Friday, May 20, 2011

the situation room logo

the situation room logo. the situation room logo. in
  • the situation room logo. in



  • twoodcc
    Oct 5, 07:33 PM
    thanks! with those bigadv units i almost feel like im cheating!

    yeah i know what you mean. but having 2 towers running full blast in one small apartment room is not good for me right now, so i'm going to wait on the bigadv units for right now





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. the
  • the situation room logo. the



  • arkitect
    Mar 24, 12:51 PM
    You weren't born gay, you chose to be gay.

    Oh FFS!!! :rolleyes:

    How many times more are we going to have to argue this?

    It is not a choice.
    I no more chose to be gay than you chose to be straight.

    Christ! Sometimes this forum reminds me of a Whack the Mole game� hit one on the head and another pops up.
    Same stuff over and over�





    the situation room logo. the situation room. situation
  • the situation room. situation



  • ipodG8TR
    Aug 17, 01:32 PM
    XM blows as compared to Sirius

    Especially since they have ads on their music stations now. Sirius had 600,00 subscribers before Stern and now has over 4 million. Sirius WILL surpass XM sometime in the next year. The reasons are simple:

    1. Howard Stern
    2. Exclusive NFL, NBA, NHL (all now) and Nascar (as of 2007) programming.
    3. Commercial-free music stations





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. the
  • the situation room logo. the



  • mc68k
    Jan 7, 01:46 PM
    my 2003 540i M Wagon. upgraded w afe intake and remus exhaust. custom catback piping + resonator delete. stock 290HP/320torque :) 92K miles. next mod is prob full aluminum radiator + electric fan. i heard the cooling system starts degrading around 100K. got the water pump (replaced OEM plastic w metal impeller) and hoses done when i first bought it
    took on a 3200mi road trip last year-- really fun on the highway and surprisingly gets good highway mileage
    http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2327/img0209ed.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/img0209ed.jpg/)
    http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7297/img0210uy.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/img0210uy.jpg/)
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5186/img0211g.th.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/img0211g.jpg/)
    http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/998/img0213gu.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/i/img0213gu.jpg/)
    http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1771/img0252vm.th.jpg (http://img819.imageshack.us/i/img0252vm.jpg/)
    http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9484/img0253sy.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/img0253sy.jpg/)
    daily driver is a 97 lumina
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9144153/Photo%20Jan%2007%2C%2011%2043%2034%20AM.jpg





    the situation room logo. Here is the white house staff
  • Here is the white house staff



  • thejedipunk
    Jan 7, 01:36 AM
    Not that any more predictions from anyone from this point on matter any longer, but what the hell? ;)

    LEOPARD LEOPARD LEOPARD
    IPOD IPOD IPOD
    MACS MACS MACS
    iTV will be named with release/ship date

    My thoughts on the phone:

    I've read much stuff on here about this much epically fabled device. Several good and bad points. First, if the rumor gods are saying that they will release a basic/media phone as well as a smart phone, then, as some have already pointed out, what can Apple bring that is new to the table of basic/media phones? I think Apple should just make a smart phone, considering that more and more people are looking towards smart phone market, which I think has some room for innovation. Plus, at the same time, they can capture that oh-so-crucial enterprise market. SWITCHERS GALORE!!! Even with that, I don't see them being stupid enough to cannibalize iPod/nano/shuffle sales. At most, 2 gigs of space on the phone, which will have to be shared with the phone and any media files.

    Take this also into consideration. Why would children even need Apple branded cell phones? Most children today are obviously on a family plan. Which means they get the free phones. The Apple phone would not be priced reasonably enough for me to buy all my kids (if I had kids) such a phone. What if Apple just decides to make the iPod into a super device that can even cook breakfast for you. That kills off all iPod music player sales. Not everyone would buy the phone because what they really wanted was just a music player and not a Digital Age Swiss Army Knife.

    But I still want an Apple smart phone. :)





    the situation room logo. The Situation In The Situation
  • The Situation In The Situation



  • MacsRgr8
    Oct 23, 12:58 PM
    I bet ya.... these will be called:


    PowerBook G5!!


    :D





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. in
  • the situation room logo. in



  • RebootD
    Apr 12, 09:20 PM
    Basically: "You Wait While I Render."

    New one will apparently let you keep working while it renders in the background.

    Which was understandable back in 2003 but with today's machines it was downright sad you had to 'wait while rendering'.





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo.
  • the situation room logo.



  • appleguy123
    Mar 20, 04:35 PM
    Enough with the false comparisons. Homeopathy doesnt actively harm people that buy into it. "ex-gay" therapy is harmful.

    Do you think that anyone would stand for a KKK app under the reasoning of "free speech"?
    Homeopathy does actively harm people, as it causes them to forgo medicine that actually works, possibly causing premature death from a curable ailment.
    25% of Amercans are evangelicals, and wouldn't consider this hate speech. This is a form of the love of god.





    the situation room logo. in the Situation Room of
  • in the Situation Room of



  • clientsiman
    Apr 9, 04:02 AM
    So who's Obama gonna blow up next? Syria, Yemen?

    Well both Syria and Yemen have oil and therefore are very good candidates for bombing. I think the peace nobel prize winer (Obama) has already enough wars to keep him and his army happy, so I don't expect the US to start an new war soon.





    the situation room logo. situation room logo. from the
  • situation room logo. from the



  • aswitcher
    Jan 11, 08:42 PM
    Ok, its looking good to me. I might have buyers remorse when the pro touch version appears but thats likely to be quite expensive and a Rev A with some expensive very new bits that I can probably do without.





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. the
  • the situation room logo. the



  • Evangelion
    Aug 29, 01:10 PM
    It seems that if this rumor is correct, then why now? Why not 2 months ago?

    because merom is being releaased now, not two months ago. with merom, yonah will propably get very cheap





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. the
  • the situation room logo. the



  • poppe
    Jul 14, 12:20 PM
    Early June. Its middle of July. Where is it? Wheres the player? They're showing of a prototype disc? Its world away from ever reaching my computer.

    So one company doesn't display it that means that the other companies that are working on it couldn't have it out by end of 2006/early 2007 as I stated earlier?

    Dell didn't release a workstation. Hp must not either





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. the
  • the situation room logo. the



  • BC2009
    Oct 24, 01:24 AM
    Ditto for me. I can't believe I waffled between 3GS, HTC Incredible, and iPhone 4. With 3GS 30% of my calls were dropped, with iPhone 4, 0%. Had it since July 5.

    And remarkably Consumer Reports recommended the 3GS. Which drops more calls just like other smart phones drop calls. What CR did was take advantage of the media hysteria and jumped on the bandwagon with a review that would put them in the spotlight. I would respect them much more if they did not recommend previous model iPhones that got worse reception.

    But their biased unprofessional review with the reviewer's little demonstration with the masking tape showed their bias and intent. They were simply out to take advantage of an opportunity to take wall street's favorite child down in order to get the spotlight.

    Where was the "non-recommendation" on the first review that rated the iPhone-4 as the best phone ever? That was when it was popular in the media to praise apple - before antenna-gate. CR came off on this one like a politician wavering with public opinion. I always expected CR to uncover issues with products, not simply ride the media public opinion wave or worse to publish fiction to sell their subscriptions.





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. the
  • the situation room logo. the



  • rasmasyean
    Mar 19, 04:06 PM
    is that why the war in afghanistan ended so successfully years ago? oh wait..... :p

    It looks pretty successful to me.






    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. white
  • the situation room logo. white



  • applefied
    Sep 8, 12:17 PM
    belkin has some, but the order pages just say "coming soon", I don't even think you can pre-order.
    http://www.belkin.com/ipod/touch/

    Scosche has some pretty cool ones, you can pre-order now, they ship "mid September"
    http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/212 (scroll down to see the iPod touch cases)





    the situation room logo. the situation room logo. white
  • the situation room logo. white



  • gri
    Apr 19, 11:33 AM
    The iMac update is likely to be a spec bump, Sandy Bridge, better Graphics, etc...plus Thunderbolt. I plan to hang on to my current model for now.

