WeegieMac
Apr 2, 02:39 AM
As far as I know, Snow Leopard "fixed" what Leopard started. Mac OS X Lion is a completely new OS with new features, most of which are not present in Snow Leopard.
See, I would have to disagree with that.
All of the framework, the underlaying core system changes, were done in Leopard and then refined in Snow Leopard.
All Lion is adding, from what I've seen, is interface changes and some new features that, lets be honest, not every user is going to bother with. Sure, Launchpad looks nice, even in it's frame rate lacking beta form, and Mission Control is a new take on Expose, but other than that it's iOS inspired UI changes, a new version of Safari, and some application interface changes (Mail & iCal come to mind).
I don't think Lion will be a �29/$29 upgrade, but I think given that it'll launch on the Mac App Store, it will follow the example of iLife and Aperture and be cheaper to purchase online than it is off the shelf in a box.
See, I would have to disagree with that.
All of the framework, the underlaying core system changes, were done in Leopard and then refined in Snow Leopard.
All Lion is adding, from what I've seen, is interface changes and some new features that, lets be honest, not every user is going to bother with. Sure, Launchpad looks nice, even in it's frame rate lacking beta form, and Mission Control is a new take on Expose, but other than that it's iOS inspired UI changes, a new version of Safari, and some application interface changes (Mail & iCal come to mind).
I don't think Lion will be a �29/$29 upgrade, but I think given that it'll launch on the Mac App Store, it will follow the example of iLife and Aperture and be cheaper to purchase online than it is off the shelf in a box.
aafuss1
Aug 29, 06:34 PM
No Blu-Ray, as slot load would not be able to have enough cooling-leave it for next Mac Pro.
Combo drive disappears, and is now EDU only. All retail now have DVD burning as standard-like on the iMac. Core Duo on all 2 configs. Perhaps a air-cooled GPU with dedicated RAM for the best modfel.
Combo drive disappears, and is now EDU only. All retail now have DVD burning as standard-like on the iMac. Core Duo on all 2 configs. Perhaps a air-cooled GPU with dedicated RAM for the best modfel.
cleanup
Feb 28, 11:47 PM
I stole the stickers from my girlfriend's laptop and netbook. There's a Vista one on my iMac. and it is in fact a 13" STM.
I did the same thing. My girlfriend was tearing the stickers off of her Vaio for some reason, and I decided to stick them on my MBA 11" for fun. Apparently it runs on Vista and has a Centrino 2 in it. Haven't bothered to take them off. Just a bit of fun. Maybe I'll post a photo later.
I did the same thing. My girlfriend was tearing the stickers off of her Vaio for some reason, and I decided to stick them on my MBA 11" for fun. Apparently it runs on Vista and has a Centrino 2 in it. Haven't bothered to take them off. Just a bit of fun. Maybe I'll post a photo later.
stcanard
Nov 28, 04:53 PM
Word? Word's being replaced more and more by e-mail. I used to type my notes in GMail and sometimes I write essays in GMail
You might, but most businesses don't. Look at how many job applications require resumes in MS Word format. Its not the simple letters and essays that are the issue (especially with OOo being so good on import/export) but the complicated documents that come out of managers and product managers. With a resume I ceratainly don't want to risk that their version of word isn't quite compatible with my OOo export, but that's why I send it in PDF since I don't even trust Word.

Long Coat Chihuahua Puppies

Long-haired ChihuahuaChihuahua

brown long haired chihuahua

long haired chihuahua puppies

long haired chihuahua puppy

long haired chihuahua for

4 Long Haired Chihuahua

long haired chihuahua for

long haired chihuahua for sale

my name is roma chihuahua and

long haired chihuahua for

Apple Head Long Hair CHIHUAHUA

Pictures of Long Coat

long haired chihuahua puppy

long haired chihuahua puppy
You might, but most businesses don't. Look at how many job applications require resumes in MS Word format. Its not the simple letters and essays that are the issue (especially with OOo being so good on import/export) but the complicated documents that come out of managers and product managers. With a resume I ceratainly don't want to risk that their version of word isn't quite compatible with my OOo export, but that's why I send it in PDF since I don't even trust Word.
JackAxe
Mar 25, 06:44 PM
This is LAME and I'm say that in the nicest most passive agressive way. ;)
I'm coming from the standpoint of someone that owns a G25 racing wheel, a Track IR 5 head tracker, and racing games and sims all of which support my toys. Games that run dead-locked at 60 fps -- as I enable what's called VSYNC --- at a substantially higher detail level than any low-powered GPU/CPU can currently muster.
I'm coming from the standpoint of someone that owns a G25 racing wheel, a Track IR 5 head tracker, and racing games and sims all of which support my toys. Games that run dead-locked at 60 fps -- as I enable what's called VSYNC --- at a substantially higher detail level than any low-powered GPU/CPU can currently muster.
ctt1wbw
Nov 24, 06:58 PM
Probably the nicest Mac Twitter client I've ever used.
rdowns
Mar 22, 01:03 PM
At my base they picket outside of the entrance gates every thursday. And all military members are to take a different entrance to avoid getting hurt. They have signs saying horrible comments and they attack you and your vehicle. Yes they get arrested if they attack anything, but at least 1 gets hurt a week. As for funerals somehow they find out where they are and play music, throw a party, cause a nascence basically to ruin the moment of memory and putting someone to rest.
How about a link?
Busted. The IT company owner who happens to serve in the military at the same time. Busy life.
His profile says he's the Director of IT. Who am I to question that?
So two questions (I will try to write out as best as I can, hopefully it's understandable).
1: Is it possible that while I am on a business trip with my laptop that if I needed to access my network at work that I can remotely access it to view computers on the network with abilities to grab files from a computer, check things / alter things, and maintain. If so how?
2: If someone is on my network is it possible to see what traffic they are bringing in or out of my network without installing a file on their pc / mac to know the site they entered, file download, etc.
Thanks team.
How about a link?
Busted. The IT company owner who happens to serve in the military at the same time. Busy life.
His profile says he's the Director of IT. Who am I to question that?
So two questions (I will try to write out as best as I can, hopefully it's understandable).
1: Is it possible that while I am on a business trip with my laptop that if I needed to access my network at work that I can remotely access it to view computers on the network with abilities to grab files from a computer, check things / alter things, and maintain. If so how?
2: If someone is on my network is it possible to see what traffic they are bringing in or out of my network without installing a file on their pc / mac to know the site they entered, file download, etc.
Thanks team.
milo
Aug 29, 10:19 AM
If the MacBook and Mini stay with core 1 CPUs, sales will grind to a halt.
Only if they don't drop prices. Just depends what they charge, if they had core solo for $399 sales would go through the roof.
Only if they don't drop prices. Just depends what they charge, if they had core solo for $399 sales would go through the roof.
KnightWRX
Apr 27, 08:23 AM
In general, "Applications" are what Apple run on their Mac OS platform "Apps" are what they run on their iOS platform, a cut down version of Mac OS X with a cut down but related and familiar name.
Other operating systems (mobile based included) refer to software as "Programs". This has gone back as far as the days of DOS and Atari/Amiga.
You can't be more wrong. I was writing Web Apps in the 90s using mod_perl, Apache and PostgreSQL.
Other OSes have also had Applications associated as a word to describe the software that runs on them by the media and internally, see this 1989 reference to OS/2 :
http://books.google.com/books?id=JzoEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT40#v=onepage&q&f=false
Other operating systems (mobile based included) refer to software as "Programs". This has gone back as far as the days of DOS and Atari/Amiga.
You can't be more wrong. I was writing Web Apps in the 90s using mod_perl, Apache and PostgreSQL.
Other OSes have also had Applications associated as a word to describe the software that runs on them by the media and internally, see this 1989 reference to OS/2 :
http://books.google.com/books?id=JzoEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT40#v=onepage&q&f=false
-SD-
Mar 24, 04:45 PM
Putting a 6970 in the Pro sounds like a fantastic idea. Might do it this weekend.
:apple:
:apple:
thejadedmonkey
Mar 24, 01:32 PM
*Children Screaming in background
Im no snob against AMD GPUS...but their CPU's are nearly 2 generations behind intel. I dont think Bulldozer is going to match the 1155 SB, much less the upcoming 2011 socket chips.
What I want to see is a 27inch iMac with an HD 6970 2GB...Whoa whoa wee wow:eek:
But for something like the MBA, where your options are a C2D or iX CPU, and a GPU that's runs like it's 2+ years old, vs a new GPU and a newish CPU, I'll choose AMD over Intel any day of the week.
Im no snob against AMD GPUS...but their CPU's are nearly 2 generations behind intel. I dont think Bulldozer is going to match the 1155 SB, much less the upcoming 2011 socket chips.
What I want to see is a 27inch iMac with an HD 6970 2GB...Whoa whoa wee wow:eek:
But for something like the MBA, where your options are a C2D or iX CPU, and a GPU that's runs like it's 2+ years old, vs a new GPU and a newish CPU, I'll choose AMD over Intel any day of the week.
bankshot
Jul 18, 02:06 AM
A major consumer announcement at a developers conference? Not gonna happen. End of story!
ThinkSecret hasn't been right about anything since they got in trouble over leaks.
ThinkSecret hasn't been right about anything since they got in trouble over leaks.
Multimedia
Sep 1, 01:18 PM
A 23" Merom iMac. Really nice! But I was hoping for Conroe to power the next iMac series. A bit underwhelming. Isn't the Conroe supposed to have a solid performance edge over the Merom? A faster FSB and higher clockspeeds?
What to think of this? Sure, in some tests Merom performs up to 40% faster than Yonah, but in others it only shows a puny advantage. The truth is bound to be somewhere in between those claims. So, Merom performs some 20% faster than Yonah. That's nice, sure, but not exactly overwhelming.
I don't like this. Don't know why exactly...
23" I do like, though. What GPU will power that display? Hopefully an X1900, although an X1800 is more likely. What will it cost. Man, too many questions right now.
What about Merom powering the 17" and 20" iMacs, and the 23" imac being powered by Conroe?Relax. Merom in C2D iMacs is only a Rumor. It is not a fact at all. Conroe inside a new design is much more likely.
What to think of this? Sure, in some tests Merom performs up to 40% faster than Yonah, but in others it only shows a puny advantage. The truth is bound to be somewhere in between those claims. So, Merom performs some 20% faster than Yonah. That's nice, sure, but not exactly overwhelming.
I don't like this. Don't know why exactly...
23" I do like, though. What GPU will power that display? Hopefully an X1900, although an X1800 is more likely. What will it cost. Man, too many questions right now.
What about Merom powering the 17" and 20" iMacs, and the 23" imac being powered by Conroe?Relax. Merom in C2D iMacs is only a Rumor. It is not a fact at all. Conroe inside a new design is much more likely.
timerollson
Nov 24, 09:07 AM
Dude!! that's freakin' awsome! :D
Even more awesome is that's the brainchild of Dan Akroyd.
Even more awesome is that's the brainchild of Dan Akroyd.
Link2999
Sep 25, 09:58 PM
Looking for some more information on a case, the Griffin iClear to be specific.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin+Technology+-+iClear+Case+with+Arm+Band+for+4th-Generation+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B+touch/1207257.p?id=1218234048743&skuId=1207257&st=griffin%20iclear&cp=1&lp=2
Can't really tell too much from the rendered image here. If anyone gets it or sees it in a store, would you mind taking some pics? Main things I'd like to know are how the holes line up (Mic, Speaker, etc.) and if the strap on the back goes through the Hard Plastic (like if there's some slots on the back of the case the band slides through, or is it a clip-on). Would really appreciate any reports on this. My closest Best Buy is a good 30 minutes away and I'd rather save myself a trip if someone else is planning to go up there anyways.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin+Technology+-+iClear+Case+with+Arm+Band+for+4th-Generation+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B+touch/1207257.p?id=1218234048743&skuId=1207257&st=griffin%20iclear&cp=1&lp=2
Can't really tell too much from the rendered image here. If anyone gets it or sees it in a store, would you mind taking some pics? Main things I'd like to know are how the holes line up (Mic, Speaker, etc.) and if the strap on the back goes through the Hard Plastic (like if there's some slots on the back of the case the band slides through, or is it a clip-on). Would really appreciate any reports on this. My closest Best Buy is a good 30 minutes away and I'd rather save myself a trip if someone else is planning to go up there anyways.
toddybody
Mar 24, 02:24 PM
Lian Li Hackintosh yo.
Prints
Oct 23, 07:28 AM
Tuesday Release!!!!
from your lips to Steve's ear....
from your lips to Steve's ear....
abhimat.gautam
Mar 31, 03:00 AM
Apple has never mentioned before the new "Scene Kit":
Introduced in Mac OS X v10.7, the Scene Kit framework enables your application to import, manipulate, and render three-dimensional assets. It supports 3D assets imported via COLLADA, an XML-based schema that facilitates the transport of 3D assets between applications. Architecturally, a scene is composed of the 3D entities of cameras, lights, and meshes. Scene Kit lets you access attributes of scene objects�for example, geometry, bounding volume, and material�and is consistent with the APIs of other graphical frameworks, such as Core Animation and Image Kit.
Scene Kit is intended for developers who quickly need to integrate 3D rendering into their applications. It doesn�t require that you have advanced graphical programming skills.
Nice, didn�t know about that.
Introduced in Mac OS X v10.7, the Scene Kit framework enables your application to import, manipulate, and render three-dimensional assets. It supports 3D assets imported via COLLADA, an XML-based schema that facilitates the transport of 3D assets between applications. Architecturally, a scene is composed of the 3D entities of cameras, lights, and meshes. Scene Kit lets you access attributes of scene objects�for example, geometry, bounding volume, and material�and is consistent with the APIs of other graphical frameworks, such as Core Animation and Image Kit.
Scene Kit is intended for developers who quickly need to integrate 3D rendering into their applications. It doesn�t require that you have advanced graphical programming skills.
Nice, didn�t know about that.
jav6454
Mar 24, 01:55 PM
The one thing I wonder about is DRM. As it is now the connection to the display (and through DP) are protected (with either HDCP or DPCP). Do we know if LP/TB supports that protection (especially since the DP stream is actually separate from the PCIe stream)?
It has too seeing as Intel is pushing DRM protection into the physical CPU.
It has too seeing as Intel is pushing DRM protection into the physical CPU.
GregA
Dec 29, 04:02 AM
Why doesn't Apple just team up with Nintendo and release an iTV/iTunes channel for the Wii?
The Wii already has internal WiFi built in capable of streaming. What's is a channel for the Wii? I don't know much about the setup.
Does the Wii do everything the iTV is supposed to do? I had thought the Wii was a pure games machine (unlike PS3/XBox360), and thus would be good in partnership with an iTV... but I really haven't looked into it and sounds like I may be wrong.
The Wii already has internal WiFi built in capable of streaming. What's is a channel for the Wii? I don't know much about the setup.
Does the Wii do everything the iTV is supposed to do? I had thought the Wii was a pure games machine (unlike PS3/XBox360), and thus would be good in partnership with an iTV... but I really haven't looked into it and sounds like I may be wrong.
autrefois
Oct 23, 10:51 AM
I'm afraid everyone misunderstood the headline.
Latest MacBook Pro Rumors... This Week?
I agree. My prediction is that yes, the latest MacBook Pro rumors will appear this week!!
:D
Latest MacBook Pro Rumors... This Week?
I agree. My prediction is that yes, the latest MacBook Pro rumors will appear this week!!
:D
steve2112
Apr 11, 07:37 PM
With the exception of about two years, I have been driving manuals for about 20 years. I don't know how much longer I will be driving one, as the selection is getting limited. Also, most of the models I have been considering are auto-only, or only have a manual available on the absolute cheapest models (2012 Ford Focus, for example). Also, I have a nagging back injury that that flairs up every now and then. Driving in very heavy traffic in my current car can cause some pain. A couple of years ago, I got caught in a nasty jam in Dallas and I could barely walk the next day. It sucks.
Edit: Forgot to mention this Cool Story, Bro: To show how much I like manuals, when looking to buy a Mazda6, I hunted for months to find the ever-elusive V6/Manual tranny combo. I was looking at used models, so I was at the mercy of the market. I always seemed to miss them when I would find one. I really wanted the car, so I had finally resigned myself to getting the auto, when I stumbled across one by accident. I was at the dealer to look at at an auto model, when I happened to walk by a hatch with the manual. The thing had literally been rolled out to display that morning. After a cursory test drive, I bought it.
Edit: Forgot to mention this Cool Story, Bro: To show how much I like manuals, when looking to buy a Mazda6, I hunted for months to find the ever-elusive V6/Manual tranny combo. I was looking at used models, so I was at the mercy of the market. I always seemed to miss them when I would find one. I really wanted the car, so I had finally resigned myself to getting the auto, when I stumbled across one by accident. I was at the dealer to look at at an auto model, when I happened to walk by a hatch with the manual. The thing had literally been rolled out to display that morning. After a cursory test drive, I bought it.
whooleytoo
Mar 24, 02:00 PM
Is it unusual for Apple to start supporting so many graphics chips in one release?
If it was just to support a new line of iMacs/Mac Pros, they surely would only have 2 or 3 new chips. But 10? Please oh please tell me that with the increasing importance of games to Apple's bottom line, they're starting to take gaming more seriously.
If it was just to support a new line of iMacs/Mac Pros, they surely would only have 2 or 3 new chips. But 10? Please oh please tell me that with the increasing importance of games to Apple's bottom line, they're starting to take gaming more seriously.
fr0
Aug 16, 11:43 AM
The Register has an article claiming that Apple Taiwan has come out and denied this claim.
Read it Here (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08/16/apple_denies_wireless_ipod_claim/)
Read it Here (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08/16/apple_denies_wireless_ipod_claim/)
No comments:
Post a Comment