jp102235
Mar 29, 12:21 PM
Windows 7 kicks ass, it's every bit as good as Snow Leopard if not better.
I especially like the x11 server integration that windows 7 has.... oh wait...
let's not get into blanket-statement flame wars here. For _some_ people W7 is great, for others, not so much. those of us that use the unix/x11 component of SnowLeopord really love it and miss it on W7.
I especially like the x11 server integration that windows 7 has.... oh wait...
let's not get into blanket-statement flame wars here. For _some_ people W7 is great, for others, not so much. those of us that use the unix/x11 component of SnowLeopord really love it and miss it on W7.
spazzcat
Mar 29, 12:50 PM
Here were their illuminating predictions in Jan 2010. :rolleyes:

2012 Honda Civic Coupe

2012-honda-civic-coupe-3.jpg

2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe

The all-new 2012 Civic will

2012-honda-civic-coupe-1.jpg

2012 Honda Civic Coupe –

2012 Honda Civic Si coupe (spy

2012 Honda Civic Coupe Si

2012 honda civic coupe pics.

2012 Honda Civic Coupe Front

2012 Honda Civic Coupe SI

2012 Honda Civic Coupe

2012 honda civic coupe pics.

2012 Honda Civic Coupe

2012 Honda Civic Coupe and
cbnsoul
Mar 22, 02:01 PM
Come on Mac Mini update; well overdue for a refresh. That Core 2 Duo is keeping me from buying.
Me too. I have a 2 year old Mini and while the current models look cool, they aren't a whole lot faster. I would also LOVE an SSD option although at this point I would be more than satisfied with a 7200 RPM option! (Can't believe that you still can only get 5400 RPM drives unless you get the server.)
Me too. I have a 2 year old Mini and while the current models look cool, they aren't a whole lot faster. I would also LOVE an SSD option although at this point I would be more than satisfied with a 7200 RPM option! (Can't believe that you still can only get 5400 RPM drives unless you get the server.)
kresh
Jul 14, 03:49 PM
So then AMD and IBM are dead in the water? Somebody better call them and tell them.
AMD may not be dead, but the reason for their all out, full court press on the legal front is becoming more apparent. It now appears to be a desperation move.
If all they can do is lower prices and maybe release an FX-64 variant before they might as well be dead in the water. (link: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/articles/view.php?id=1980&cid=2&pg=13 ** Second Paragraph). I just don't have that good vibe from AMD anymore. I know that doesn't mean a crap to anyone, but It seems like Intel has made a huge leap and are not looking back.
I have not owned an Intel processor based machine since the 90's. (Man I loved Cyrix DX4/100: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Cyrix_486_DX4_100_Front.jpg). I can see myself joining the ranks of Intel owners very shortly.
edit: Cyrix Link
AMD may not be dead, but the reason for their all out, full court press on the legal front is becoming more apparent. It now appears to be a desperation move.
If all they can do is lower prices and maybe release an FX-64 variant before they might as well be dead in the water. (link: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/articles/view.php?id=1980&cid=2&pg=13 ** Second Paragraph). I just don't have that good vibe from AMD anymore. I know that doesn't mean a crap to anyone, but It seems like Intel has made a huge leap and are not looking back.
I have not owned an Intel processor based machine since the 90's. (Man I loved Cyrix DX4/100: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Cyrix_486_DX4_100_Front.jpg). I can see myself joining the ranks of Intel owners very shortly.
edit: Cyrix Link
ender land
Apr 10, 11:01 AM
Sounds like a pretty convincing reason to move to Sweden if you are an American.
nevir
Sep 1, 10:41 AM
The way I see it is why buy a product when it is being improved (no matter how little or much) and should be the same price or lower... most likely within the next few weeks?
ezekielrage_99
Sep 4, 10:55 PM
WO0t! PowerBook G5 tuesday after next!
I never get sick of that, 12 month later and still is funny :D
I never get sick of that, 12 month later and still is funny :D
Lebowski
Sep 7, 04:04 AM
Finally G5 Powerbooks.
i know. i have been waiting forever. tablet G5PBs.....
i know. i have been waiting forever. tablet G5PBs.....
gugy
Sep 5, 12:35 PM
by the invitation I would predict (or maybe wishful thinking) :D :
Itunes Movie Store
New Airport xpress with video capabilities.
new Front Row with DVR capability (that would be really nice)
device to connect cable TV to the Mac (ala Elgato)
Maybe new IPOD video widescreen.
Itunes Movie Store
New Airport xpress with video capabilities.
new Front Row with DVR capability (that would be really nice)
device to connect cable TV to the Mac (ala Elgato)
Maybe new IPOD video widescreen.
Hattig
Mar 29, 12:50 PM
Have I just done the impossible? :D
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5492/excels.th.png (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/excels.png/) http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8916/wordc.th.png (http://img140.imageshack.us/i/wordc.png/)
I think he was referring to the older versions of Office that had weird MDI interfaces for Word and Excel, so that it only displayed one document at a time, unless you explicitly forced two separate instances of the application to run at the same time.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5492/excels.th.png (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/excels.png/) http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8916/wordc.th.png (http://img140.imageshack.us/i/wordc.png/)
I think he was referring to the older versions of Office that had weird MDI interfaces for Word and Excel, so that it only displayed one document at a time, unless you explicitly forced two separate instances of the application to run at the same time.
MattyMac
Sep 5, 08:46 PM
Darn it, 6 more days to go.
ahhh...at least you have something to look forward too.
It's all about the little things in life;)
ahhh...at least you have something to look forward too.
It's all about the little things in life;)
Bomino
Apr 25, 03:02 AM
You certainly ain't the only one. Obvious troll is obvious.
i thought this from my first post, but his join date is 08, and he's a regular. that is what has me thinking that what he is saying is really how he thinks/acts.
i thought this from my first post, but his join date is 08, and he's a regular. that is what has me thinking that what he is saying is really how he thinks/acts.
SuperCachetes
Apr 25, 06:24 AM
The simple fact is that I should not have to obey a 70mph speed limit if I don't want to. Why would I even bother driving a car that can hit 186mph (with the speed governor removed, with the governor top speed is 155mph) at 70 mph? A Ford Fiesta can hit those speeds, what's the point of fast cars if you're going to follow the speed limit in them?
:rolleyes:
http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/w/041608087406.jpg
:rolleyes:
http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/w/041608087406.jpg
Rodimus Prime
Apr 25, 02:04 AM
Uh no I didn't. I just interpreted the law. As someone implied earlier, this could all be a ruse. I might not have done anything I said in this thread. No one here can know 100% for sure, because you did not witness the event I claim occurred. That simple fact, in addition to any record searching anyone did without a warrant would be an invasion of privacy would get anything I say in this thread thrown out of court faster than you could blink.
-Don
guess what.
This thread could be enough to get a warrant to prove your who you are.
Also Arn could easily hand over you IP tracing you down even father along with your email address which is all legal and could be submitted to court as he freely handed over his privates data to the cops.
-Don
guess what.
This thread could be enough to get a warrant to prove your who you are.
Also Arn could easily hand over you IP tracing you down even father along with your email address which is all legal and could be submitted to court as he freely handed over his privates data to the cops.
Dmac77
Apr 25, 01:51 AM
And your ethics take an even worse.
The system is clearly broken and you are living proof of it.
Heck if something like that you did that me i would use this thread as poof your actions and laugh my ass off when end up in jail.
Good luck tracking my actual identity down. And also good luck getting anything you dug up admitted in court, because there is absolutely nothing legal about introducing any evidence of my identity you found by tying this account back to my IP/ISP without a warrant.
-Don
The system is clearly broken and you are living proof of it.
