Friday, May 20, 2011

harry potter casting a spell

harry potter casting a spell. Harry Potter wants you to cast
  • Harry Potter wants you to cast



  • Multimedia
    Aug 31, 03:45 AM
    I don't think that is always the case. In this case, specifically, we are likely looking at the high end mini bumping down to the low end price range, and the high end being a new machine. That would meant that the high end mini is basically getting a price drop, which would push the refurb price down: the refurb Core Duo mini is currently MORE than a new Core Solo. I'd definitely expect to see Duos get a price drop in the refurb store if the new mini line up is 1.66 duo and 1.83 duo.Yes I agree that is what you would expect as would I. But it doesn't work that way. They are more than likely to stay just where they are.

    Look at how old some of that stuff is from 2005 - a few even from 2004 - there and how they are still priced as if they hadn't long ago been replaced by more powerful models. Makes no sense. But there it is to study and see. :confused: :eek:

    They're still selling Quad G5's for $2799 which is rediculous.





    harry potter casting a spell. Harry Potter cast a magical
  • Harry Potter cast a magical



  • twoodcc
    Oct 15, 09:32 AM
    well guys, i might be cutting back even more for right now. heat is becoming an issue. i made a thread about it here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=8645334#post8645334). at my current rate, i think i'll have the air on in my apartment in the dead of winter!





    harry potter casting a spell. Aw, so Harry Potter can#39;t seem
  • Aw, so Harry Potter can#39;t seem



  • finchna
    Oct 23, 09:20 AM
    Apple needs to get away from making such a big deal our of small updates (processor change) as Intel will have such things changing more often than motorola or ibm ever did. apple should reserve such announcements and hoopla for major revisions or complete overhauls. based on recent benchmarks there is little performance improvement in these new chips save for the speed bump.





    harry potter casting a spell. That#39;s Harry casting the spell
  • That#39;s Harry casting the spell



  • D34thPwny
    Jan 2, 12:09 AM
    In any case, it should be really cool and innovative!
    You know, 'cause, they never do that...





    harry potter casting a spell. Haha just watch Harry Potter
  • Haha just watch Harry Potter



  • wvuwhat
    Nov 26, 06:54 PM
    http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-8952306dt.jpg

    Picked up a wireless sensor bar to go with the red Wii I bought the other day. I use eneloops, so I don't care that it eats batteries.

    That said... I *DESPERATELY* need a new TV. My Wii is waaaay to blurry/dark on my old rear projection HDTV, even with component cables. I'm so used to playing games on my 1200p LCD, that the Wii was actually *difficult* to play.

    I'm looking everywhere for a good 32" 1080p TV; figured being black friday I'd be able to find something for around $300. Doesn't seem to be the case at all, unless you're going with no-names.

    I don't want to spend any more, because at that point I may as well just save up an buy a nice, big, 3D LEDTV when I move in May. Just want something "temporary".

    UGH... Buying stuff starts a domino effect... :o


    I'd go with the panasonic X2:

    http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-L32X2-32-Inch-720p-HDTV/dp/B0039213XY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290819051&sr=8-1

    You don't need anything more than 720p at 32"'s, unless you're looking into using it as a computer monitor as well. The reviews seem to be pretty good on these sets and it comes with an ipod dock. I've seen the Amazon price dip down to 330 or so in the past few weeks, so I'd keep an eye on it if you can wait.

    If you've got concerns about buying a TV from Amazon, I'll throw a nod to their customer service and shipping. I've now ordered 3 tv's from them and have had nothing but pleasurable experiences, plus the no tax thing in most states is a good thing.





    harry potter casting a spell. Indeed, spell-casting and
  • Indeed, spell-casting and



  • cyclotron451
    Nov 16, 07:37 AM
    Notwithstandign such long-standing facts, there are still some MS fanboys here who think Windows is better for multicore usage (not to mention multitasking, which has been ALWAYS better in OS X)... :rolleyes:

    Zune is dead, Windows is dead...face it.

    Well, with the Intel Core roadmap for 2016 possibly getting up to close to 300 heterogeneous cores per motherboard/PC, certainly Windows is out of the race but OS XX 20.x will have to have evolved to probably DAML/OWL Semantic Web Ontology based, with System Strategy and System Policy Reasoners, i.e. a Cognitive OS with a flexible Operating Envelope. I think that would definitely make Safari snappier!





    harry potter casting a spell. Introducing: Harry Potter
  • Introducing: Harry Potter



  • jgould
    Feb 23, 11:38 AM
    iMark,

    Nice and clean. I love simple setups.





    harry potter casting a spell. One of HARRY POTTER#39;s magical
  • One of HARRY POTTER#39;s magical



  • appleguy123
    Mar 20, 03:49 PM
    I agree.

    I think that if the App Store wasn't regulated, this app would clearly have standing to be in there, as would an app that was misogynistic, anti-semitic, or pro-flatulence.

    However, Apple (and Steve Jobs in particular) has said that the App Store is meant to "protect" people from certain things (namely porn). Since Apple has the right to determine what goes into its store, I think it's fair to ask that an app that is more offensive than porn (most people disagree with this type of "therapy" and approve of homosexuality compared to the level of disagreement there is with porn) should be similarly removed from the App Store.

    I think there's also a Pandora's Box in that if this App delves into trying to "cure" people of some non-existent psychosis, could Apple be guilty of aiding and abetting the practice of medicine/psychology without a license? I'm not saying there's an answer to this, but it certainly does leave the door open to more problems.

    There are homeopathic apps in the AppStore. Those won't work any better than this 'pray the gay away' app, but they still are allowed in the store.





    harry potter casting a spell. J.K. Rowling considering Harry
  • J.K. Rowling considering Harry



  • Rodimus Prime
    Mar 22, 12:24 PM
    Apple is paying the price for the crap it did early on and still is doing with no clear rules on what is approved and disapproved.
    Inconsistently rejecting apps.

    Apple should never of gotten in the screening business and now they are trying to back out.





    harry potter casting a spell. the Harry Potter series.
  • the Harry Potter series.



  • Shananra
    Aug 7, 12:28 AM
    Anybody have any idea when the video of the event will be posted based on the past? How quick do they get it online?





    harry potter casting a spell. Cast-a-Spell handbook - Harry
  • Cast-a-Spell handbook - Harry



  • Platform
    Jul 15, 02:41 AM
    Does anyone know whether the regular BluRay & HD-DVD players have HDMI connectors? Also, when is HDMI going to become more common on video cards?

    Yes:

    There is hardly any reason for the video cards to go with HDMI, they have DVI its the same, just HDMI carries audio as well, we don't need our audio mixed with our video processing ;)





    harry potter casting a spell. Harry Potter seeks Mystery
  • Harry Potter seeks Mystery



  • twoodcc
    Nov 27, 04:59 PM
    well it depends on the resolution of the monitor. i don't really see this a big deal affecting me, but i can see alot of people buying them though. maybe it's good for Apple, but unless the 20" price comes down, doesn't really help me any





    harry potter casting a spell. Home -gt; Harry Potter Cast
  • Home -gt; Harry Potter Cast



  • Meandmunch
    Mar 25, 04:02 PM
    Very cool!

    By the time the big game console companies (xbox, PS3) finally decide it's time to move forward with a new system (2014-15 is what has been projected), a device as mundane as an iPhone sporting a A7-A8 processor will blow right past existing console tech. iDevices and there closest competitors will be biting deeply into console market share.





    harry potter casting a spell. Harry Potter has cast a spell
  • Harry Potter has cast a spell



  • kelving525
    Sep 22, 03:28 PM
    I just ordered this Night Sky Grip Vue from the Best buy website for local pickup. Looks pretty nice. I liked the look of the case, but hated the two colors my local BB has... the baby blue, and pink.

    Up till now I've been using the 99 cent Hong Kong cases, and they work pretty well, but are lint magnets, and fall off sometimes when you stick them in or pull them out of your jean pockets.

    Thanks for posting those pictures. It helped me make up my mind.

    Glad you're getting one!! It fits really well and won't slip out compared to the silicone case. I don't understand why Belkin can't make some normal colors, though. The bright colors look nice, but I would NOT want to be seen around with it under certain occasions. ;)





    harry potter casting a spell. Harry Potter star Daniel
  • Harry Potter star Daniel



  • Link2999
    Sep 18, 04:16 PM
    Waiting for the iClear: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin+Technology+-+iClear+Case+with+Arm+Band+for+4th-Generation+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B+touch/1207257.p?id=1218234048743&skuId=1207257&st=griffin%20iclear&cp=1&lp=5

    Love the iClear, been using it on my 1st Gen since I bought it. The 2 Piece Design offers the most protection of any case I've seen.





    harry potter casting a spell. E3 09: LEGO Harry Potter
  • E3 09: LEGO Harry Potter



  • macidiot
    Jul 19, 04:33 PM
    When the "real" machines are out, Vista will be out as well. Unless Leopard has revolutionary improvements, the difference between Windows and OSX+iLife would be much less than that it is today. I would still appreciate the UNIX under the hood, but I doubt most consumers care. If Mac sales or market share starts to come down a bit due to fewer switchers, the share price could easily crash.

    Vista vs. Leopard is a moot point. There is enough pent up demand for high end desktops to fuel growth for some time. Switchers aren't material in this market. Besides, desktop buyers aren't waiting for Leopard, they are waiting for universal binaries from Adobe.

