lordonuthin
Nov 21, 06:45 PM
yes, you need a passkey to get the bonus. and you won't get the bonus until you have 10 units with that passkey.
but please let us know how long it takes to do a frame. i would like to know how that machine does
That sounds like a great machine that could do better than my new mac pro according to the front page here at MacRumors :eek:
but please let us know how long it takes to do a frame. i would like to know how that machine does
That sounds like a great machine that could do better than my new mac pro according to the front page here at MacRumors :eek:
Chris Bangle
Aug 16, 03:27 PM
Couldn't the option to listen to Sirius be just another menu item?
Bookmarking a song could be as simple as hitting one of the buttons on the click wheel.
Satellite radio is just beginning. Why not partner up now and set the standard. Sirius subscribers would consider buying an ipod, current ipod owners like myself would want to upgrade...
FORGET SIRIUS... Its not gonna happen. Why implement somthing that can ony be used in the USA. There are more countries in the world thaty buy ipods. If you want sirius buy a device with sirius, dont put this crap which only you people can use on ipods.
Bookmarking a song could be as simple as hitting one of the buttons on the click wheel.
Satellite radio is just beginning. Why not partner up now and set the standard. Sirius subscribers would consider buying an ipod, current ipod owners like myself would want to upgrade...
FORGET SIRIUS... Its not gonna happen. Why implement somthing that can ony be used in the USA. There are more countries in the world thaty buy ipods. If you want sirius buy a device with sirius, dont put this crap which only you people can use on ipods.
risc
Nov 29, 01:36 PM
and hinted that that theme gave a "little idea of where [Apple] is going."
It's true then; Apple are releasing a toilet with an iPod dock! SWEET!!!! :eek:
It's true then; Apple are releasing a toilet with an iPod dock! SWEET!!!! :eek:
applekid
Jul 18, 08:20 AM
Good news and bad news. Movies good, rental bad if not offered with sale. However, if rentals are cheap, I'd probably just as soon rent so i could buy the physical disc which would be much higher quality anyway.
If rentals go for like 99 cents for a given amount of time, I'd probably try the movie with a rental and go out and buy the DVD if I want a high-quality movie with all of the extras that I could always rip. For a lot of the iTunes shows, I might buy an episode, but I usually just rip them from my DVDs to have high quality rips on my computer and a separate rip if I want to transfer them to my Palm (got no video iPod...)
As long as the pricing and rental term is fair, this should be a decent system. It definitely should be close to 99 cents a day. The cheapest physical movie rental service I can think of is RedBox (http://www.redbox.com/) which is $1 a night. Maybe Steve worked out a good deal to do a buck or two for a week.
If rentals go for like 99 cents for a given amount of time, I'd probably try the movie with a rental and go out and buy the DVD if I want a high-quality movie with all of the extras that I could always rip. For a lot of the iTunes shows, I might buy an episode, but I usually just rip them from my DVDs to have high quality rips on my computer and a separate rip if I want to transfer them to my Palm (got no video iPod...)
As long as the pricing and rental term is fair, this should be a decent system. It definitely should be close to 99 cents a day. The cheapest physical movie rental service I can think of is RedBox (http://www.redbox.com/) which is $1 a night. Maybe Steve worked out a good deal to do a buck or two for a week.
Detlev
Jul 18, 08:42 PM
- People don't watch movies over and over like they do songs
Ah, I must not be people then and kids must not be either. How many times have you seen [pick your favorite movie] on DVD?
- Renting is cheaper than buying
Actually, that is not true UNLESS you are one of the people you mentioned above and then it would still depend on where or how you are getting rentals. Then you would have to state whether you mean per viewing or per title.
The rest I agree with.
Ah, I must not be people then and kids must not be either. How many times have you seen [pick your favorite movie] on DVD?
- Renting is cheaper than buying
Actually, that is not true UNLESS you are one of the people you mentioned above and then it would still depend on where or how you are getting rentals. Then you would have to state whether you mean per viewing or per title.
The rest I agree with.
tedrjr03
Aug 27, 01:11 AM
I hope that this is all true because i plan on picking up a new intelimac or mini.
OllyW
Apr 10, 11:11 AM
I've never been impressed with them but the last time I used an auto was in 1983 so I've obviously never tried any of the fancy auto shifting modern cars.
I don't have a problem using a left hand drive car with manual gears, you just use your other hand. :D
I don't have a problem using a left hand drive car with manual gears, you just use your other hand. :D
mi5moav
Jul 19, 07:02 PM
Well, during 2000-2001 that was a long waiting period for OSX... and then of course during the Q4 of 2001 we had 9-11
MagnusVonMagnum
Sep 17, 03:34 PM
so the iphone 4 is their highest rated phone ever, based on their tests and they do not recommend it. Doesn't that mean they need to fix their rating system?
No, it means the product has an intermittent defect unrelated to the otherwise stellar performance.
Point is that it IS their best phone. So Apple set out to make the best phone and CR's own testing validates that!
You don't seem to know the difference between a terminal defect and a high performing product. If a Toyota vehicle tests better than anything else out there in every normal category yet has a defect that while rare could kill you (i.e. no brakes or massive unintended acceleration), some readers JUST MIGHT want to know about that defect. And a magazine could in no good conscience recommend a vehicle that has a potentially fatal flaw even if in every other area it's wonderful. While the iPhone is not a "fatal" flaw, it is a potentially terminal one. If the thing is constantly dropping calls simply because you naturally tend to cover the antenna with your hand (for whatever reason), you should probably be aware of this. Given all previous iPhones did not have this problem, it SHOULD be pointed out so consumers can make an INFORMED DECISION.
But you and the other apologists on here (and that's being nice) seem to think they should ignore massive defects or that their tests are somehow flawed even though this is not a normal "testable" function. It's an intermittent DEFECT that Apple admits exists yet they do not seem to want to fix. If Toyota came out and said "we know some of our cars will potentially accelerate out of control, but we've decided we won't fix it but instead will wait for you to call us after you've discovered YOUR car has that problem" (assuming you survive it when it happens to you), I think there would be a more than a bit of uproar.... Oh wait. THAT is EXACTLY what they did and that's exactly what happened. :rolleyes:
Don't worry. I don't expect you or any of the other Apple apologists to "get" it. You're too in love with Steve and Apple to think logically at this point. All you know is that people are ragging on the love of your life and you want it to stop!
You like others who have bought into the google backed media campaign are totally dismissive of the top rating the phone actually got from CR and only focusing on the cannot recommend aspect. If CR cannot recommend their best product, then their rating system is flawed. End of story. Why should apple recall the top rated product in history!
So now there's a Google conspiracy as well? LOL. :D
All it comes down to is that defective products should be fixed by the companies that make them. Apple doesn't want to do it because they are greedy. They don't want to support their computers for more than two years these days for the same reason. They are greedy. They want you to keep buying more products more often. They don't care about long-term customers anymore because they want repeat short-term customers instead. Just wait for iPhone 5. That one will fix it. iTunes 10 is buggy as heck and crashes your computer all the time? Just wait for iTunes 11 to fix it, but be prepared to buy a new computer to use it because it won't work on anything older than Snow Leopard. Sorry, but that's not good business and it's starting to alienate some of us big time.
so what you are saying is that if you want to buy the best smart phone according to consumer reports it would be the iphone 4.
so you are agreeing that the iphone 4 is the best smart phone out there.
because if you don't believe it is the best smart phone, then it means you don't agree with consumer reports. So you are in the same boat with those who do not agree with consumer reports...
so you either defend consumer reports and also agree the iphone 4 is the best phone ever or disagree with them, which puts you in the same boat as those who you accuse of being less than you are.
apple set out to make the best phone....according to consumer reports they succeeded. accept that fact and move on.
Ok, based on your double post and complete illogic I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your age is rather, shall we say, very young because what you are saying makes about as much sense as saying someone who is against drunk driving is against alcohol as well because they're so obviously mutually exclusive. :rolleyes:
No, it means the product has an intermittent defect unrelated to the otherwise stellar performance.
Point is that it IS their best phone. So Apple set out to make the best phone and CR's own testing validates that!
You don't seem to know the difference between a terminal defect and a high performing product. If a Toyota vehicle tests better than anything else out there in every normal category yet has a defect that while rare could kill you (i.e. no brakes or massive unintended acceleration), some readers JUST MIGHT want to know about that defect. And a magazine could in no good conscience recommend a vehicle that has a potentially fatal flaw even if in every other area it's wonderful. While the iPhone is not a "fatal" flaw, it is a potentially terminal one. If the thing is constantly dropping calls simply because you naturally tend to cover the antenna with your hand (for whatever reason), you should probably be aware of this. Given all previous iPhones did not have this problem, it SHOULD be pointed out so consumers can make an INFORMED DECISION.
But you and the other apologists on here (and that's being nice) seem to think they should ignore massive defects or that their tests are somehow flawed even though this is not a normal "testable" function. It's an intermittent DEFECT that Apple admits exists yet they do not seem to want to fix. If Toyota came out and said "we know some of our cars will potentially accelerate out of control, but we've decided we won't fix it but instead will wait for you to call us after you've discovered YOUR car has that problem" (assuming you survive it when it happens to you), I think there would be a more than a bit of uproar.... Oh wait. THAT is EXACTLY what they did and that's exactly what happened. :rolleyes:
Don't worry. I don't expect you or any of the other Apple apologists to "get" it. You're too in love with Steve and Apple to think logically at this point. All you know is that people are ragging on the love of your life and you want it to stop!
You like others who have bought into the google backed media campaign are totally dismissive of the top rating the phone actually got from CR and only focusing on the cannot recommend aspect. If CR cannot recommend their best product, then their rating system is flawed. End of story. Why should apple recall the top rated product in history!
So now there's a Google conspiracy as well? LOL. :D
All it comes down to is that defective products should be fixed by the companies that make them. Apple doesn't want to do it because they are greedy. They don't want to support their computers for more than two years these days for the same reason. They are greedy. They want you to keep buying more products more often. They don't care about long-term customers anymore because they want repeat short-term customers instead. Just wait for iPhone 5. That one will fix it. iTunes 10 is buggy as heck and crashes your computer all the time? Just wait for iTunes 11 to fix it, but be prepared to buy a new computer to use it because it won't work on anything older than Snow Leopard. Sorry, but that's not good business and it's starting to alienate some of us big time.
so what you are saying is that if you want to buy the best smart phone according to consumer reports it would be the iphone 4.
so you are agreeing that the iphone 4 is the best smart phone out there.
because if you don't believe it is the best smart phone, then it means you don't agree with consumer reports. So you are in the same boat with those who do not agree with consumer reports...
so you either defend consumer reports and also agree the iphone 4 is the best phone ever or disagree with them, which puts you in the same boat as those who you accuse of being less than you are.
apple set out to make the best phone....according to consumer reports they succeeded. accept that fact and move on.
Ok, based on your double post and complete illogic I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your age is rather, shall we say, very young because what you are saying makes about as much sense as saying someone who is against drunk driving is against alcohol as well because they're so obviously mutually exclusive. :rolleyes:
TangoCharlie
Sep 1, 11:59 AM
Wow. That would be great news. I'd think about one of those instead of a mac pro.... please make it have fw800. Then I really would take it over a pro.
That's exactly why Apple differentiates its product lines. They want you to fork out for a Pro :)
Equally, they DON'T want you to buy a Dell..... which is why I think they will introduce a "desktop" Mac.... But hey, it might not come with FW800 :(
That's exactly why Apple differentiates its product lines. They want you to fork out for a Pro :)
Equally, they DON'T want you to buy a Dell..... which is why I think they will introduce a "desktop" Mac.... But hey, it might not come with FW800 :(
Hans Brix
Apr 14, 12:10 AM
I love driving manuals. Don't have one currently, because I needed to trade it in for a minivan. After this is paid off in a year, I'll be looking to purchase a MT car again.
mavis
Sep 14, 03:45 PM
When will it stop??
Maybe when Apple fixes their **** design so that my $600 phone doesn't say "No Service" every time I make the mistake of holding it with my left hand instead of my right. :mad:
Maybe when Apple fixes their **** design so that my $600 phone doesn't say "No Service" every time I make the mistake of holding it with my left hand instead of my right. :mad:
aswitcher
Jan 12, 04:14 PM
MacBook Air
(exclusive Specs)
Has 0 Ports (just power)
Connects to "new wireless device almost like airport express..which to that you can hook up...."
dvd/cd burner
usb ports for iPods/iPhones etc
printers etc
Has slim hard drive
6-8hours battery
I cant use a device that doesn't have USB so when away from my desk I can use thumbdrives, external drives, ethernet connections, fw for timemachine when I am traveling. So for me whilst a dock may help allot my ideal machine needs a few ports else its going to be much less useful.
At a minimum I need
Power, USB, Ethernet, audio in/out.
Ideally I want
FW 400, DVI (mini or full),
And really
FW800, SATA
(exclusive Specs)
Has 0 Ports (just power)
Connects to "new wireless device almost like airport express..which to that you can hook up...."
dvd/cd burner
usb ports for iPods/iPhones etc
printers etc
Has slim hard drive
6-8hours battery
I cant use a device that doesn't have USB so when away from my desk I can use thumbdrives, external drives, ethernet connections, fw for timemachine when I am traveling. So for me whilst a dock may help allot my ideal machine needs a few ports else its going to be much less useful.
At a minimum I need
Power, USB, Ethernet, audio in/out.
Ideally I want
FW 400, DVI (mini or full),
And really
FW800, SATA
InuNacho
Apr 19, 03:17 PM
My early 08 Macbook makes for a crummy desktop and I have been wanting a new TV for a while now. If Apple's having that free ipod with Mac purchase this summer I'm sold.
iphone3gs16gb
Jan 9, 04:35 PM
I was finally able to take my own pics of my just acquired '88 BMW 325is with M50B25TU engine swap. Darn this car is quick and handles so very well.
Don't mind my nerdy self, It's who I am and I have come to accept it over a decade ago:D
http://oomsgfx.com/misc/Posts%20on%20Forums/E30%20pics/DSC_4945.jpg
http://oomsgfx.com/misc/Posts%20on%20Forums/E30%20pics/DSC_4961.jpg
http://oomsgfx.com/misc/Posts%20on%20Forums/E30%20pics/DSC_4998.jpg
http://oomsgfx.com/misc/Posts%20on%20Forums/E30%20pics/DSC_5027.jpg
That bimmer is my dream car...it looks so clean and well cared for
how much did you get it for?
Don't mind my nerdy self, It's who I am and I have come to accept it over a decade ago:D
http://oomsgfx.com/misc/Posts%20on%20Forums/E30%20pics/DSC_4945.jpg
http://oomsgfx.com/misc/Posts%20on%20Forums/E30%20pics/DSC_4961.jpg
http://oomsgfx.com/misc/Posts%20on%20Forums/E30%20pics/DSC_4998.jpg
http://oomsgfx.com/misc/Posts%20on%20Forums/E30%20pics/DSC_5027.jpg
That bimmer is my dream car...it looks so clean and well cared for
how much did you get it for?
Cubert
Jul 19, 03:46 PM
Boooo-Yahhhh!
Quoth Jim Cramer.
Quoth Jim Cramer.
CaptMurdock
Nov 28, 12:51 PM
I like that concept... not owning a microwave. Encourages you to eat fresh and reheat things the proper way. :)
When our last microwave broke, we replaced it with a toaster oven. As for popcorn, we got a hot air popper. Much healthier.
http://www.popcornpopperreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Presto-Poplite-Hot-Air-Popcorn-Popper.jpg
When our last microwave broke, we replaced it with a toaster oven. As for popcorn, we got a hot air popper. Much healthier.
http://www.popcornpopperreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Presto-Poplite-Hot-Air-Popcorn-Popper.jpg

chutch15
Sep 20, 07:48 AM
ah, thanks clarifying that. it was kind of hard to tell from some of the pictures. their website said something about "direct access". is it hard to get to the buttons? especially the sleep button?
There is direct access (i.e. no flaps, etc.) to the charging port, headphone jack and speaker (all on the bottom of the device). The buttons are all covered. Love this case.
There is direct access (i.e. no flaps, etc.) to the charging port, headphone jack and speaker (all on the bottom of the device). The buttons are all covered. Love this case.
jgould
Feb 22, 07:36 PM
My current setup, along with a bunch of stuff from work on my desk...
Agaetis Byrjun
Feb 22, 09:47 PM
Those toolboxes are quite expensive. Any reason you chose one of those over, say, a plastic rolling cart from Ikea?
No Ikea for about 500 miles from me. They made a ton of different series from cheap crap to the really nice stuff. Mine was the middle on the line and was $179.00 on sales.
No Ikea for about 500 miles from me. They made a ton of different series from cheap crap to the really nice stuff. Mine was the middle on the line and was $179.00 on sales.
milo
Aug 29, 11:50 AM
Apple's laptop sales have soared in the last 12 months or so, while desktop sales have seen quite a drop. A price cut to the Mini might go some way to rectifying that problem.
I assume that was *before* the mac pro shipped? I'd expect dropping sales before that, but you're not saying they've continued to drop after the Pro release? And are you including iMacs as part of desktop machines?
I assume that was *before* the mac pro shipped? I'd expect dropping sales before that, but you're not saying they've continued to drop after the Pro release? And are you including iMacs as part of desktop machines?
jake4ever
Apr 1, 09:22 PM
Look at this:
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/pegasusbsb27/ScreenShot2011-03-31at131303.png
Sometimes when I open any Finder window it does not show the Side Bar...Anyone having the same "experience"?...Any solution?;)
Having the same problem here. Dragging the bar out makes it white...
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/pegasusbsb27/ScreenShot2011-03-31at131303.png
Sometimes when I open any Finder window it does not show the Side Bar...Anyone having the same "experience"?...Any solution?;)
Having the same problem here. Dragging the bar out makes it white...
mattwolfmatt
Sep 14, 10:17 AM
...my iPhone 4 still gets the best reception of any phone I've ever owned, regardless of how I hold it or whether or not it has a case on it...
Ditto for me. I can't believe I waffled between 3GS, HTC Incredible, and iPhone 4. With 3GS 30% of my calls were dropped, with iPhone 4, 0%. Had it since July 5.
Ditto for me. I can't believe I waffled between 3GS, HTC Incredible, and iPhone 4. With 3GS 30% of my calls were dropped, with iPhone 4, 0%. Had it since July 5.
saxondale.
Feb 20, 03:49 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5170/5322249630_f13fec39df_z.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment