
XForge
Nov 16, 04:59 PM
How long before it ends up in the MacBook Pro?
I want my 8-core MacBook!! I want my 8-core MacBook!!!
(also joking)
I want my 8-core MacBook!! I want my 8-core MacBook!!!
(also joking)
robbieduncan
Apr 20, 02:49 PM
Can you even buy a car today (in the USA) that has the following:
manual transmission
manual steering
manual brakes
wind em up yourself windows
Sure, I understand it has to have the emission controls on it but if I could get a car without all the electronic stuff on it that tries to disconnect me from the feel of the road.
I doubt it. The older, Rover K-Series, powered Lotus Elise was about the last cr in the UK like that. But that model was not approved for sale in the US. The Toyata engined ones have servo-assisted brakes and electric windows :(
manual transmission
manual steering
manual brakes
wind em up yourself windows
Sure, I understand it has to have the emission controls on it but if I could get a car without all the electronic stuff on it that tries to disconnect me from the feel of the road.
I doubt it. The older, Rover K-Series, powered Lotus Elise was about the last cr in the UK like that. But that model was not approved for sale in the US. The Toyata engined ones have servo-assisted brakes and electric windows :(
Lord Blackadder
Mar 12, 11:24 PM
Do you think GM would confirm an internet report of a diesel Cruze coming? Unless it comes from themselves, they won't confirm anything.
True. So far it's mostly rumor - the only thing we can be reasonably sure about is that GM is considering the idea of bringing the diesel here. Whether it will actually happen is still anybody's guess.
True. So far it's mostly rumor - the only thing we can be reasonably sure about is that GM is considering the idea of bringing the diesel here. Whether it will actually happen is still anybody's guess.
Josias
Nov 27, 01:55 PM
It kills me that the least expensive Apple display is $700. I just can't justify the tax over a Dell display, and I'm amazed how others can. A Dell 2007WFP (their 20" widescreen display which uses the same panel that's found in Apple's 20") is $400. It also sports inputs for VGA, composite and S-Video. And for a Dell, the display is reasonably attractive.
The Apple displays give you a shiny aluminum bezel, firewire routing, and software display controls. Is that enough to merit a 75% markup?
So, I'm thrilled if this is true and Apple is putting out a less-expensive display option. But I'd love it if they brought the rest of their lineup into check with the competition.
Allright, for the 473rd time! They don't use the same panel!:eek:
See? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=252327)
The Apple displays give you a shiny aluminum bezel, firewire routing, and software display controls. Is that enough to merit a 75% markup?
So, I'm thrilled if this is true and Apple is putting out a less-expensive display option. But I'd love it if they brought the rest of their lineup into check with the competition.
Allright, for the 473rd time! They don't use the same panel!:eek:
See? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=252327)
macgeek18
Feb 17, 10:31 PM
here's my current setup. I finally got a Intel Mac and it will become to main machine soon. In the Pic is everything in the sig but the IIc and Performa.

milbournosphere
Feb 25, 11:43 PM
I do believe I saw him holding his sign... ;)
dmaxdmax
Nov 28, 03:02 PM
And to make things worse, there is no "Jobs" waiting on the wings to salvage Microsoft from itself, and that will be the sole reason why they won't last long (would've Apple had, if not for Steve and NeXT?)...
As for buying clues, sure! Maybe they'll hire someone from outside. But naaah, they're too proud to change their ways, I guess...
I agree with almost everything you wrote (you're a pretty smart guy!) but offer two comments:
1 - We don't know there isn't a Jobs waiting in the wings. We also don't know there isn't a Jobs in the #2 spot at some Fortune 50 company who could be in a MS executive suite in 3 years.
2 - MS being "too proud" is exactly the kind of thing I mean when I write about not being able to predict the post-Bill future. He is certainly too proud but who knows about Bill 2.0?
You make the point about the rank-and-file being mostly very talented and I agree. If MS gets executives who stay out of the way who knows what Zune 3.0 will be like?
As for buying clues, sure! Maybe they'll hire someone from outside. But naaah, they're too proud to change their ways, I guess...
I agree with almost everything you wrote (you're a pretty smart guy!) but offer two comments:
1 - We don't know there isn't a Jobs waiting in the wings. We also don't know there isn't a Jobs in the #2 spot at some Fortune 50 company who could be in a MS executive suite in 3 years.
