NebulaClash
Sep 14, 12:02 PM
I think you are a minority of one on this interpretation. Apple is saying you now won't get the case unless you are exhibiting the problem. Toyota's recall applies to ALL cars in the affected series, and they will repair/replace the questionable part whether you are exhibiting problems or not. Moreover, Toyota's sends a recall notice to all the impacted owners; with the new Apple policy, you have to read the news or contact Apple to learn of the program.
Toyota fixes all vehicles because they all have the potential to have dangerous problems.
Most iPhone owners have no problem whatsoever, and there's no danger at all to anyone.
So Toyota HAS to fix them all. It would be pointless for Apple to fix all iPhones in the field when most of them never have an issue needing a fix. But if you do have a problem, let them know and they will fix it for you for free. That's hardly a burden for such a non-dangerous situation.
We live in this ridiculous era of expectations. Apple comes out with a reasonable solution to a problem that affects a tiny percentage of users, and they get slammed for it. Hypocrisy.
Toyota fixes all vehicles because they all have the potential to have dangerous problems.
Most iPhone owners have no problem whatsoever, and there's no danger at all to anyone.
So Toyota HAS to fix them all. It would be pointless for Apple to fix all iPhones in the field when most of them never have an issue needing a fix. But if you do have a problem, let them know and they will fix it for you for free. That's hardly a burden for such a non-dangerous situation.
We live in this ridiculous era of expectations. Apple comes out with a reasonable solution to a problem that affects a tiny percentage of users, and they get slammed for it. Hypocrisy.
shoobe01
Nov 27, 02:35 PM
I strongly agree with scottlinux (and almost no one else). I am a graphics professional, and use a 17" Apple LCD with a 17" mitsu CRT to the right as my version of a widescreen. Had it well before there were widescreens, and regardless none of the current crop are wide enough; they all take up too much vertical room. Not just too much to fit my workspace conveniently, but enough my neck gets tired tilting up and down.
I put all my palettes (and sometimes a referring Word doc or something) to the right. The left monitor is for the work. I have used three monitor systems, where the lefthand one is for source material (like on video work).
I do something similar at work, with a 1st gen Cinema Display as the main display, and when docked, the powerbook to the right. But I like all the monitors being the same -- fairly small -- height.
Apple would do great selling a more affordable panel. Aside from space (it would pair well with a thing called a "mini") lots of people will go for the one-stop-shopping experience, as well as the Apple cool and beautiful. Also, they make hella-good displays. I am personally never gonna buy some $129 sale LCD, cause they are crap.
I put all my palettes (and sometimes a referring Word doc or something) to the right. The left monitor is for the work. I have used three monitor systems, where the lefthand one is for source material (like on video work).
I do something similar at work, with a 1st gen Cinema Display as the main display, and when docked, the powerbook to the right. But I like all the monitors being the same -- fairly small -- height.
Apple would do great selling a more affordable panel. Aside from space (it would pair well with a thing called a "mini") lots of people will go for the one-stop-shopping experience, as well as the Apple cool and beautiful. Also, they make hella-good displays. I am personally never gonna buy some $129 sale LCD, cause they are crap.
trekkie604
Feb 19, 08:01 PM
Hasn't changed too much this time around:
http://link.trekcubed.com/trekmb_Feb2011_s.jpg (http://link.trekcubed.com/trekmb_Feb2011.jpg)
http://link.trekcubed.com/trekmb_Feb2011_s.jpg (http://link.trekcubed.com/trekmb_Feb2011.jpg)
3N16MA
Nov 23, 09:33 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=261567&stc=1&d=1290568599
X-rays and casting. It counts as a purchase.
Hope you got a deal. :D
X-rays and casting. It counts as a purchase.
Hope you got a deal. :D
toddybody
Mar 24, 01:58 PM
Still a monster, just a smaller monster. Kinda like 6970 is to Godzukei what 6990 is to Godzilla. ;)
Just for you buddy:) IMO, you could beat Godzilla to death with this
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Radeon-HD-6990,3-H-278765-13.jpg
Just for you buddy:) IMO, you could beat Godzilla to death with this
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Radeon-HD-6990,3-H-278765-13.jpg
CorvusCamenarum
Mar 21, 11:36 PM
I think that allowing Gaddafi to remain in power at this point is not an option for anything but the immediate short-term. But it is the Libyan people who ultimately must remove him. The rebels' policy is ending the Gaddafi regime, and they have refused to negotiate on that point. Currently they have a strong hand - as long as they can keep Gaddafi at bay (effectively with coalition help) he will go nowhere. At best he can try to hold on to Tripoli and the remaining loyalist towns. Any attempt to re-take rebel-held territory will be opposed by both the rebels and the UN-mandated coalition.