    I am more excited about a potential Mac Mini Update, because I need one of those.

    And what prey makes you excited about an upcoming mini update? Or are you just hoping?





    the situation room logo. The tune in to The Situation
  • The tune in to The Situation



  • jace88
    Jan 3, 05:43 AM
    My daily driver is a Civic FD1:
    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4709/evofdsignew.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/evofdsignew.jpg/)

    My weekend car is an Evo X MR:
    http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9220/45678869185b36fc843ao.th.jpg (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/45678869185b36fc843ao.jpg/)





    the situation room logo. Situation Room with Aila Malik
  • Situation Room with Aila Malik



  • 63dot
    Jan 6, 10:13 AM
    If properly maintained, mileage holds no bounds! BMW's will go to 250k easy.


    Any car will go 250K miles if properly maintained, yet some cars would need more proper maintenance.

    There is nothing better looking on the inside and out as the new BMWs, and if I could have a company car for 5 years, it would be a BMW. But today's BMW (engine longevity wise) is not the same company in any way as the one who put together the very rugged 2002 model. There may not have been the same attention to looks and style, but what counted was that the engine was made to last forever. You wouldn't believe how many of those rusted out and ripped up 2002s there are out there, but they keep on going. Kids get them from their parents and soon grandkids will have them from their grandparents.

    That being said, today's automobile safety standards are far more strict. If I got hit, or crashed, I would want to be in a new BMW with airbags vs. an old BMW 2002. And I am sure the new BMW could simply kill the 2002 on a slalom course. And as far as chick magnets (or what some guys use as an accessory), the new BMWs have all the looks going for it.

    The maintenance on indestructible cars like the BMW 2002 series, and cars like my 70s/80s Volvo DL-GL series amounts to making sure the upholstery is not too ripped up and the rust is kept to a minimum (bondo, sanding, etc) but what you have is a car, as ugly as the weather and age can pit the hell out of it, which will go for 40 or 50 years without any major engine work. And to be fair, my mechanic says the new Volvo engines of the last decade are pretty fragile. A three year old Volvo engine appears to have more wear than my '84's engine according to him. Of course, the sheer durability and weight of my old Volvo engine does amount to a heavier car that doesn't handle any better than a school bus, and gets terrible mileage. ;)

    And when you look at where American cars used to be in terms of reliability compared to anything post 1970s, it's sad. Take a look at Cuba who got left behind after Fidel Castro. Many of the cars people have that are still running are 1950s American cars, back when America used to build everlasting cars.





    the situation room logo. Situation Room during the
  • Situation Room during the



  • zeemeerman2
    Apr 19, 11:13 AM
    What are these "Macs" you speak of?

    Long, long ago, when the animals could still talk and houses didn't have Windows, a round piece of fruit made a Mac, a revolutionary way to use computers ( /com-puu-ters/ ). They improved the system time and time again to the extend that we have nowadays.

    Then came the evil Bill, known from the creation of fences and Gates, and he made something that looked like nothing but was in fact something. Namely, glass Windows. You could look through it, yet not go through it. It was symbolic to say "You can see your home, but there's no possible way to go there. Muahahaha!"

    Unknown by many people, Macs at the other hand, you just could eat (since Mackintosh is a sort of Apples) through and go through. It would finish your hunger and you would be never hungry again.
    And because of the amount of water in the Mac, you wouldn't be thirsty again either. Romans knew that already; they named it Aqua.

    Nowadays, times are different. The Aqua is bit by bit drying up, and Apple thinks more about phones. But even if the Aqua will be gone soon, the Mac is still an Apple, and it will finish your thirst.

    Apple knows that, and they think chocolate has a better taste. Therefore, they have Cocoa now. Much better than Aqua. And it fills directly to your stomach, underneath all things you see, so you don't even have to see that you're drinking. You can do other things while your stomach is filled with Cocoa.

    ...

    Well, anyone else can made a story from puns of Apple stuff? (Anything about getting a job (Steve Jobs)? ... Just saying...)





    supermacdesign
    Jul 18, 09:50 AM
    I hope the rental thing is true--I don't want to own. I'm not with Steve Jobs on this one (assuming the rumors are true that he opposes rentals).

    Owning music downloads fits my habits/needs. Owning movie downloads does NOT. The vast majority of movies I watch I never see again. And I don't want to store big movie files long-term. And I don't want to pay a higher price! Lower the price and make it short-term. I like that better.

    For the few movies/shows I'd want to own, I want the discs (Blu-Ray preferred :) ) and the ability to take them to a friends' house.

    Also, if it's a rental model, I can be more forgiving on quality. They'd have to be better than iPod 320x240 (except, obviously, when played ON an iPod), but if they're a little bit short of DVD quality, I'd still be bored enough to seek instant gratification and rent some. The price would have to be right, of course. Netflix rentals cost about $2.50 each on my plan. For slightly-sub-DVD quality and near-instant delivery, I'd pay maybe $2. For FULL DVD quality I'd certainly be willing to match Netlflix's price, or even pay a little more (for iTunes convenience/speed).

    How often would I rent? Depends on selection... which means, probably not often :) At first. But it would be cool to see it grow to a collection that could rival Netflix.

    After all, I already do all my movie watching on my Mac (sometimes connected to TV).

    This is exactly how I feel about the situation. Renting is the key, and a $1.99 price point is perfect. The movies I purchased for $15 I almost never watch again, I am a sucker for impulse buying. I rent movies now for a buck at RedBox anything more that $2 isn't worth my time when I can have the disc in hand to watch when I want in beautiful DVD quality.





    Umbongo
    Mar 25, 11:40 AM
    The PSU on the Mac Pro is rated for 980 W of power, but for simplicity sake let's say 1 kW. Now, factor in the Super drive, Ethernet, Airport, at least 1 HDD and peripheral docks/cards you are looking at ~100 W. Take into account a 20 W per 1GB of memory (assume 6GB) and you've got ~120 W more. So far ~ 220 W more.

    DDR3 DIMMs don't consume anything like 20W each. More like 20W for the whole 6 DIMMs you are talking about.

    The 6970 uses around 190W at peak load from the reviews I've seen. People already have working 6970s, GTX 480s and GTX 580s on all models of Mac Pros - under windows, but that makes no difference. The power supply is enough to run these cards.

    Anyway they still don't work in OS X on the Mac Pro, despite all these news stories: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,804.0.html





    AFPoster
    Mar 22, 12:55 PM
    goddamn i can't make a joke on these forums. i was kidding dude. it's not a choice, if it were a choice it would have been a fad that went away years ago. Some people are naturally attracted to the same sex, and not just people, homosexuality has been demonstrated in animals as well. Some brains are just wired differently, and to deny them rights for it is just not fair.

    I don't believe any was born gay, that's my opinion. I believe you make the choice in your life, just like you make the choice on what career you want and college you desire to go to. I have friends that were once married (guy/girl) and then divorced because they liked their sex better. So now they are openly gay and happy. I have back and forth e-mails with them stating they consider it a choice. One of my friends is a writer for Lesbians and spoke in front of congress on this issue 2 years ago. I was with her and she even stated that it was a choice to become a lesbian and it's now America's choice to accept it for all for choose this path.





    Spoony
    Apr 26, 02:02 PM
    Also i've never had a Mac.

    Does apple use the term "applications" for their software as opposed to "programs" like windows.

    If that is the case all Apple is doing is shortening their Mac name Applications to App. Everyone else is just copying them.

    Everyone else can call them programs and lets call it a day.





    Primejimbo
    Mar 22, 04:49 PM
    I will just continue to use my iphone as my ipod like everyone else.......



    Sent from my Iphone

    I have a classic and an iPhone....
    I use both and always will



    No comments:

    Post a Comment