2 - MS being "too proud" is exactly the kind of thing I mean when I write about not being able to predict the post-Bill future. He is certainly too proud but who knows about Bill 2.0?
You make the point about the rank-and-file being mostly very talented and I agree. If MS gets executives who stay out of the way who knows what Zune 3.0 will be like?
slffl
Oct 23, 09:55 AM
As I am waiting for a revision to get a new macbook pro, i really hope when they do update them, it's a major overhaul with a bunch of new goodies. I'm not saying the current design is bad, but I've had my 17" PB for 3.5 years and I just need something new.

Josias
Aug 7, 03:48 AM
Are there going to be static downloads of the event? I mean, one I can save to view later? I hate streams, so badly.
I dunno about that. I had hoped you could download it in HD from Apple' website:D , and though it would take 44 days and nights, I'd be willing to do it... But I think we're gonna have to do with something a bit less. To be honest, I don't care about the Keynote. I just want to read about it on MR, and see a more detailed and graphically advanced description of the products on Apple.com a few hours later...:rolleyes:
I dunno about that. I had hoped you could download it in HD from Apple' website:D , and though it would take 44 days and nights, I'd be willing to do it... But I think we're gonna have to do with something a bit less. To be honest, I don't care about the Keynote. I just want to read about it on MR, and see a more detailed and graphically advanced description of the products on Apple.com a few hours later...:rolleyes:
iSax1234
Mar 24, 11:59 AM
This is kinda funny actually.
"Our country wasn't founded on a "God" principle. well lets see
July 4, 1776:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
Creator.....not god then who was it? Those atoms that just happened to bond together gave us rights?
Oh and again.
"he separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them"
So you'll argue. Separation of Church & State.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Respecting: admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements
Congress shall make no law in favor of one religion, or prohibiting one. Lets see Christianity isn't the only belief system that frowns upon homosexuality so that kills your one religion statement.
Now to the app. I don't see how its offensive. Would an anti-smoker app be offensive? Diligent smokers sign a petition with a minority of iOS users because it discriminates again their lifestyle.
Apple holds the right to take it down, but I don't think it should have been.
No trying to substitute facts and history with your own beliefs. Homosexuality is not natural, there is no natural way for reproduction which is the whole purpose of sex or the "reproduction system" as it may be classified.
"Our country wasn't founded on a "God" principle. well lets see
July 4, 1776:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
Creator.....not god then who was it? Those atoms that just happened to bond together gave us rights?
Oh and again.
"he separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them"
So you'll argue. Separation of Church & State.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Respecting: admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements
Congress shall make no law in favor of one religion, or prohibiting one. Lets see Christianity isn't the only belief system that frowns upon homosexuality so that kills your one religion statement.
Now to the app. I don't see how its offensive. Would an anti-smoker app be offensive? Diligent smokers sign a petition with a minority of iOS users because it discriminates again their lifestyle.
Apple holds the right to take it down, but I don't think it should have been.
No trying to substitute facts and history with your own beliefs. Homosexuality is not natural, there is no natural way for reproduction which is the whole purpose of sex or the "reproduction system" as it may be classified.

coolfactor
Aug 7, 07:48 AM
OS X needs a robust Security System Preference Panel that provides virus checking and other defenses and actively monitors for intrusions.
Go to Sharing preference pane, enable the Firewall, click Advanced, and enabling Firewall Logging.
Your wish just came true. All blocked intrusions are now logged for your perusal.
Go to Sharing preference pane, enable the Firewall, click Advanced, and enabling Firewall Logging.
Your wish just came true. All blocked intrusions are now logged for your perusal.

celticpride678
Apr 1, 11:52 PM
Thus far, stability-wise, it is not too bad for a beta. A lot of the UI rendering errors from beta 1 have been ironed out. My bet would be that this will be a $29 upgrade, as it doesn't add much but rather refines what 10.6 started.
As far as I know, Snow Leopard "fixed" what Leopard started. Mac OS X Lion is a completely new OS with new features, most of which are not present in Snow Leopard.
As far as I know, Snow Leopard "fixed" what Leopard started. Mac OS X Lion is a completely new OS with new features, most of which are not present in Snow Leopard.
DrFrankTM
Sep 1, 01:21 PM
I think you're absolutely right!! They need to stick in a couple of digial tuners in it too tho.....
The problem with adding tuners from what I understand is that there are many different standards throughout the world. Anyone knows if there are there tuners that do it all at the moment? Even without a tuner though, it'd be a pretty slick machine.
Also, if Apple markets those as HDTVs-that-are-also-computers instead of computers-with-big-screens, I think they could go after a part of the HDTV market that would more than compensate the "downgrades" from the Mac Pro. But a 23-inch model would not only cause downgrades from the Mac Pro. People like me would upgrade from the Mini too! I wanted more than the 20-inch iMac's 1680x1050 for my main screen. Since I bought a Dell screen to go with my Mini, Apple lost a sale there.
A 23-inch iMac would also crank up Apple's coolness factor a couple of notches. I mean... the Mac Pro is cool and all, but few people - the regular folks, not us gadgets freaks - want to have such a huge box in their living room, and Apple could give better specs to a 23-inch iMac than those of a Mini+screen. Anyways, I think it'd be an awesome product. I hope we'll see something like that in the near future.
The problem with adding tuners from what I understand is that there are many different standards throughout the world. Anyone knows if there are there tuners that do it all at the moment? Even without a tuner though, it'd be a pretty slick machine.
Also, if Apple markets those as HDTVs-that-are-also-computers instead of computers-with-big-screens, I think they could go after a part of the HDTV market that would more than compensate the "downgrades" from the Mac Pro. But a 23-inch model would not only cause downgrades from the Mac Pro. People like me would upgrade from the Mini too! I wanted more than the 20-inch iMac's 1680x1050 for my main screen. Since I bought a Dell screen to go with my Mini, Apple lost a sale there.
A 23-inch iMac would also crank up Apple's coolness factor a couple of notches. I mean... the Mac Pro is cool and all, but few people - the regular folks, not us gadgets freaks - want to have such a huge box in their living room, and Apple could give better specs to a 23-inch iMac than those of a Mini+screen. Anyways, I think it'd be an awesome product. I hope we'll see something like that in the near future.
Tonsko
Jan 6, 10:14 AM
If properly maintained, mileage holds no bounds! BMW's will go to 250k easy.
The engines will, no problem. It's all the expensive bits around them that can't!
The engines will, no problem. It's all the expensive bits around them that can't!
twoodcc
Oct 16, 11:42 PM
I know what you mean, my small house keeps toasty just from the computers running. The problem is getting the heat moved from the computer room... thus a box fan in the door pushing in cool air at the bottom.
yeah i might have to invest in a fan. this is crazy in my place. the air on when it's 45 degrees outside! :eek:
Thanks, and sorry I just moved past you:D for now anyway...
on no, i'm glad your able to put up those numbers. i would if it wasn't for the heat in this little apartment
yeah i might have to invest in a fan. this is crazy in my place. the air on when it's 45 degrees outside! :eek:
Thanks, and sorry I just moved past you:D for now anyway...
on no, i'm glad your able to put up those numbers. i would if it wasn't for the heat in this little apartment
AFPoster
Mar 22, 01:34 PM
Not at all, provided you meet the requirements. I was merely pointing out that a Director of IT posted on a Mac forum asking how to remotely access his network.
Based on your posts, I question if you meet the age requirements of this forum.
LMAO...Yes that's it, I don't meet age requirements!
Based on your posts, I question if you meet the age requirements of this forum.
LMAO...Yes that's it, I don't meet age requirements!
h'biki
Apr 16, 02:37 AM
If I was a vain pretender to knowledge - Do you know who Ernest Satow was ? Do you know over 2,000 Japanese kanji characters ? Do you know how to live in another country ? You have NO IDEA
"He thinks he knows everything when he knows nothing -- he must be a politican."
(You get points for knowing where the quote is from, but not IQ points. There's a reason most intelligence tests avoid basing their questions on knowledge.)
"He thinks he knows everything when he knows nothing -- he must be a politican."
(You get points for knowing where the quote is from, but not IQ points. There's a reason most intelligence tests avoid basing their questions on knowledge.)

freebooter
Oct 23, 11:27 AM
New MacBook Pro's and video iPods for some, abortions and miniature American flags for others
Ha Hah Haah!! Classic! Truly the best bit of poetry I've read on any thread.