The smart thing to have done would have been to sit this one out, then make nicey-nice with the victors. Why we think the Arab common masses will suddenly love us once we go in with bombs flying and reduce a sizable portion of their country to parking lot status is beyond me.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the end result of all this is not at all dissimilar to the goings-on in Iraq.
The smart thing to have done would have been to sit this one out, then make nicey-nice with the victors. Why we think the Arab common masses will suddenly love us once we go in with bombs flying and reduce a sizable portion of their country to parking lot status is beyond me.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the end result of all this is not at all dissimilar to the goings-on in Iraq.
8CoreWhore
May 2, 04:58 PM
Apple sees the benefit of unifying how things work across OS X and iOS.
There are tons of people that don't know how to install or uninstall apps on their PC, but they do on their iPhone or iPad. By unifying, those people feel comfortable buying a Mac.
There are tons of people that don't know how to install or uninstall apps on their PC, but they do on their iPhone or iPad. By unifying, those people feel comfortable buying a Mac.

hyperpasta
Sep 6, 08:43 AM
Poop. And I was hoping for a $100 price drop.
I see why Apple came out with a 24-inch iMac the same day... we can't complain! :p
I see why Apple came out with a 24-inch iMac the same day... we can't complain! :p
guffman
Aug 6, 11:41 PM
More photos
http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1941
Ok - I've been into Macs for a couple years now, so I don't have the history with the company of many of you do.
That said, it seems to me that with these ads or banners for Leopard, that it is closer to being released than we all might think. Has Apple promoted a product this way -- bashing M$ -- with out releasing the product soon after?
To me it just seems like real strong words to use if Leopard wont be out for a while, esp. if it will only be released around the time Vista will be next year.
Anyone know what I mean, or feel the same way?
http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1941
Ok - I've been into Macs for a couple years now, so I don't have the history with the company of many of you do.
That said, it seems to me that with these ads or banners for Leopard, that it is closer to being released than we all might think. Has Apple promoted a product this way -- bashing M$ -- with out releasing the product soon after?
To me it just seems like real strong words to use if Leopard wont be out for a while, esp. if it will only be released around the time Vista will be next year.
Anyone know what I mean, or feel the same way?
jeff303
Jul 20, 05:45 PM
Stock-price is irrelevant, what matter is the market-capitalization. Quite often I see people comparing two companies and saying stuff like "Company A has a shareprice of $50, whereas Company B has a shareprice of $60. Therefore Company B is better".
I guess Berkshire Hathaway is the Capo di Tutti Capi of companies, since their shareprice is over 90.000 dollars!
Not quite. The main thing that makes a stock attractive is consistent growth and strong financials (increasing profits, increasing tax liability, decreasing percentage of operating costs, etc.) This is the reason Apple's stock looks so good right now; today's announcement shows strong growth this quarter and suggests the trend will continue.
I guess Berkshire Hathaway is the Capo di Tutti Capi of companies, since their shareprice is over 90.000 dollars!
Not quite. The main thing that makes a stock attractive is consistent growth and strong financials (increasing profits, increasing tax liability, decreasing percentage of operating costs, etc.) This is the reason Apple's stock looks so good right now; today's announcement shows strong growth this quarter and suggests the trend will continue.
KnightWRX
Apr 17, 08:46 AM
It's my age, in comparison.
I still love driving. :D
Ah, great to see another person in their 30s who still very much enjoys the freedom and pleasures of the road. :D
I still love driving. :D
Ah, great to see another person in their 30s who still very much enjoys the freedom and pleasures of the road. :D
vouder17
Aug 16, 07:26 AM
Digitimes = lies!
vincenz
Feb 23, 02:36 PM
This is my first Mac computer so nothing special but I love it.
Nice place to start for sure.
Nice place to start for sure.
Lurchdubious
Nov 25, 09:49 AM
Ordered a 26" white Vizio LED LCD for the wifey from Target. $209 shipped!
http://www.buypricelist.com/images_products/Vizio_M260VA_W_VIZIO_M260VA_W_26_Inch_LED_LCD_HDTV_Razor_LED_Backlighting_White.jpg
http://www.buypricelist.com/images_products/Vizio_M260VA_W_VIZIO_M260VA_W_26_Inch_LED_LCD_HDTV_Razor_LED_Backlighting_White.jpg
MrFrankly
Aug 29, 09:05 AM
I think it's ridiculous to not put a Core 2 Duo chip into the Mini. While I'm not waiting for Merom, to upgrade one of your machines with a faster version of the same soon-to-be-out-of-date chip is silly.
