Redline13
Nov 23, 11:53 AM
Airfoil Speakers Touch 1.0.2 is out. It restores the computer artwork. Apple finally did the right thing.
Eidorian
Jul 15, 05:21 AM
:( And I thought I was hot stuff with my 2GHz Core Duo iMac... Less than a month old!
Oh well, that's the way it always goes...Someone should have paid attention to the Buyer's Guide.
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
I've had the money for an iMac for over a month now. I haven't bought it though.
What's the probability of being able to drop one of the newer, more powerful chips into my iMac sometime in the future? I mean, I've got 2GB RAM and a 500GB HDD, and a 256MB video card... A newer processor down the line should work well, right?The CPU is possible but you probably wouldn't want to it yourself. The hard drive is easier. The video card would require an entire logic board replacement.
Oh well, that's the way it always goes...Someone should have paid attention to the Buyer's Guide.
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
I've had the money for an iMac for over a month now. I haven't bought it though.
What's the probability of being able to drop one of the newer, more powerful chips into my iMac sometime in the future? I mean, I've got 2GB RAM and a 500GB HDD, and a 256MB video card... A newer processor down the line should work well, right?The CPU is possible but you probably wouldn't want to it yourself. The hard drive is easier. The video card would require an entire logic board replacement.
vwcruisn
Mar 23, 05:38 PM
Stay classy Austin :rolleyes:
As for the Senator's request, they cannot be required to take it down. If cops are so overt that apps can bust their checkpoints, maybe they should be floating checkpoints?
It's illegal. Police need to publicly announce check points before setting up. Ironic they would want to pull the app since this is the basis that makes them legal in the first place.
As for the Senator's request, they cannot be required to take it down. If cops are so overt that apps can bust their checkpoints, maybe they should be floating checkpoints?
It's illegal. Police need to publicly announce check points before setting up. Ironic they would want to pull the app since this is the basis that makes them legal in the first place.
///mdriver
Sep 12, 02:35 PM
will search and quick scroll be in my ipod's next update?
MrNomNoms
Apr 30, 08:58 PM
Anger management is a good thing.
Not that but realising his posts are massively off topic. This article is about the iMac and nothing to do with the operating system itself.
Not that but realising his posts are massively off topic. This article is about the iMac and nothing to do with the operating system itself.
DRewPi
Sep 10, 08:37 AM
Since the new iMacs came out the minis seem pretty expensive to me since u get a better processor with the iMac than the mini .... ??? :confused:
cohen777
Mar 23, 06:48 PM
Our courts have said that the U.S. Constitution requires the publication, among other requirements, of DUI roadblocks. Other requirements of roadblocks include the police having a set procedure of how they are going to pull cars and that the procedures are adhered to during the roadblock. Thus, when the police set up a roadblock they have to publish it in a local newspaper.
miyamoto
Nov 9, 02:37 PM
Some time back there was a post of someone swapping out a cpu in an Imac. Does anyone know if someone has managed to swap out the core 2 duo cpu yet? I assume they still arent soldered?
aristotle
Nov 13, 05:03 PM
Serious, dude. You seem to be like those people who have their fingers in their ears singing "la, la, la, la, la I can't hear you".
Apple is the copyright holder of those images and they provide the right to use those images in Applications running on macs via the API on a Mac running OS X. Rogue Amoeba was taking those images and distributing them via a WiFi network to another device where they have not licensed the display of those specific icons. This is really no different than if you licensed icons for use in your desktop application and then decided to use it in a few websites or a client server app without clearing it with the licenser first.
Rogue Amoeba could avoided all of those trouble by supplying their own icons. It also appears from the screenshot that they were taking two icons from OS X and superimposing them on each other.
There is one possibility that perhaps not been considered. What if Apple does not own the exclusive copyright to those images and has instead licensed them for a specific use within OS X on a mac and any other use would be a violation of that license?
Apple is the copyright holder of those images and they provide the right to use those images in Applications running on macs via the API on a Mac running OS X. Rogue Amoeba was taking those images and distributing them via a WiFi network to another device where they have not licensed the display of those specific icons. This is really no different than if you licensed icons for use in your desktop application and then decided to use it in a few websites or a client server app without clearing it with the licenser first.
Rogue Amoeba could avoided all of those trouble by supplying their own icons. It also appears from the screenshot that they were taking two icons from OS X and superimposing them on each other.
There is one possibility that perhaps not been considered. What if Apple does not own the exclusive copyright to those images and has instead licensed them for a specific use within OS X on a mac and any other use would be a violation of that license?
Eidorian
Jul 19, 07:38 PM
Allendale is not faster than Merom. Benchmarks show it is slower.Links please. Both low end Merom and Allendale have the same amount of cache. Still, Allendale clocks higher and faster.
blizaine
Apr 4, 11:54 AM
I heard the mall cop got the head-shot while moving at full speed on a Segway. Simply amazing.
Rodimus Prime
Apr 28, 04:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)
$100B past Microsoft in 1 year is tremendous. Go AAPL!
when something jumps that quickly it tells you that value should be questions.
$100B past Microsoft in 1 year is tremendous. Go AAPL!
when something jumps that quickly it tells you that value should be questions.
iSee
Apr 25, 04:15 PM
I hope I like the new design as much as I like the current unibody design...
I'll probably be looking to replace my original 2006 MBP after this comes out...
I'll probably be looking to replace my original 2006 MBP after this comes out...
iMacZealot
Sep 20, 08:00 PM
Finally, someone gets it right.
CDMA is technically superior to GSM just about any way you care to measure it. GSM's widespread adoption in Europe was by fiat as a protectionist measure for European telecom companies, primarily because the European technology providers did not want to license CDMA from an American company. CDMA was basically slandered six ways to Sunday to justify using GSM. It was nothing more than a case of Not Invented Here writ large and turf protection. This early rapid push to standardize on GSM in as many places as possible as a strategic hedge gave them a strong market position in most of the rest of the world. In the US, the various protocols had to fight it out on the open market which took time to sort itself out.
Ultimately, the GSM consortium lost and Qualcomm got the last laugh because the technology does not scale as well as CDMA. Every last telecom equipment provider in Europe has since licensed the CDMA technology, and some version of the technology is part of the next generation cellular infrastructure under a few different names.
While GSM has better interoperability globally, I would make the observation that CDMA works just fine in the US, which is no small region of the planet and the third most populous country. For many people, the better quality is worth it.
I find a few things wrong with this:
1) I don't think EU chose GSM because it was European and not American --- according to Wikipedia, GSM publicly came out in 1990 and CDMA (or IS-95) in 1996.
2) I think it's hard to compare IS-95 and GSM. It's comparing apples to oranges. Sure, there are some things better about them, but CDMA and TDMA are completely different techniques and hard to compare.
3) When you're talking about CDMA being used in future technologies in Europe, if you mean UMTS, that's not CDMA. It's the next generation GSM 3G technology, but uses wideband CDMA or WCDMA in the process. It is considered GSM technology.
4) If you're choosing your new cellular provider based on whether they use CDMA or GSM, that's sad because you're going to get a phone that makes calls anyway. The rest, in my opinion, differs between what the execs at T-Cingizon PCS are thinking.
CDMA is technically superior to GSM just about any way you care to measure it. GSM's widespread adoption in Europe was by fiat as a protectionist measure for European telecom companies, primarily because the European technology providers did not want to license CDMA from an American company. CDMA was basically slandered six ways to Sunday to justify using GSM. It was nothing more than a case of Not Invented Here writ large and turf protection. This early rapid push to standardize on GSM in as many places as possible as a strategic hedge gave them a strong market position in most of the rest of the world. In the US, the various protocols had to fight it out on the open market which took time to sort itself out.
Ultimately, the GSM consortium lost and Qualcomm got the last laugh because the technology does not scale as well as CDMA. Every last telecom equipment provider in Europe has since licensed the CDMA technology, and some version of the technology is part of the next generation cellular infrastructure under a few different names.
While GSM has better interoperability globally, I would make the observation that CDMA works just fine in the US, which is no small region of the planet and the third most populous country. For many people, the better quality is worth it.
I find a few things wrong with this:
1) I don't think EU chose GSM because it was European and not American --- according to Wikipedia, GSM publicly came out in 1990 and CDMA (or IS-95) in 1996.
2) I think it's hard to compare IS-95 and GSM. It's comparing apples to oranges. Sure, there are some things better about them, but CDMA and TDMA are completely different techniques and hard to compare.
3) When you're talking about CDMA being used in future technologies in Europe, if you mean UMTS, that's not CDMA. It's the next generation GSM 3G technology, but uses wideband CDMA or WCDMA in the process. It is considered GSM technology.
4) If you're choosing your new cellular provider based on whether they use CDMA or GSM, that's sad because you're going to get a phone that makes calls anyway. The rest, in my opinion, differs between what the execs at T-Cingizon PCS are thinking.
kugino
Apr 22, 12:21 PM
all these streaming services (itunes cloud, netflix, etc.) make me glad that i still have my unlimited data on iphone...i wonder when at&t will cap the "unlimited" accts.?
seems smart what apple's doing, though...it's what dropbox does for files it knows are duplicates. just keep one copy of it but make it available to all the accounts that have saved it. just need to log the hash...makes uploading, syncing, etc. much faster. and i'm sure it'll save both apple and the end user a lot of bandwidth and storage fees...
seems smart what apple's doing, though...it's what dropbox does for files it knows are duplicates. just keep one copy of it but make it available to all the accounts that have saved it. just need to log the hash...makes uploading, syncing, etc. much faster. and i'm sure it'll save both apple and the end user a lot of bandwidth and storage fees...
Chatham
Aug 28, 02:03 PM
I would love to see an increase in the screen size on iMacs, but that doesn't seem likely without an overhaul to the entire enclosure.
Can the current imacs support a 24" Dell widescreen in dual monitor mode?
Can the current imacs support a 24" Dell widescreen in dual monitor mode?
jamesryanbell
Apr 25, 01:26 PM
That's why I've kept my late '08 MBP for as long as I have. I want a MAJOR step forward the next time I invest $2000+ on a primary machine. :)
In the meantime, I'll be just fine with what I have! ;)
In the meantime, I'll be just fine with what I have! ;)
boxandrew
Sep 4, 10:10 PM
Is there anyone who has actually received one of these fabled invites? :confused:
CuppyCake
Mar 23, 04:53 PM
In Maryland outside Washington, DC, there are signs that read DUI Check Point Area. What is wrong with Apple making it available nationwide? Senators get a life. :cool:
Chundles
Oct 12, 01:20 PM
It's certainly better than an red, glossy 1G nano - hopefully it would have the proper matte, anodised finish of the current nanos rather than the glossy coating ColorWarePC use to do their custom iPods.
Not too bad though...
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7410/picture1pc9.png
Not too bad though...
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7410/picture1pc9.png
Eidorian
Sep 9, 02:40 PM
Wow so if that's in XP already it's gotta be a feature in Leopard.
You call that Application Core Affinity or what's the correct full termonology? And where in the OS do you choose the applications to assign x number of cores with that dialog box. Looks like they're ready for a lot of cores coming up?!?! :eek:
32. I'd say that's planning ahead.I think it might be in Windows 2000 as well. It's found via Task Manager under Processes. Right click on a process in the list and you can assign its affinity. Some programs crash when the encounter hyper threading or multi core machines. So you have to assign the process to a single CPU/core. More then likely on a dual processor machine from back then a multi-core one.
You call that Application Core Affinity or what's the correct full termonology? And where in the OS do you choose the applications to assign x number of cores with that dialog box. Looks like they're ready for a lot of cores coming up?!?! :eek:
32. I'd say that's planning ahead.I think it might be in Windows 2000 as well. It's found via Task Manager under Processes. Right click on a process in the list and you can assign its affinity. Some programs crash when the encounter hyper threading or multi core machines. So you have to assign the process to a single CPU/core. More then likely on a dual processor machine from back then a multi-core one.
ngenerator
Mar 29, 11:17 AM
Seems likely :rolleyes:
3N16MA
Mar 30, 01:42 PM
They don't want to call their store "MobileApp" because they already have a store. It's called "Marketplace".
They would however like to describe their store that called "Marketplace" by saying that it is a store that sells apps. You know, an app store.
It is a market that sells apps. You know, and app market. No need for them to describe it as an App Store since that description would not fly over anyone's head.
They would however like to describe their store that called "Marketplace" by saying that it is a store that sells apps. You know, an app store.
It is a market that sells apps. You know, and app market. No need for them to describe it as an App Store since that description would not fly over anyone's head.
Spanky Deluxe
Aug 28, 12:22 PM
A week Tuesday, a week Tuesday! I just put my mini on eBay and I'll get a good chunk less if they update them tomorrow! I thought the original rumour said after Labor day which is next week isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment