DVD just plain looks better than BD at this point, and for much less money. (And I can actually get some decent movies for it!)
-Terry
easymac800g4
Jan 10, 11:39 PM
macworld said apple and dell are the only two computer companies that continue to turn a constant profit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment