yukyuklee
Feb 25, 05:31 PM
Hey Veg,
Where did you get that lamp?
Where did you get that lamp?
Hooksta
Oct 24, 11:01 AM
I'm still "surviving" with what is becoming a slower and slower iPhone 3G. I've been out of contract since June but am holding off on buying a new iPhone at this time. I was visiting my brother in law who has an iPhone 4 and I put my index finger (not even my whole hand) over the bottom left corner where the seam is and his phone dropped from five bars to two. I let go and the phone went right back up to five bars. CR Reports seemed legit to me.
I'm a huge Apple fan. My wife and I both own the MacBooks (which CR LOVES), two of the new iPod Nano's and shuffles from a couple years ago, and we both have iPhones. So in no way could I be considered a "Droid"/Verizon guy here trying to cause trouble. Heck I couldn't even tell you how many Droid type phones there even are. I wouldn't have a clue.
My only general complaint about my iPhone 3G (wife has 3GS) is that I wish the speaker in the ear set (not speakerphone) was louder. Sometimes I can barely hear the others when I am driving my Acura TL....which is a fairly quiet car. My company blackberry (which I really only like for email) has a speaker that I cannot tolerate at full volume. I think half volume on that thing is as much as full on the iPhone. I'll almost absolutely stick with iPhone but I am waiting to see if Verizon does get it (because AT&T drops more calls than my Verizon blackberry) and I'd also like to see if Apple fixes this current iPhone design. I feel for certain the 2011 version will have "quietly" fixed this "supposed" non-issue.
I'm a huge Apple fan. My wife and I both own the MacBooks (which CR LOVES), two of the new iPod Nano's and shuffles from a couple years ago, and we both have iPhones. So in no way could I be considered a "Droid"/Verizon guy here trying to cause trouble. Heck I couldn't even tell you how many Droid type phones there even are. I wouldn't have a clue.
My only general complaint about my iPhone 3G (wife has 3GS) is that I wish the speaker in the ear set (not speakerphone) was louder. Sometimes I can barely hear the others when I am driving my Acura TL....which is a fairly quiet car. My company blackberry (which I really only like for email) has a speaker that I cannot tolerate at full volume. I think half volume on that thing is as much as full on the iPhone. I'll almost absolutely stick with iPhone but I am waiting to see if Verizon does get it (because AT&T drops more calls than my Verizon blackberry) and I'd also like to see if Apple fixes this current iPhone design. I feel for certain the 2011 version will have "quietly" fixed this "supposed" non-issue.
thejadedmonkey
Aug 7, 07:07 AM
-Soltaire game as a dashboard widget
Yes! Take Solitare, the number 1 Windows game, and make it even easier to keep hidden when your boss walks by!:D
Yes! Take Solitare, the number 1 Windows game, and make it even easier to keep hidden when your boss walks by!:D
I'mAMac
Sep 1, 01:30 PM
Talking about the iMac chin, isn't it time for a new-look iMac? I couldn't imagine a 23" wide chin :eek:
What is the chin. Though, i have heard people talking about it and they said that if there is a 23" it is possible for Apple to eliminate it.
What is the chin. Though, i have heard people talking about it and they said that if there is a 23" it is possible for Apple to eliminate it.
rasmasyean
Mar 20, 07:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
I'm very pleased about this- many countries working together following a proper UN resolution. Using air support and missiles but not troops.
This also seems like a good example of cooporation, even though any country with a decent airforce could go it alone against Libyia right now! All sorts of countries involved, with France, UK and US doing most at the moment.
I actually think having troops is better. "Firing missles and bombing" from great distances has a "disconnect" between people. When you have actual people fighting and even dying alongside you, both the citizens and the warriors appreciated it more and form more of a bond between people and cultures. It builds a "comraderee" of sorts and helps secure a pschological future between peoples....whereas, in this case, perhaps the only interaction we really have with Lybians is that the generals and politicians might go to meetings. Something the masses never experience for themselves.
After something like this is over without them actually "enduring victory and suffering" with Westerners hugging them, many Lybians will still think...oh yeah, those are the infidels that helped us get Quadafi with their big guns. :p
And even in the eyes of the opposition, it can have a negative effect in that you don't see them face to face when you kill them. It can be seen as a sign of "weakness" and "chickeness". This is what happened with Clinton shooting tomahawks at Bin Laden and then walking away brushing his hands. When you look in their eyes and shoot them, they know you mean business and respect and fear you as a warrior. Then they might think twice before they try to blow up your buildings when you're not looking. ;)
I'm very pleased about this- many countries working together following a proper UN resolution. Using air support and missiles but not troops.
This also seems like a good example of cooporation, even though any country with a decent airforce could go it alone against Libyia right now! All sorts of countries involved, with France, UK and US doing most at the moment.
I actually think having troops is better. "Firing missles and bombing" from great distances has a "disconnect" between people. When you have actual people fighting and even dying alongside you, both the citizens and the warriors appreciated it more and form more of a bond between people and cultures. It builds a "comraderee" of sorts and helps secure a pschological future between peoples....whereas, in this case, perhaps the only interaction we really have with Lybians is that the generals and politicians might go to meetings. Something the masses never experience for themselves.
After something like this is over without them actually "enduring victory and suffering" with Westerners hugging them, many Lybians will still think...oh yeah, those are the infidels that helped us get Quadafi with their big guns. :p
And even in the eyes of the opposition, it can have a negative effect in that you don't see them face to face when you kill them. It can be seen as a sign of "weakness" and "chickeness". This is what happened with Clinton shooting tomahawks at Bin Laden and then walking away brushing his hands. When you look in their eyes and shoot them, they know you mean business and respect and fear you as a warrior. Then they might think twice before they try to blow up your buildings when you're not looking. ;)
Yahgo
Sep 8, 02:58 PM
This sure is starting to sound like MOVIEBEAM... and who owns that???
Walt Disney Owns MOVIEBEAM.
Walt Disney Owns MOVIEBEAM.
antmarobel
Mar 31, 12:07 PM
They rearrange themselves at their own will! If I drag one to the right of the other, for instance, another one, completely different, comes to the place where I intended to place the first one...:eek:
Kenso
Mar 22, 03:48 PM
They should make brief questions to Steve Jobs the same way he answers:
Q: Apple killing iPod?
Sent from my iPhone
A: We have no plans to
Sent from my iPhone
:D
Q: Apple killing iPod?
Sent from my iPhone
A: We have no plans to
Sent from my iPhone
:D
Irishman
May 3, 02:48 PM
The 6950m and 6970m are also available in 2gb models. That would help with the larger resolution of the 27" display. Let's hope for that as well!
Well, you got what you wanted on the 2GB 6970m! At least as a BTO option.
Well, you got what you wanted on the 2GB 6970m! At least as a BTO option.
appleguy123
Mar 20, 06:15 PM
But like homeopathy religion can achieve positive things too.
What does homeopathy achieve?
You can't even test homeopathy scientifically against a placebo because the placebo would be identical to the remedy!
What does homeopathy achieve?
You can't even test homeopathy scientifically against a placebo because the placebo would be identical to the remedy!
PsstGreek
Mar 1, 05:07 PM
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq302/SneakyGreek/IMG_0097.jpg
My set up.
My set up.
Eric5h5
Aug 6, 09:44 PM
wow, that's some bold statements by Apple. i'm sure that they'll back them up though
Nothing they haven't done before. Like the "Redmond, start your photocopiers" thing for Tiger. And Redmond did exactly that, it seems. ;)
--Eric
Nothing they haven't done before. Like the "Redmond, start your photocopiers" thing for Tiger. And Redmond did exactly that, it seems. ;)
--Eric
nick9191
Mar 22, 12:50 PM
a country (United States) founded on Christianity.
Where you lost all credibility.
Where you lost all credibility.
i.Feature
Jul 18, 08:45 AM
So, if the new itunes video store can rent rent movies at .99 cents for a 3-5 day unlimited viewing I'm in. At 1.99 I might rent a few at 2.99 I really doubt it. at 4.99 no way in hell.
100% agree with this. Right now i can walk into the video store and get 3 dvds for $5(canadian) for 3 days. I can rip them to view later if i don't get around to them in the 3 days (I almost alway delete the ripped files within a week, i don't need to keep em).
It has to be cheap. Cause it'll be in no way "instant gratification" or more convient then driving walking to the video store.
100% agree with this. Right now i can walk into the video store and get 3 dvds for $5(canadian) for 3 days. I can rip them to view later if i don't get around to them in the 3 days (I almost alway delete the ripped files within a week, i don't need to keep em).
It has to be cheap. Cause it'll be in no way "instant gratification" or more convient then driving walking to the video store.
alfagta
Apr 1, 04:50 PM
Basically. Now they just need to polish what they gave us. It's honestly a lot though. I wouldn't feel ripped off for them charging money for it.
Almost all of the Applications have been enhanced, autosave, Launchpad, Mission Control, Versions, resume, Multitouch gestures, full screen apps and the Mac App Store.
You feel like it�s a new experience? So much better?
Almost all of the Applications have been enhanced, autosave, Launchpad, Mission Control, Versions, resume, Multitouch gestures, full screen apps and the Mac App Store.
You feel like it�s a new experience? So much better?
Austin M.
Nov 23, 02:08 PM
The SwitchEasy TRIM case (lime color) for iPhone 4.
timerollson
Nov 26, 12:05 PM
Bought this today on a whim. I ****ing love it!:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5209638998_fe2eaf5b2c.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/5209659858_9e4b8ab4af.jpg
Took advantage of Amazon's DVD sales and bought these:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2By8xib7UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ak7iiEAlL._SL500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EDIanxpWL._SL500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DsibIifuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5209638998_fe2eaf5b2c.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/5209659858_9e4b8ab4af.jpg
Took advantage of Amazon's DVD sales and bought these:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2By8xib7UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ak7iiEAlL._SL500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EDIanxpWL._SL500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DsibIifuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SiliconAddict
Nov 27, 08:18 PM
Ahh digitimes - The height of accurate reporting. :rolleyes:
sushi
Jul 15, 02:38 AM
After reading all this good discussion concerning Bluray vs. HD-DVD, it makes me wonder how much the consumer will put up with. It seems to me that the consumer is the one who looses.
Anyhow, just think about 10 years from now we will get a whole new format and whichever wins now, Bluray or HD-DVD, will be outdated! ;) :eek: :D
Anyhow, just think about 10 years from now we will get a whole new format and whichever wins now, Bluray or HD-DVD, will be outdated! ;) :eek: :D
Benjy91
Mar 28, 11:05 AM
you think? I suspect we'll see an announcement next year and a release in 2013 actually for the 360, the PS4 will probably be 2015. The 'WIIHD" or whatever it' called might be announced this year.........
Microsoft announced the Kinect would extend the life of the 360 by 5 years, and PS3 launched with the intention of a 10 year life span.
Microsoft announced the Kinect would extend the life of the 360 by 5 years, and PS3 launched with the intention of a 10 year life span.
extrafuzzyllama
Sep 30, 12:27 PM
Yes, I've bought a clear (smoked) tpu case on eBay. Stay away from the clear ones, they leave watermarks on the back. Get the patterned ones. Fitment is kind of loose on some sides but good temp case until something good comes out. I'm waiting on the incase slider myself, just wish it didn't cost 35 bucks for a piece of plastic!
what do u mean watermarks? do u have a pic?
i was also considering buying from the ebay seller ashophone
the clear gel cases
anyone seen any cases like the grip vue solid colors on ebay?
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/ashopone/Ipod-touch4-Soft-8x1.jpg
what do u mean watermarks? do u have a pic?
i was also considering buying from the ebay seller ashophone
the clear gel cases
anyone seen any cases like the grip vue solid colors on ebay?
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/ashopone/Ipod-touch4-Soft-8x1.jpg
grouse
Jul 20, 08:35 AM
If desktops sales are down 23%, is that revenue or units?
If it's revenue, then it's hardly surprising. If the most expensive models are essentially stalled waiting on new chips/new enclosures/new universal binary apps from Quark and Adobemedia, as backed up by reports that apple store staff in the last quarter have actually been advising punters NOT to buy the G5 towers, then actually that's pretty much as expected I'd have thought.
If new Mac Pro models are just around the corner then you'd expect a big leap for the 4th quarter. I, for one, am part of the higher spend pent-up demand sector. And don't forget, bureaux, design studios, architects, 3D motion design/modeller etcs have big budgets and if they pause on buying it is going to skew the Apple market. As everyone says, expect a big leap in the Desktop Pro market over the next two quarters.
If it's revenue, then it's hardly surprising. If the most expensive models are essentially stalled waiting on new chips/new enclosures/new universal binary apps from Quark and Adobemedia, as backed up by reports that apple store staff in the last quarter have actually been advising punters NOT to buy the G5 towers, then actually that's pretty much as expected I'd have thought.
If new Mac Pro models are just around the corner then you'd expect a big leap for the 4th quarter. I, for one, am part of the higher spend pent-up demand sector. And don't forget, bureaux, design studios, architects, 3D motion design/modeller etcs have big budgets and if they pause on buying it is going to skew the Apple market. As everyone says, expect a big leap in the Desktop Pro market over the next two quarters.
pyramid6
Nov 28, 03:13 PM
I would argue, that MS success isn't because of it's OS, it's because of third party support.
Take Windows. It's horrible, but too many companies have too much software invested in Windows software.
Take the XBox, the X box was built on DirectX, which made it much easier to program than the PS2. So third party companies could program for the XBox.
The Zune is from scratch, no third party companies to help push it. No corprate ITs to demand you buy it and use it.
The Zune is what Microsoft is without its monopoly.
Take Windows. It's horrible, but too many companies have too much software invested in Windows software.
Take the XBox, the X box was built on DirectX, which made it much easier to program than the PS2. So third party companies could program for the XBox.
The Zune is from scratch, no third party companies to help push it. No corprate ITs to demand you buy it and use it.
The Zune is what Microsoft is without its monopoly.
OdduWon
Nov 28, 11:30 AM
Deep pockets or not, MS will have a struggle to find a niche. But at least they were smart enough to put in a radio.
Agreed, even though am/Fm is in decline, People STILL LOVE FM, there are some great indie college stations around. Which if i could listen to on my ipod i would. If every ipod had a tuner then people on campus could all listen, and experience the same thing. outside the station on campus they have speakers playing whats on air. People gather in the courtyard and socialize, at certain times probbably too. This could be a easy feature to add with big impact.
Also, :D , Perhaps the current iPod fm adapter will become the iStation/PodCaster? A light to signal on air, and others can tune in to hear your playlists or some type of browsing or podcast viewing emitted from the shuffle sized transmitter:rolleyes:
Agreed, even though am/Fm is in decline, People STILL LOVE FM, there are some great indie college stations around. Which if i could listen to on my ipod i would. If every ipod had a tuner then people on campus could all listen, and experience the same thing. outside the station on campus they have speakers playing whats on air. People gather in the courtyard and socialize, at certain times probbably too. This could be a easy feature to add with big impact.
Also, :D , Perhaps the current iPod fm adapter will become the iStation/PodCaster? A light to signal on air, and others can tune in to hear your playlists or some type of browsing or podcast viewing emitted from the shuffle sized transmitter:rolleyes:
No comments:
Post a Comment