I think Apple is more concerned with price for the Mac Mini than speed. Make them just a little bit faster than they are now, but much cheaper.
They're too expensive in the line-up now, with merom they would stay the same price but with Yonah they can make them cheaper again.
I think Apple is more concerned with price for the Mac Mini than speed. Make them just a little bit faster than they are now, but much cheaper.
They're too expensive in the line-up now, with merom they would stay the same price but with Yonah they can make them cheaper again.
Spanky Deluxe
Sep 1, 02:35 PM
I think this means that there will definitely be no Mac Midi. Only the pro user would want a 30" screen and Apple makes loads of cash on their screens anyway. If they offered a mid sized mac they know that a lot of people would go and spend their money on a screen from Dell instead of a screen from Apple. They'd rather force buyers to either buy a Mac Pro (i.e. spend more on Apple) or an iMac with their required screen size (i.e. spend more on Apple).
I wouldn't expect Conroe in the iMac either folks. It would serve them better to use the same platform as used in the MacBook Pros, it would save them on R&D and that way the iMacs can't be faster than their Pro range of laptops.
I wouldn't expect Conroe in the iMac either folks. It would serve them better to use the same platform as used in the MacBook Pros, it would save them on R&D and that way the iMacs can't be faster than their Pro range of laptops.
dpaanlka
Aug 7, 06:13 AM
This should help..
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
wow how did i miss that??
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
wow how did i miss that??
feare
Apr 2, 08:43 AM
It's definitely a lot smoother than the first preview was, especially in the animation department. Mission Control is no longer choppy for me, and while opening folders in launchpad is still choppy, it is much less so than in the first preview (I'm also on my Cinema Display right now, which seems to push my 2009 13" mbp).
In fact, animations on the whole seem to be smoother than in SL. When using my cinema display, opening large stacks tended to be a little choppy, but now they open smoothly.
And the default wallpaper is much improved.
In fact, animations on the whole seem to be smoother than in SL. When using my cinema display, opening large stacks tended to be a little choppy, but now they open smoothly.
And the default wallpaper is much improved.
pyroza
Jan 29, 11:53 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1219.snc4/155118_465038268906_557018906_5865631_1332292_n.jpg
Not many times I can put Quattro to good use in CA, but when I can I make sure to have a blast :p
Not many times I can put Quattro to good use in CA, but when I can I make sure to have a blast :p
macgeek18
Feb 23, 12:17 AM
Here's the normal use of my setup. School on the pc and personal on the Mac. :)
shurcooL
Mar 26, 08:41 AM
"silky smooth" 30 frames per second
Welcome to where the above phrase is not considered an oxymoron. :rolleyes:
Welcome to where the above phrase is not considered an oxymoron. :rolleyes:
MattyMac
Aug 6, 09:14 PM
Looks like I'll be taking my lunch break at 1PM tomorrow:p
sjp5317
Mar 23, 09:11 AM
I wonder if they'd give a revamped Classic Airplay capabilities... in addition to being the pocket media player we all know and love make it an addition to your other devices as a bulk mobile storage capable of pushing audio/video out to Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, etc. I'd buy another one then. I mean, I have a terabyte Toshiba drive that i carry in my laptop case, but that requires the USB cable. Who wants to dongle their drive?
dongle their drive
There must be a potential joke there :)
dongle their drive
There must be a potential joke there :)
a456
Sep 1, 02:09 PM
Definitely not. There's too much branding in the iMac name. For consumers, it means ease and simplicity with power and looks. Additionally, just calling it Mac would be confusing for everyone, especially when they ask what kind of mac you own?
"I own a Mac."
"Yeah? What kind?"
"A Mac."
"I know. You just said that. But what kind of mac?"
"A Mac. You know. A Mac."
"I'm going to kill you now, sir."
Heh that's a great name for the next iMac, an aMac. No longer the 'information' Mac but the 'all' Mac, the Mac that does everything to go with the new aPod.
"I own a Mac."
"Yeah? What kind?"
"A Mac."
"I know. You just said that. But what kind of mac?"
"A Mac. You know. A Mac."
"I'm going to kill you now, sir."
Heh that's a great name for the next iMac, an aMac. No longer the 'information' Mac but the 'all' Mac, the Mac that does everything to go with the new aPod.
No comments:
Post a Comment