Heck if something like that you did that me i would use this thread as poof your actions and laugh my ass off when end up in jail.
Good luck tracking my actual identity down. And also good luck getting anything you dug up admitted in court, because there is absolutely nothing legal about introducing any evidence of my identity you found by tying this account back to my IP/ISP without a warrant.
-Don
Machead III
Aug 31, 01:38 PM
Alright well, it's the Movie Store, and AppleInsider are porbably right about what they have said about it.
Meaning: Disney is the only one on board from the start.
However, don't **** your pants yet, that does not means we're stuck with Bambi and Mickey Mouse for 6 months.
The Walt Disney Company is about as expansive as they come, and they're particularly devious when it comes to branding. For various PR reasons they like to set up studios with different names and "tones" so that their cuddley flagship brand isn't trodden on by gritty adult movies.
If Disney are on board, that means as well as the "Walt Disney Pictures" movies like Toy Story and Aladin etc., Touchstone Pictures and Miramax are in (and also Hollywood Studios, but that's about to merge, it's not nothing notable since The 6th Sense, and nothing notable before that).
So you've got films like The Insider, Cinderella Man, The Royal Tenenbaums, Sin City, Gangs of New York, The Hours etc. etc. right off the bat.
Probably 1/5 of an average "movie fans" diet will consist of flicks produced by a branch of The Walt Disney Company, with another 5th being from WB, another from Universal and the rest from others like Sony and independants like Lions Gate and the Sundance groups.
You really wan't Universal in there eventually, as they're the ones with the big library. And Warner are the dudes holding all the old time classics, so you wan't them too.
Lions Gate make great films but the medium sized studios like them you can probably survive without, for the beginning, though it looks like Lions are in anyway.
Sony would be nice, they often hold the key to the films responsible for the recent surge in popularity of foreign films. Particuarly in Europe, Chinese and Spanish-speaking films have become really quite popular, with Zhang Yimou's Hero and House of Flying Daggers huge hits.
Of course, I'm hoping FilmFour get in their quickly, as they are responsible for really some of the most exciting cinema in recent years; Trainspotting, The Motorcycle Diaries, the list goes on...
Meaning: Disney is the only one on board from the start.
However, don't **** your pants yet, that does not means we're stuck with Bambi and Mickey Mouse for 6 months.
The Walt Disney Company is about as expansive as they come, and they're particularly devious when it comes to branding. For various PR reasons they like to set up studios with different names and "tones" so that their cuddley flagship brand isn't trodden on by gritty adult movies.
If Disney are on board, that means as well as the "Walt Disney Pictures" movies like Toy Story and Aladin etc., Touchstone Pictures and Miramax are in (and also Hollywood Studios, but that's about to merge, it's not nothing notable since The 6th Sense, and nothing notable before that).
So you've got films like The Insider, Cinderella Man, The Royal Tenenbaums, Sin City, Gangs of New York, The Hours etc. etc. right off the bat.
Probably 1/5 of an average "movie fans" diet will consist of flicks produced by a branch of The Walt Disney Company, with another 5th being from WB, another from Universal and the rest from others like Sony and independants like Lions Gate and the Sundance groups.
You really wan't Universal in there eventually, as they're the ones with the big library. And Warner are the dudes holding all the old time classics, so you wan't them too.
Lions Gate make great films but the medium sized studios like them you can probably survive without, for the beginning, though it looks like Lions are in anyway.
Sony would be nice, they often hold the key to the films responsible for the recent surge in popularity of foreign films. Particuarly in Europe, Chinese and Spanish-speaking films have become really quite popular, with Zhang Yimou's Hero and House of Flying Daggers huge hits.
Of course, I'm hoping FilmFour get in their quickly, as they are responsible for really some of the most exciting cinema in recent years; Trainspotting, The Motorcycle Diaries, the list goes on...

Wolfpup
Jan 14, 11:25 AM
You should have a unique identifier (password) attached to authentication mechanism (UAC in Windows). So, Windows users should run as standard users. But, using a standard account in Windows causes issues with some software, such as some online games, that require admin accounts (or "run as administrator"; superuser) to function.
Maybe theoretically you should do that, but I don't know anyone that actually does on Windows or OS X. In both cases you aren't actually running with your full powers all the time, and get prompted to escalate if something needs admin access.
Many online games on Windows 7 still require running as Administrator (superuser privileges) to function. This requires setting the "Properties" to allow "run as Administrator" or turning off UAC. This is risky as the games connect to remote servers and download content. Trojans are installed without authentication if accessed with superuser privileges. This example, using online games, shows the problem with how software is being written for Windows.
Commercial software shouldn't be installing malware...I mean tons of it now has all kinds of DRM that is arguably malware, but...
While I'd rather run something without giving it full access to the system, ultimately you're trusting the publisher either way.
The issue with online games found in Windows is not problematic on Mac OS X given that software for Mac is written following the guidelines of the principle of least privilege (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Principle_of_least_privilege) more so than Windows software.
Be that as it may, that's not a problem with the OS. If games are prompting for admin access though, my guess is it's because they're installing DRM, which on either OS is going to demand mucking about in the system.
I'm opposed to most forms of DRM for a variety of reasons (and also opposed to thieves), but this has nothing to do with Windows.
Mac OS X is much better insulated from Malware.
Why?
Vulnerabilities in those components in Mac OS X are attributed as OS X vulnerabilities because OS X includes them by default so this artificially inflates the number of vulnerabilities in OS X when looking at vulnerability comparisons.
I really doubt they double count things like that, given they're counted separately. I suppose there might be some validity to it if they did.
These components have worse security in Windows. How these vulnerabilities manifest in Windows is through Internet Explorer.

2012 honda civic coupe lx.

2012 Honda Civic Si coupe
Maybe theoretically you should do that, but I don't know anyone that actually does on Windows or OS X. In both cases you aren't actually running with your full powers all the time, and get prompted to escalate if something needs admin access.
Many online games on Windows 7 still require running as Administrator (superuser privileges) to function. This requires setting the "Properties" to allow "run as Administrator" or turning off UAC. This is risky as the games connect to remote servers and download content. Trojans are installed without authentication if accessed with superuser privileges. This example, using online games, shows the problem with how software is being written for Windows.
Commercial software shouldn't be installing malware...I mean tons of it now has all kinds of DRM that is arguably malware, but...
While I'd rather run something without giving it full access to the system, ultimately you're trusting the publisher either way.
The issue with online games found in Windows is not problematic on Mac OS X given that software for Mac is written following the guidelines of the principle of least privilege (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Principle_of_least_privilege) more so than Windows software.
Be that as it may, that's not a problem with the OS. If games are prompting for admin access though, my guess is it's because they're installing DRM, which on either OS is going to demand mucking about in the system.
I'm opposed to most forms of DRM for a variety of reasons (and also opposed to thieves), but this has nothing to do with Windows.
Mac OS X is much better insulated from Malware.
Why?
Vulnerabilities in those components in Mac OS X are attributed as OS X vulnerabilities because OS X includes them by default so this artificially inflates the number of vulnerabilities in OS X when looking at vulnerability comparisons.
I really doubt they double count things like that, given they're counted separately. I suppose there might be some validity to it if they did.
These components have worse security in Windows. How these vulnerabilities manifest in Windows is through Internet Explorer.
jessica.
Apr 25, 09:13 AM
Interesting coincidence. I just got off the line with someone who just told me how her brother was killed 2 weeks ago in a car wreck. A 16 year old was doing 55 in a 35 in a brand new Toyota truck, he hit her brother, t-boned, and he was killed instantly.
So yes, at 16 when you're speeding, you're clearly an awesome and safe driver. :rolleyes: I'm sure this could have happened to anyone by anyone, but at 16 in a nice fancy new car, I'm betting you're more impressed with yourself than you are with the laws on the road.
I'm 20 going 2x the speed limit, in this case the posted limit is 80mph (my car won't go any faster...)
safe driving has nothing to do with age, in face most elderly people are utterly horrible drivers. It all has to do with attention span, (which elderly people just don't have all together) to the point, so long as no one/thing is distracting most young people are great drives.
edit: @xboxer75010 hahahahahahahah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZQ-Z6lASI
I disagree. At 16 you lack the years of experience that come in handy when traveling at such high speeds. However, I agree with yg17, it's a bell curve. Elderly people seem to regress into the 16 year old drivers of today. (well some, some 16 year olds think driving 20 mph over the limit is safe and funtastic!)
So yes, at 16 when you're speeding, you're clearly an awesome and safe driver. :rolleyes: I'm sure this could have happened to anyone by anyone, but at 16 in a nice fancy new car, I'm betting you're more impressed with yourself than you are with the laws on the road.
I'm 20 going 2x the speed limit, in this case the posted limit is 80mph (my car won't go any faster...)
safe driving has nothing to do with age, in face most elderly people are utterly horrible drivers. It all has to do with attention span, (which elderly people just don't have all together) to the point, so long as no one/thing is distracting most young people are great drives.
edit: @xboxer75010 hahahahahahahah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZQ-Z6lASI
I disagree. At 16 you lack the years of experience that come in handy when traveling at such high speeds. However, I agree with yg17, it's a bell curve. Elderly people seem to regress into the 16 year old drivers of today. (well some, some 16 year olds think driving 20 mph over the limit is safe and funtastic!)
poppe
Sep 5, 10:02 PM
My Guess:
Just think if that Data Center Apple bought was acctually a place to store alll the studios movies. Then you pay 9.99 for the rights to what ever movie and it is streamed Slingbox style to your Airport Extreme that has HDMI, Component, Composite etc outlets for your TV. Then you have your movie you bought anytime all the time but never have to take storage of your own, and never have to deal with downloading or anything.
You heard it hear first!
Just think if that Data Center Apple bought was acctually a place to store alll the studios movies. Then you pay 9.99 for the rights to what ever movie and it is streamed Slingbox style to your Airport Extreme that has HDMI, Component, Composite etc outlets for your TV. Then you have your movie you bought anytime all the time but never have to take storage of your own, and never have to deal with downloading or anything.
You heard it hear first!
aloshka
Apr 4, 12:00 PM
Seems unfair to kill someone for robbery. Yes they're breaking the law, but only deserve a prison sentence. Do you really really think someone should be shot and killed for attempting to steal a few laptops and smash a few windows? If you do then man you have issues.
Well if there are no real consequences to carrying a gun, and shooting it at guards since I might only be facing jail time, it sounds like criminals should try more often. I mean hell, that's a big safety net, they should have tried banks better pay off and they can try multiple times since the only consequence is possible jail time.
Well if there are no real consequences to carrying a gun, and shooting it at guards since I might only be facing jail time, it sounds like criminals should try more often. I mean hell, that's a big safety net, they should have tried banks better pay off and they can try multiple times since the only consequence is possible jail time.
ValSalva
Apr 25, 02:25 PM
Maybe this MacBook Pro update will incorporate a retina display which the high resolution wallpaper in Lion hints at.
jjhny
Mar 23, 06:23 PM
Drunk people aren't gonna be coherent enough to check their phones for check points. Let's the other sane people avoid the added traffic.
Exactly correct. I am actually more afraid of someone texting while driving. Now that actually scares me more... and how do we stop that? Make handheld devices illegal! There, more lives saved. Outlaw the iphone, android, etc.
I would say outlaw all cell phones that have text capability (/sarc).
Exactly correct. I am actually more afraid of someone texting while driving. Now that actually scares me more... and how do we stop that? Make handheld devices illegal! There, more lives saved. Outlaw the iphone, android, etc.
I would say outlaw all cell phones that have text capability (/sarc).
cirus
Apr 22, 08:54 PM
An important detail is that one needs to add the graphics TDP to those Intel numbers, so there's still hope for some Llano goodness.
uh... They already are included. The graphics processor is on the die and the TDP of the chip is for the CPU and the GPU. So do the Llano CPU.
At least wikipedia it.
uh... They already are included. The graphics processor is on the die and the TDP of the chip is for the CPU and the GPU. So do the Llano CPU.
At least wikipedia it.
Sabenth
Aug 23, 05:31 PM
So dose this mean ms can sue apple if they decided to use wifi in ipods ????
No comments:
Post a Comment