Ha Hah Haah!! Classic! Truly the best bit of poetry I've read on any thread.
OdduWon
Nov 28, 10:00 PM
lol i expect a large number of zune related auto crashes.
it takes so long to get to where you want to go and to see what it is your picking you have tp serch for some visual heirachy that is not productive. ipod has this lower coeficecnt of visual digestion.
it takes so long to get to where you want to go and to see what it is your picking you have tp serch for some visual heirachy that is not productive. ipod has this lower coeficecnt of visual digestion.
rasmasyean
Mar 27, 07:58 PM
A complete douche, I'd say.
Why is he a douche? Because he uses metaphoric language? He seems like a qualified high level guest. And he didn't say "US European Command". YOU are the one who introduced those "2 letters". I'm just quoting what he said.
Considering that the US sent like 100 tomahawks or whatever out of like 102, or something like that... And the US also has an "air field" there too. Not only in nearby countries, but a huge mobile one! Not to mention large fleets of intercontinental bombers. How do you know he's exagerating? You have a personal recon satelite overlooking that area? :rolleyes:
Why is he a douche? Because he uses metaphoric language? He seems like a qualified high level guest. And he didn't say "US European Command". YOU are the one who introduced those "2 letters". I'm just quoting what he said.
Considering that the US sent like 100 tomahawks or whatever out of like 102, or something like that... And the US also has an "air field" there too. Not only in nearby countries, but a huge mobile one! Not to mention large fleets of intercontinental bombers. How do you know he's exagerating? You have a personal recon satelite overlooking that area? :rolleyes:
Eraserhead
Mar 20, 03:57 PM
No-one could possibly be offended by homeopathy.
Fishrrman
Apr 3, 11:16 AM
celticpride wrote:
"It worked for me too on DP1. On DP2, I had to install Snow Leopard first."
and NameUndecided replied:
"DP2 can't install on a blank disk/partition. Needs to install as an update on top of DP 1 or Snow Leopard. (?)"
I just installed DP2 onto a blank partition on a spare disk.
What I did:
- Booted up in DP1
- Opened disk image of DP2 onto the desktop
- Launched the installer. When it prompted me for a volume to install to, I selected a blank partition
- Installed DP2 onto the blank partition (it requires a reboot after the "preparing to install phase" to get to the actual "install" -- Apple should make this clear to users during the installation process that a reboot is part of the normal installation)
- After the installer was finished, it automatically booted up to DP2 and ran the "Welcome to Mac" song. It then began the regular process of registration.
- When it asked if I wished to "migrate over" from another Mac (or volume), I choose to import everything from DP1
- After that, all is well.
"It worked for me too on DP1. On DP2, I had to install Snow Leopard first."
and NameUndecided replied:
"DP2 can't install on a blank disk/partition. Needs to install as an update on top of DP 1 or Snow Leopard. (?)"
I just installed DP2 onto a blank partition on a spare disk.
What I did:
- Booted up in DP1
- Opened disk image of DP2 onto the desktop
- Launched the installer. When it prompted me for a volume to install to, I selected a blank partition
- Installed DP2 onto the blank partition (it requires a reboot after the "preparing to install phase" to get to the actual "install" -- Apple should make this clear to users during the installation process that a reboot is part of the normal installation)
- After the installer was finished, it automatically booted up to DP2 and ran the "Welcome to Mac" song. It then began the regular process of registration.
- When it asked if I wished to "migrate over" from another Mac (or volume), I choose to import everything from DP1
- After that, all is well.
hyperpasta
Sep 1, 01:27 PM
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2011
They say reliable sources confirm a 23" MEROM (not Conroe) iMac!
They say reliable sources confirm a 23" MEROM (not Conroe) iMac!
SamEllens
Apr 12, 09:02 PM
I received an email from Avid yesterday offering FCP owners an opportunity to buy Media Composer for $995. If I had the cash, I'd probably jump on it.
I work professionally on both and I would never get MC for personal use. If given a choice I'd pick FCP every time. AVID (5.5, the latest) crashed on me 3 times today - I've found FCP extremely stable on my systems.
I work professionally on both and I would never get MC for personal use. If given a choice I'd pick FCP every time. AVID (5.5, the latest) crashed on me 3 times today - I've found FCP extremely stable on my systems.
No comments:
Post a Comment