    Vista will have zero near term effect. The simple truth is that you won't see widespread adoption of Vista for at least 12-18 months. And that is assuming Vista actually ships when it is supposed to. Which is no sure thing.

    As for the consumer, what they care about is stability and security. imo, that is what is getting switchers. Your right that they don't care how it's being done. However, Vista will be far more secure than xp when it comes out. At least for a month or so. It will take at least a few weeks for good malware to come out for it...





    harry potter casting a spell. Harry Potter learns many
  • Harry Potter learns many



  • lordonuthin
    Apr 14, 12:50 AM
    What computers do you have operating to get those points? You must be an IT admin or something surely they are not your computers?

    Actually they ARE all mine along with the electric bill and heat :p I have 4 amd athlon x2 4400+ machines which don't produce vary many points, a phenom x4 9600, a phenom II x4 965 black with 3 gpu's, core i7 920 with 3 gpu's and a 2009 Mac Pro 2x2.66 cpu's running bigadv units. The gpu's are 2 x GT 260 and 4 x GTX 275. I know that is a bit of money and the power bill is quite high, but hey it's a thing to spend money on I suppose. I could spend it on my house and yard which could use it but...

    At work we have a pile of new Nehalem Dell's and IBM power 7's that I would love to fold on but I can't do that because it would interfere with the work they have to do which is bio science related as well. And well, I would lose my job... they aren't very keen on personal use of company hardware.





    harry potter casting a spell. One official Harry Potter wand
  • One official Harry Potter wand



  • Al1n
    Apr 11, 07:26 AM
    I never drove a manual in my life. LOL.
    So, no, i can't drive a stick shift car. :)





    harry potter casting a spell. The Wizarding World of Harry
  • The Wizarding World of Harry



  • skinniezinho
    Nov 27, 07:38 AM
    Where did you buy that watch and for how much? I really like it :o


    I bought it on a friend's store@45eur but it is available @50eur on almost every watch store.
    Check it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSP6Qj8PDk).





    mags631
    Sep 14, 11:13 AM
    http://tinyurl.com/yed7h3p

    Non sequitur.





    aafuss1
    Sep 6, 06:06 PM
    Bet the combo and Superdrives are all unchanged-the suppliers the same as February's model. And all Core Duo makes sense.
    No HDMI or Blu-Ray though (but could jack the price up-so best left for 24" iMac's first revision in 2007)





    SchneiderMan
    Sep 16, 06:22 PM
    The Incipio DermaSHOT would have better quality, right?

    It should I don't know really. It might have more silicone in it which is what you want.





    Lord Blackadder
    Mar 12, 04:22 PM
    EDIT: I forgot to post this earlier: a GM spokesman has denied (http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/feb/22/diesel-cruze-report-refuted/) that the North American Cruze diesel has gotten the green light for production. He seems to imply that GM is waiting to gauge reactions to the existing Cruze lineup before making a decision on a diesel option. So, no new information really. It's obviously a product under consideration, but it seems unlikely we'd see it in showrooms till late next year at the earliest.

    Talking about stolen design.... Hyundai i30... BMW 1 series... look familiar? I swear they have the exact same back panel! BMW had the look first then all of a sudden hyundai made a car that looks like a 1 series from a distance until u get to see the badge

    There is a certain similarity, but I chalk that up mostly to the family resemblance between almost all 5-door hatchbacks, especially in the rear end. Besides, the i30 is a FF economy car while the 1 Series is a FR luxury sport hatch, and many other car manufacturers have been aping BMW's style for decades.





    MacFanJeff
    Mar 26, 04:00 AM
    While professionals can say bye bye to nVidia's CUDA processing and PhysX.
    :-(

    ATI/AMD is doing what they can, developing an OpenCL driven bullet physics port to Maya but they always seem to be one step behind - announcing a plugin for Maya 2011 in the same week that Autodesk announced that nVidia Physx is being integrated directly into Maya 2012 with real time physx cloth deformation, rigid body dynamics, and physx accelerated calculations for DMM destruction.

    On the windows side, 3ds Max is getting Physx integration, too. Open CL is cool but it's got some ground to make up in the application world.

    If you refer to my prior post in this thread, I too am a professional 3D content creator. As things stand currently, all software I use take better advantage of nVidia compared to ATI. Most of what I use prefer "CUDA" cores and eventually more "PhysX" integration.

    This is why I can no longer use Apple at all in my work, I can not come close to getting what I can from a pair of 580 GTX factory OC cards in SLI for a Mac Pro. In fact, most of what Apple offers is still behind the curve.

    It is the single area where Apple fails and I know from attending conferences that most of the big names simply don't care because they do not have enough users on that platform to matter. Don't get me wrong, I still think Apple is great for most all other areas and I recommend them to family and friends. But for the 3D professional market, there is no way I can use Apple without making many sacrifices.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment